Images sold in September 2022

This was a bit of shocker when I checked my sales this morning.

5 sales from two different photos. Two TV and three website usage, all from Germany.

Indigenous boy students at the St John's Home North Campus Mission, Siksika Nation Alberta Canada ca. 1890s

indigenous-boy-students-at-the-st-johns-home-north-campus-mission-ca-siksika-nation-alberta-canada-ca-1890s-2JCDTBK.jpg

• Love 4

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

This was a bit of shocker when I checked my sales this morning.

5 sales from two different photos. Two TV and three website usage, all from Germany.

Indigenous boy students at the St John's Home North Campus Mission, Siksika Nation Alberta Canada ca. 1890s

indigenous-boy-students-at-the-st-johns-home-north-campus-mission-ca-siksika-nation-alberta-canada-ca-1890s-2JCDTBK.jpg

You must be a lot older than you look

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Had a couple of sales this month which brings my total so far this year up to and equal to my total sales for the whole of last year. This is good news. The total gross revenue for this years sales is 80.5% of the gross revenue for last years sales. This is not so good news.

This months sales are from old slides. Here is one of them, and a link to the other of mainly animal blood and guts.

Usage: Editorial.

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic.

Print run: Up to 10,000.

Placement: Inside.

Image size: 1 page

Start: 1.8.22

Duration: In perpetuity.

low $$

the-medusa-of-staurophora-mertensii-jell

Medusa, Scotland.

Personal use.

low $$

Shark bite wound, Scotland.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

First page of 2021 British passport: 'Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State requests and requires in the name of Her Majesty all those whom it..."   $

2F55EMY.jpg

Hmm, that makes me wonder if I should upload my Royal Invitation to a media reception back in 1990, when she was on tour in Canada

No laugh emojis please, it's a true story.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

'No Horses' warning sign. The Promenade, Morecambe, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

'No Horses' warning sign. The Promenade, Morecambe, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial, Editorial Website, 10 year, Worldwide, single article with archival right in perpituty
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 10 September 2022
End: 10 September 2032

14 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

nice image was curious if it was in Van, so had a look, note that you don't have the location in Caption nor KW, just in "additional info". 

Yes, it is Van. However, since it's a concept (and perhaps architectural design) image, I didn't think location would add anything. It might be even result in false positives.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Unless that charity is the buyer?

wim

A possible answer Wim, but the buyer is based in Germany and the usage is cited as Consumer Goods, Media Calendar.  I guess that the organisation concerned could be sourcing their calendars in Germany?  Very strange....

aerial-view-of-the-brutalist-design-of-g
Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 09 September 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

Sales this year finally on level compared with the 2 pandemic years. Hope to break my 2019 selling streak, images mainly from Singapore, Southeast Asia. 

• Like 1