Your Last Sales

44 minutes ago, rickygui said:

I seems to be the only one down in sales. 🤔

Alamy sales can be very much up and down in terms of numbers till you have a large number of images on sale. They will pick up!

Kumar

Last sale was reported August 25th, but there is nine unreported sales I know of. Oldest is from early May, newest from the day before yesterday. Eight of those are distributor sales for Finnish media, so I'm looking for some hefty $ 15 Christmas money once they are reported and actually paid. Before taxes, that is.

One was sold for Monocle Minute, never had any of those before. Do they pay more than $ 5? Any experiences?

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa

Above the 'new normal' for me so far (touch wood) with nine sales, including one $$$ and two high $$ (plus the usual tiddlers and a PU sale of course). I've already surpassed my gross earnings for all of August. Zooms have picked up slightly but still well below average. However, as mentioned in another of these threads, I'm finding that a higher proportion of zooms are turning into sales for some reason.  Don't know if anyone else has noticed this.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

An unusual thing for me. Zip for September, and my zooms are way down. I’m getting some, but not the usual number. I’ve been one of those who have expressed belief that when I don’t upload, my zooms and sales tank. And I let 3 weeks go by recently without uploading.

I know a lot of you don’t think that stance holds water. But that is my experience, and it always happens if I have upload gaps. I had almost no zooms. I uploaded 2 days ago and promptly got 3 zooms yesterday. Coincidence? Maybe.

Maybe not.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

An unusual thing for me. Zip for September, and my zooms are way down. I’m getting some, but not the usual number. I’ve been one of those who have expressed belief that when I don’t upload, my zooms and sales tank. And I let 3 weeks go by recently without uploading.

I know a lot of you don’t think that stance holds water. But that is my experience, and it always happens if I have upload gaps. I had almost no zooms. I uploaded 2 days ago and promptly got 3 zooms yesterday. Coincidence? Maybe.

Maybe not.

I have not uploaded images since 22nd April which have gone on sale as I furloughed myself but have still had the usual number of zooms and even better sales than last year.

I did start uploading again on 15th August and now have 5 batches waiting in QC.

Allan

On 11/09/2020 at 03:42, rickygui said:

Not sure what's happening, but my last sale was in 05 Aug 2020. After that, radio silence.......

Anyone? 

You have a relatively small port only slightly larger than mine. Demands for images fluctuate with many variables, with some months very good, some poor. It's the long term average I look at. With smaller ports missing a few sales can mean a barren month, with much larger ports that would normally lead to greater sales, missing a few sales is less noticeable. Overall this year my sales and revenue should exceed last years if trends continue. Am getting more zooms, but only a small percentage lead to sales. My first sale earlier this month was for a reasonable amount and had been zoomed a month back. Hopefully there will be more, most of mine being notified around the end of the month. I have a backlog of varied images to caption and tag that weren't time conscious, will be working on these. The larger the port the better the odds for sales. What we can't predict if the rising coronavirus R number will lead to conditions that will have a negative impact.

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1

On 12/09/2020 at 17:41, sb photos said:

You have a relatively small port only slightly larger than mine. Demands for images fluctuate with many variables, with some months very good, some poor. It's the long term average I look at. With smaller ports missing a few sales can mean a barren month, with much larger ports that would normally lead to greater sales, missing a few sales is less noticeable. Overall this year my sales and revenue should exceed last years if trends continue. Am getting more zooms, but only a small percentage lead to sales. My first sale earlier this month was for a reasonable amount and had been zoomed a month back. Hopefully there will be more, most of mine being notified around the end of the month. I have a backlog of varied images to caption and tag that weren't time conscious, will be working on these. The larger the port the better the odds for sales. What we can't predict if the rising coronavirus R number will lead to conditions that will have a negative impact.

Thanks for sharing your insight. i also agree larger port will have higher probability in sales, but depends on the type of images and how the contents are structured, not forgetting whether the market got demand for, perhaps at that particular country as well. My country is relatively small, one end to the other only less than an hour travel.

So far places of interest did quite well for my sales since i started. However with the pandemic, there is zero tourists coming into the Republic, don't think there will be much travel images in demand till early next year. I also wonder will geographical will play a part in sales, if am living in a big country i can travel to different states to shoot, but here in my country everywhere looks pretty similar, need very strong visual insight to sniff out better pictures to stand out among my local competitors too. 

I also follow closely on "Picture Needs" but it has been stagnant so far. Already fulfilled most of what is needed but there are no sales push through for more than 12 months, there isn't much competition which makes it strange.