September Challenge BROKEN

Colin Woods

22 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Pushing a broken down vintage car

london-uk-3rd-november-2019-early-push-to-go-up-bridge-for-participants-crossing-the-thames-on-lambeth-bridge-in-this-years-edition-of-the-bonhams-london-to-brighton-veteran-car-run-credit-jf-pelletier-alamy-live-news-2A7JAWB.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to you Colin. Best wishes for the future, and as has been said, perhaps a 'mended' theme will come to you in life.

I'm not sure whether I'll enter this image, but what were the chances of a wandering emu sharing a moment in time on a bridge in London....

1900c-de-dion-engined-combination-vintage-car-being-pushed-up-lambeth-bridge-near-the-start-of-the-london-to-brighton-veteran-car-run-in-november-2019-2A7NMED.jpg

• Like 1

So sorry for your break-up. You always looked such a happy bunch climbing those mountains and all.

Let's see what we can add to the misery 😂

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EFKEY5/red-us-fire-hydrant-with-out-of-service-sign-not-working-broken-unsafe-EFKEY5.jpg

Broken fire hydrant.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/B8TMKN/broken-discarded-35mm-photo-camera-at-the-bottom-of-a-lake-thats-now-B8TMKN.jpg

Broken camera on the bottom of a dry lake.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/AM5JH3/neglected-muslim-graveyard-kazakhstan-in-the-kazakh-steppe-AM5JH3.jpg

Broken grave on the steppe.

wim

Very sorry to hear about your situation Colin. I don't have any wise words to offer that will help much in your current situation but as was stated already time is indeed a great healer.

Broken landscape:

trollegater-in-sweden-AT3R00.jpg

Broken Volvo:

an-old-volvo-pv-544-made-from-the-1940s-

Broken Chevrolet:

a-chevrolet-impala-left-to-rust-in-the-g

Here’s my three

The best thing that could ever happen to an Austin Maestro. I took this with my all time favourite camera, a Canon T90 using slide film

a-still-of-two-cars-exploding-from-the-s

The former Grand Hotel at Kupari beach resort, Croatia. Known as the Bay of Abandoned Hotels.This is one of five hotels destroyed and looted by the former Yugoslav army..

the-former-grand-hotel-at-kupari-beach-r'

Its amazing, and a quite tragic, what gets washed up on the beach these days

an-old-tv-washed-up-out-of-the-sea-onto-

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1

Very sorry indeed to hear the news, Colin. 

My 3:

A boat that has seen better days

aberlady-east-lothian-scotland-united-ki

A broken tricycle in Mongolia

broken-childs-tricycle-mongolian-khustai

The Tsar’s Bell, in the Kremlin, made so big it could never be used as it cracked. A lot of patience required to wait for all of the tourists taking selfies in front of it to remove themselves
largest-bronze-cracked-bell-in-the-world

I'm sorry to read your life  has been thrown against the rocks and home you find calmer seas, here's my three entries

Homeless women with bruised eye, wearing a blue mask sitting on the floor with legs crossed begging for change

Homeless women with bruised eye, wearing a blue mask sitting on the floor with legs crossed begging for change Stock Photo

Fractured time number eight recurring

Fractured time number eight recurring Stock Photo

Broken drum discarded on the grass verge

Broken drum discard on the grass verge Stock Photo

Edited by Sue Rae Edmondson

Broken climate. A day without sun due to wildfire smoke which made the sky a sickly orange. San Francisco Bay Bridge and tollbooth.September 9, 2019. Traffic on Highway 80 and San Francisco Bay Bridge and toll booth during freak afternoon orange sky from toxic smoke of wildfires. Stock Photo

Broken system. Breonna Taylor was shot with eight bullets by the police and killed, while sleeping in her bed.

Black Lives Matter mural and memorial shrine to Breonna Taylor who was  killed from police brutality. Oakland, CA, USA Stock Photo

Broken net.

Black and white close up of a soccer net or soccer goal, twine mesh pattern, on a curved pole or bar, with a hole in the net. Stock Photo

• Love 1

On 10/09/2020 at 19:38, Avpics said:

Nothing deep and meaningful, just literal.

Broken step:

british-army-guards-breaking-step-crossing-the-blue-bridge-in-st-jamess-park-near-buckingham-palace-after-the-state-opening-of-parliament-london-uk-2A4PBR4.jpg

It is the first time I have known or seen the Guards breaking step on a bridge.  The Scots regiments have to break step when crossing a bridge because the kilts swinging in unison can cause problems for the bridge.

Allan

Broken boardwalk in a nature reserve after a large fire (2BX3DF9)

june-4th-2020-aftermath-of-a-large-wildfire-at-thursley-common-national-nature-reserve-in-surrey-uk-the-fire-which-started-on-may-30th-2020-has-devastated-about-150-hectares-of-heathland-an-important-habitat-for-many-wildlife-species-such-as-rare-reptiles-and-heathland-birds-the-boardwalk-through-the-wetter-areas-of-the-reserve-has-also-been-badly-damaged-the-cause-is-not-established-but-could-have-been-due-to-careless-disposal-of-a-cigarette-or-using-a-disposable-barbecue-during-a-long-hot-dry-spell-of-weather-2BX3DF9.jpg

Broken wasp nest

inside-of-common-wasp-nest-vespula-vulgaris-GKWF06.jpg

14th Century effigy of Sir Philip de la Beche, one of the "Aldworth Giants", damaged during the English Civil War when an Act of Parliament passed by the Cromwell regime decreed the demolition of monuments of idolatry and superstition (2CW1D64).

14th-century-de-la-beche-family-effigies-known-as-the-aldworth-giants-inside-st-marys-church-in-aldworth-village-berkshire-uk-2CW1D64.jpg

stromboli-volcano-on-the-mediterranean-island-of-stromboli-erupting-explosively-at-night-in-1992-from-a-large-summit-crater-2B6KCY0.jpg

A volcanic explosion breaks through to the surface of the Earth carrying shattered fragments of incandesent lava and ash into the atmosphere. Volcanoes can be viewed as destructive but they are also constructive, all part of the natural flow of plate tectonics, without which there would be no life on Earth. In other words, sometimes things have to die for rebirth to occur.

basaltic-lava-flows-with-pahoehoe-or-ropy-textures-and-small-lava-J3WHGP.jpg

The entrance to a lava tunnel with shattered carapace and lava fragments on the ground. The molten lava which once flowed through the tunnel is long gone, leaving behind a shell which will eventually break up and disappear itself. Everything is transient.

the-cliff-at-hunstanton-norfolk-england-DGRN62.jpg

Large rock framents on the ground beneath the red chalk cliffs of Hunstanton, Norfolk, England, caused by marine erosion and weathering. Sea level rise will eventually see these cliffs disappear in the blink of a geological eye.

21 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Very beautiful. Nice to see your images, Michael.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette. I haven't been entering the monthly competitions for a while now and not uploading either. I have loads of images awaiting tagging which I must get around to doing.

Three from me:

red-permian-breccia-rockfall-on-the-cliffs-at-oddicombe-beach-babbacombetorquay-KYHBDP.jpg

Red Permian breccia rockfall on the cliffs at Oddicombe beach, Babbacombe,Torquay, Devon. Wreckage from a destroyed house litter the slope

wall-collapse-and-road-closure-following-march-2019-storm-gareth-in-a-plymouth-street-T05GW3.jpg

Wall collapse and road closure following March 2019 storm Gareth in a Plymouth street

honey-fungus-armillarea-mellea-showing-at-the-base-of-a-diseased-catalpa-x-erubescens-purpurea-the-tree-has-split-after-autumn-gales-PXPAA0.jpg

Honey fungus, Armillarea mellea, showing at the base of a diseased Catalpa x erubescens 'Purpurea'. The tree has split after autumn gales