Images sold in November 2020

10 hours ago, Martin L said:

I phrased that wrong. On the website their 'commercial' means selling photos for profit, which therefore doesn't matter if it is commercial or editorial on Alamy.

It's up to you what you do with the photos or what anyone else does so ignore it if you want, I just thought it was worth letting you know that there are photographic restrictions in force.

i have looked into this as I only live down the road and is quite frustrating as I have yet to find the answer if permission is required just for big photo shoots with vans, models, lights etc or if it does include someone like me just taking photos for stock

Not that it's relevant to me but I shall certainly ignore it. If you are going to bind yourself with restrictions like this you will find less and less to photograph!

The New Forest is a huge area and no restriction could possibly affect images taken from a right of way anyway.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

This for $$ - The Atholl Highlanders on parade at Blair Castle.  First time I've had a sale for television, as far as I recall...

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 11 November 2020
End: 11 November 2025
Licence covers all media within the UK for 5 years

The Atholl Highlanders on parade at Blair Castle in Perthshire, Scotland. Stock Photo

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Roy Waller said:

Good to get one in the first half of the month. These little critters knew exactly what I wanted and all lined up at the entrance to the nest chamber.

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use over 2 years.

Industry sector: Media, design & pblishing.

Start: 11.11.20     End:11.11.22

$xx        above my average.

barn-owl-tyto-alba-young-at-entrance-to-nest-chamber-in-an-old-barn-uk-WWCGJY.jpg

Barn owls where they are meant to be, in a barn.

And that is a really beautiful setting for them. Well done!

Paulette

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, NYCat said:

And that is a really beautiful setting for them. Well done!

Paulette

Thanks Paulette. There were 3 nestlings, a fledgeling and an adult. It was really nice just to be able to watch them all interacting.

Roy

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Roy Waller said:

Good to get one in the first half of the month. These little critters knew exactly what I wanted and all lined up at the entrance to the nest chamber.

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use over 2 years.

Industry sector: Media, design & pblishing.

Start: 11.11.20     End:11.11.22

$xx        above my average.

barn-owl-tyto-alba-young-at-entrance-to-nest-chamber-in-an-old-barn-uk-WWCGJY.jpg

Barn owls where they are meant to be, in a barn.

Great image, Roy! Got yourself a recurrent seller there I am sure.

Kumar

• Love 1

9 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Not that it's relevant to me but I shall certainly ignore it. If you are going to bind yourself with restrictions like this you will find less and less to photograph!

The New Forest is a huge area and no restriction could possibly affect images taken from a right of way anyway.

Blimey, ease up. Nobody is talking about being bound by the restrictions. In fact I was there today snapping away.

Surely it's better to find out about these things no matter how 'un-enforceable' to prepare other snappers against any possible surprises or challenges

Fore warned is fore armed after all.

I understand some people get heated up about their rights as photographers but if I speak to someone in authority that says 'nah, mate, stock is not a problem' then I know I can put my tin hat away and hopefully pass that info on.

• Like 1

I was happy to see this image license even if it is only for personal use (low $$). I came across this beautiful door in Vancouver, so at least I didn't have to fly all the way to India to photograph it. 😄

Antique door from Rajasthan

ornate-antique-rajasthani-haveli-door-fr

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 3

Statue of Saint Edmund. Church of Saint Edmund, King and Martyr. Southwold, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

statue-of-saint-edmund-church-of-saint-edmund-king-and-martyr-southwold-DDWN5F.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 01 November 2020
End: 01 November 2025
page 83

Mid $$.

• Love 1

almost-deserted-entrance-to-seve-ballesteros-airport-santander-cantabria-spain-september-2020-during-the-covid-19-pandemic-2CTAK2H.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
50 MB
5120 x 3414 pixels
2 MB compressed
Start: 12 November 2020
End: 12 November 2025

First Personal Use sale. $9.99 but exclusive so half for me. Second sale this month. Half way to my first payout since joining Alamy in March this year👍

• Love 2
  • Like 1

A very disappointing Rights Managed sale of $4; I didn't think they could get so low for this type of sale.

Usage: Editorial, Editorial website, any size, single use, but includes unlimited sharing across web and social media platforms, worldwide, in perpetuity.
Media: Editorial website
Start: 12 November 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

2CAR1GT.jpg

Edited by SRJUK

16 hours ago, Martin L said:

Blimey, ease up. Nobody is talking about being bound by the restrictions. In fact I was there today snapping away.

Surely it's better to find out about these things no matter how 'un-enforceable' to prepare other snappers against any possible surprises or challenges

Fore warned is fore armed after all.

I understand some people get heated up about their rights as photographers but if I speak to someone in authority that says 'nah, mate, stock is not a problem' then I know I can put my tin hat away and hopefully pass that info on.

As a new contributor you may be unaware of the various incursions on our activities over the years: the National Trust threats, Network Rail objecting to images on railway stations, even the organiser of the Blue Flag beach certification having images of the flags restricted. The lawyers of a British sculptor even leaned on Alamy recently over my images of artworks in a Venetion cloister, and my images were removed. There have been many more examples over the years.

So you may appreciate that "easing up" may not be too effective in protecting our livelihoods. Photography may not be yours, but please appreciate the point of view of those whose it is.

IME it may not be helpful to ask for permission if the answer may be "no". More than once I have been told that photography is not allowed for  reasons I know to be baseless.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

As a new contributor you may be unaware of the various incursions on our activities over the years: the National Trust threats, Network Rail objecting to images on railway stations, even the organiser of the Blue Flag beach certification having images of the flags restricted. The lawyers of a British sculptor even leaned on Alamy recently over my images of artworks in a Venetion cloister, and my images were removed. There have been many more examples over the years.

So you may appreciate that "easing up" may not be too effective in protecting our livelihoods. Photography may not be yours, but please appreciate the point of view of those whose it is.

IME it may not be helpful to ask for permission if the answer may be "no". More than once I have been told that photography is not allowed for  reasons I know to be baseless.

I remember being told by a stock photographer that all images from National Parks in South Africa could not be uploaded as the rules clearly state "Images taken with the intent of selling commercially needed a permit".

I said good luck arguing my intent at time of when i pressed the shutter.  Your honour, when I took this image my intent was to capture the Moment to remember this Giraffe. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The Old Swan and Minster Mill Inn, Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire, England, GB, UK. Stock Photo

Reported a few days ago, same details as a couple of others here:

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 November 2020
End: 10 November 2025
Multiple use in branded content/sponsored articles and bookable content on owned website, app and social media. Excludes use on paid-for media.

...with the same low, low price, so I'm guessing that it will also be a Culture Trip licence, but I can't find it there.

Edited by losdemas

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Yeah, sorry, you are right, what was I thinking.

Maybe you can help, Is there a sort of kindergarten forum for new contributors where I can try and help but not upset any of the older contributors?

• Love 2
  • Like 2