Jump to content

August 2022 - Favourite uploads


Recommended Posts

A weekend car show jolly.........Festival of the Unexceptional, Concours de l'Ordinaire, won by the 1994 Astra on the right.

For those with other interests (me too) Grimsthorpe Castle, 1720s, by Vanbrugh.

2JKAWG9.jpg

 

Last time I saw a Simca was in "Maigret", and it wasn't one of these.

2JKAWG8.jpg

 

We got in free, of course, the only Renault 12 there.

 

2JKAWG6.jpg

 

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A dead South American fruit fly near a red mesh fly blocker.   I've had this for years, liked it, but never submitted it until my last upload.

 

2JKEH2T.jpg

 

And this electric substation near San Ramon, Matagalpa Department -- sky and tech:

 

2JKEH1E.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday I had a shoot in an office building across the street from the headquarters of the second largest auto insurance company in the U.S. (GEICO) and so I thought I should grab some snaps of it, who knows, it may come up as a stock need.

 

usa-chevy-chase-maryland-md-aerial-view-

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bright Summer sunshine in the morning in Manchester, England, United Kingdom, British Isles. A high level view of houses, flats, and skyscrapers or high rise buildings or tower blocks in central Manchester, UK.

 

2JKAR6F.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the past 4 years, I uploaded every single month. Last month I didn't. 6 sales for $1 was too much for my motivation.

I've picked myself up and tried to upload a batch. Unfortunately, my internet connection here in the back of Woop Woop is not good and it dropped after 2 images. So here they are.

 

White-bellied sea-eagle (Haliaeetus leucogaster)

 

2JMEN72.jpg

 

2JMENAA.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Portrait of Neville Namarnyilk, an Aboriginal artist from Arnhem Land, in front of rock art, East Alligator River, Northern Territory, Australia

 

2JMJ2CW.jpg

 

Neville Namarnyilk demonstrating how to make a paint brush out of pandanus roots for use in rock art.

 

2JMJ2RN.jpg

 

A fishing lure embedded on the back of a saltwater crocodile

 

2JMJ693.jpg

 

2JMJ85F.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This modern sculpture looks good in Wolstenholme Square in Liverpool, but the high-rise buildings are mostly empty and the square is not being cared for. Our future is fragile in so many ways.

 

wolstenholme-square-in-liverpool-2JMCJ1P

 

Positive expressions on most customers but I failed to get the name of the bistro. I have to go back and find it. Do any of you know this place?

 

Went back and found it today. It's a small unassuming Spanish bar, Spanish Caravan, between Ropewalks and Bold Street. 

 

garden-area-of-liverpool-cocktail-bar-2J

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen many wonderful images of Gotheborg's visit to London, including numbers of drone images which I hope were legal! I like the contrast of the old against the modern skyline of this one.

 

gtheborg-of-sweden-a-sailing-replica-of-the-swedish-east-indiaman-gtheborg-i-launched-in-1738-visiting-london-uk-london-city-skyline-2JN2B57.jpg

 

Having posted this image and hovered the mouse over it, I've noticed that the system doesn't recognise the umlaut and has thus renamed the ship Gtheborg. That's something to be aware of.

Edited by Avpics
umlaut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

I've seen many wonderful images of Gotheborg's visit to London, including numbers of drone images which I hope were legal! I like the contrast of the old against the modern skyline of this one.

 

gtheborg-of-sweden-a-sailing-replica-of-the-swedish-east-indiaman-gtheborg-i-launched-in-1738-visiting-london-uk-london-city-skyline-2JN2B57.jpg

 

Having posted this image and hovered the mouse over it, I've noticed that the system doesn't recognise the umlaut and has thus renamed the ship Gtheborg. That's something to be aware of.

It's showing on the mouseover on the sales page, it's just missing on the thumbnail URLs. Should be OK for search- the umlaut will just be ignored and the letter treated as an "o".

I usually spell the word with "oe" in the tags as well in these cases.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Various art installations throughout the country. Love metal sculptures. So creative.

 

2JN84YF.jpg

 

2JN84W3.jpg

 

2JN851P.jpg

 

2JN853T.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The following were mostly uploaded late July but only passed QC 9th August.

Lincoln railway station platform 3a.

lincoln-railway-station-platform-3a-2022-2JJKHNX.jpg
 
 

boy throwing ball into bucket at ball in the bucket stand Lincoln.

boy-throwing-ball-into-bucket-at-ball-in-the-bucket-stand-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JK674W.jpg
 
 

People dressed in 1940's garments enjoying a break at The Lawn Lincoln 1940's weekend.

people-dressed-in-1940s-garments-enjoying-a-break-at-the-lawn-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JK67A9.jpg
 
 

Kelly Ann singing war time songs at Lincoln 1940's weekend.

kelly-ann-singing-war-time-songs-at-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JK679B.jpg
 
 

Airman and nurse wife with son in peroid dress Lincoln 1940's weekend.

airman-and-nurse-wife-with-son-in-peroid-dress-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JKB0P3.jpg
 
 
Allan
 
Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Does that crocodile have some extra teeth????

 

Paulette

 

It looks like it, doesn't it? It's a miracle I got some shots at all. There was very little light in that shady creek and the croc was fast. I  was shooting at high ISO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

It looks like it, doesn't it? It's a miracle I got some shots at all. There was very little light in that shady creek and the croc was fast. I  was shooting at high ISO.

It would be interesting to know in inches how long the longest teeth are. Getting bit seems like it would be similar to getting stabbed with a few dozen sharp knives. Of course, they rip and roll, I assume, rather than bite in & out. Those are some big-time scary teeth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

It would be interesting to know in inches how long the longest teeth are. Getting bit seems like it would be similar to getting stabbed with a few dozen sharp knives. Of course, they rip and roll, I assume, rather than bite in & out. Those are some big-time scary teeth.

 

I believe that the longest teeth are about an inch long. This specimen is only a small freshwater crocodile but the other specie found in Australia, the saltwater crocodile, has the record of bite force with 3,700 pounds per square inch. They grab you, drag you into the water and drown you rather than shred you to pieces. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

I believe that the longest teeth are about an inch long. This specimen is only a small freshwater crocodile but the other specie found in Australia, the saltwater crocodile, has the record of bite force with 3,700 pounds per square inch. They grab you, drag you into the water and drown you rather than shred you to pieces. 

 

Then they shred you to pieces.😟

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/08/2022 at 07:52, gvallee said:

Various art installations throughout the country. Love metal sculptures. So creative.

 

2JN84YF.jpg

 

2JN84W3.jpg

 

2JN851P.jpg

 

2JN853T.jpg

 

 

 

I too like metal sculptures as your images. I came across some last Sunday.  I was walking the road route back to my car after walking a section of the Thames Path in Gloucestershire. It was hot and I forgot to pack a hat. Saw them when I diverted for a cold drink in the shade. Photographed but still to upload. I think I remember you uploading some artistic grain silos, they were excellent too.

Edited by sb photos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sb photos said:

 

I too like metal sculptures as your images. I came across some last Sunday.  I was walking the road route back to my car after walking a section of the Thames Path in Gloucestershire. It was hot and I forgot to pack a hat. Saw them when I diverted for a cold drink in the shade. Photographed but still to upload. I think I remember you uploading some artistic grain silos, they were excellent too.

 

Yes, silo art is big in Oz. There are silo trails in various parts of the country. Some are truly wonderful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Then they shred you to pieces.😟

 

Allan

 

 

And I learnt recently that you cannot defend yourself by poking the croc in the eyes because their eyes are retractable. They don't care. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.