August 2022 - Favourite uploads

spacecadet

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

It is a cowardly act, ReeRay. 🤨

It would not be so bad if they were to post their reasons/objections to your comment when giving a red arrow. But this underhanded use of red arrows without explanation on their part is truly cowardly.

Allan

Here comes another red arrow.😔

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Could be someone thought that the reference to eating crocodile was derogatory to the Chinese.

Far from it. I ate quite a few unusual things in China and never regretted trying them; when in Rome, come si dice....they probably don't. Bullfrog was delicious. And it was nice to meet the mantis shrimp I'd enjoyed in Venice as canocie....not the same one obvs, I'd eaten it, long way to China anyway. Looks like a langoustine that had first and second choice of weapons.

Edited by spacecadet

My next door neighbors preparing to move to Florida this past May. Mike often and generously helped me with difficult things without my asking, so no, that’s not why they moved! 😂

2JPBFGE.jpg

apple and berry strudel bought frozen from Aldi, then baked.

2JPBFGJ.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

Not much of an image, but I thought you all might enjoy the fact that some herring gulls made a nest in the O of the John Lewis store sign. These birds are short on charm and don't even get on well with their own spices . . . but I kind of like them anyway. Them and the pigeons are all the wildlife I get to see here in the centre of Liverpool. 

herring-gull-nest-in-the-letter-o-of-the

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Not much of an image, but I thought you all might enjoy the fact that some herring gulls made a nest in the O of the John Lewis store sign. These birds are short on charm and don't even get on well with their own spices . . . but I kind of like them anyway. Them and the pigeons are all the wildlife I get to see here in the centre of Liverpool. 

herring-gull-nest-in-the-letter-o-of-the

😀Even the nest is bad-tempered..........It's a whole lot of an image, Ed, love it!

Has that one got a stolen chip in his beak perchance?

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

😀Even the nest is bad-tempered..........It's a whole lot of an image, Ed, love it!

Has that one got a stolen chip in his beak perchance?

Hmm, I wonder if he/she does, Mark. When I get a burger and chip at 5 Guys, I feed most of the chips to the birds. I miss the variety of ducks in the London parks.

Few from an enjoyable but very hot walk along the Thames Path alongside the mainly dried up River Thames in Gloucestershire and Wiltshire..

river-thames-in-gloucestershire-and-wilt

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, sb photos said:

Few from an enjoyable but very hot walk along the Thames Path alongside the mainly dried up River Thames in Gloucestershire and Wiltshire..

I love your photo of the sheep - a great weather image that really illustrates the heatwave.

A few recent uploads:

We took a circular walk from Bourton on the Water, in the Cotswolds, earlier this month. This was in Lower Slaughter, first village on the route..

2JJX8KB.jpg

Blackberry picking back in July. Blackberries are doing very well this year..

2JK6DW4.jpg

Early morning at Bristol airport

2JPDMHB.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1

On 19/08/2022 at 15:08, Steve Hyde said:

A few recent uploads:

We took a circular walk from Bourton on the Water, in the Cotswolds, earlier this month. This was in Lower Slaughter, first village on the route..

2JJX8KB.jpg

Did he stay still for long?

Allan

PS

Was there a few years ago. Did Bourton, Lower and Upper Slaughter, and lots more in the area including Guiting Power, Stow on the Wold, Snowshill (lovely village), Bibury and Burford. Among others.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell