Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

Ed Rooney

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

The life has seemed to have left the forum lately. People are discouraged, contributors have left, so no postings from them, and the rest of us have little to be enthusiastic about.

And I, considering what’s happening with stock, wonder how long it’ll take me to lose complete interest.

Yes finding it difficult to motivate myself to take photos to upload. Just logged a sale under the new contract and that was pretty discouraging.

However nice to see some old faces still around. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Where have you not been?

Allan

Just checked back and I have uploaded 491 images in the last year. Not bragging, I am sure you have uploaded many more than that in a year.

ITMA

The North-East, East Midlands, Essex, Notts, France, Germany, Benelux, NZ- you name it, I haven't been everywhere.

Yes, my average used to be 1000/year.

3 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Ah yes- moved from Llandundo because the goats there haven't been taking precautions 😀

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56423211

16 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I've seen no blight nor goats in the produce section of my nearby M&S Foodhall. 

Ate another bunch of my blight ruined potato crop last night.  Tasted perfect, although the spuds were a little small.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Ate another bunch of my blight ruined potato crop last night.  Tasted perfect, although the spuds were a little small.

Simple solution - eat more of them.😃

Allan

On 27/07/2021 at 11:45, Colblimp said:

Have now lifted all of our blighted spuds. The second earlies are OK, they grow quite quickly, but the maincrop hadn't reached maturity. However slug/wireworm damage was evident in some of the tubers, so maybe just as well to get them out of the ground.

Made the first Spanish Tortilla of the season using the Charlottes. also used some of our onions - apparently some people make Tortilla without onion, now why would you do that? - it was delicious.  Probably by the time the Charlottes have all been used up we will be sick of the taste of Tortilla - but that's way ahead.

Tortilla with baked beans, Tortilla with salad, Tortilla with (homemade) coleslaw, Tortilla with crispy Kale  etc etc.  The Spanish eat it with bread, a tad too close to a potato sandwich for my liking.

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 1

Having once been a guitar player, I don't like hearing that someone's guitar hero has passed. Sorry, Colin.

I've been hard at it this morning, trying to establish and use the newish NHS app. There's a key word used on many app download pages that announce trouble. I'm referring to the word "simple." The NHS says this app is simple. I may be a bit simple, but this app is not. As I write this, I am now okay to log on and use the site. Thanks, NHS. 🤪 But I'll need a nap and brandy before I try that.

I spent about 2 hours wrestling with this thing this morning. The questions were endless. On and on it went. As we got near the end, they wanted a picture of my passport . . . and a video of me saying 4 numbers. 

I remain a Stranger in a Strage World.

Edited by Ed Rooney

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Having once been a guitar player, I don't like hearing that someone's guitar hero has passed. Sorry, Colin.

I've been hard at it this morning, trying to establish and use the newish NHS app. There's a key word used on many app download pages that announce trouble. I'm referring to the word "simple." The NHS says this app is simple. I may be a bit simple, but this app is not. As I write this, I am now okay to log on and use the site. Thanks, NHS. 🤪 But I'll need a nap and brandy before I try that.

I spent about 2 hours wrestling with this thing this morning. The questions were endless. On and on it went. As we got need the end, they wanted a picture of my passport . . . and a video of me saying 4 numbers. 

I remain a Stranger in a Strage World.

The app is not difficult to use but they have to use a very high level of security checking initially to prevent impersonation which is right in my opinion. You don't want someone getting into your medical records. Imagine the chaos if it was easy. Vaccination records are becoming a big thing. I think it is easier for people with British passports as they can check the details more easily. I already had online access to my NHS records through my GP surgery which I got some years ago and it was easy to get the app login sorted. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yeah, I've only had an NHS number for two years. 

And Michael? Why are they using the term "simple?" 

Simple to use once you are in  Edo as I said. 

I go most of my life without being called for jury service, then was called for a Coroners Court a few years back. Then after arriving at the court 20 miles away I was told I would not be required as they always request more jurors than they needed. Now called up again, this time for the Crown Court. What bad luck.

Edited by sb photos

public-art-displayed-in-our-lady-and-st-

There's Gen covering the massive length and breath of The Outback and so many of you making your way up and down hills and valleys. I can't remember the last time I walked more than 15 minutes from my front door. 

I snapped a few pieces of public art in a small church garden near me the other day. When I went back to see if I missed some information about it yesterday, everything was gone; it popped up and then it popped out. Gone. ???

24 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

public-art-displayed-in-our-lady-and-st-

There's Gen covering the massive length and breath of The Outback and so many of you making your way up and down hills and valleys. I can't remember the last time I walked more than 15 minutes from my front door. 

I snapped a few pieces of public art in a small church garden near me the other day. When I went back to see if I missed some information about it yesterday, everything was gone; it popped up and then it popped out. Gone. ???

Edo, I might be covering distances, but as for walking, you and I are misguided. I thought the trip would be perfect to be more active, walk more, get fitter, easy peasy I believed. It turned out to be quite the opposite. Long distances mean long hours of driving. Then once in the Bush, what's better than sit down and listen to the birds. And ah..... those Happy Hours by a campfire... We do the odd hike whenever we can but all and all, I've never been so unfit in my life! On the other hand, never been happier or more free.

• Love 1

A friend asked for photos of an early 1980's gay protest march in Huddersfield. I don't appear to have taken any. I apologise for this laziness. However it made me upload more of a similar march in Bradford in 1979:  the Frank Kelly defence march by lesbian and gay campaigning groups in Bradford, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, on 10th February, 1979.

2GABJTP.jpg

Just now, Ed Rooney said:

Shouldn't that be posted over in the Good New for Flowers thread?

No. I wanted to do something but the rain has stopped me.

Allan

...but my this year's earnings so far just reached half of my last year's earnings...

N.B. I've posted the first part of this statement in the "....good thing happened..." thread

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

Then my scanner stopped working just as I was trying to scan some negs from 1979. It took ages to get it working on another pc. Now uploaded those and they will appear when the server updates. 

12 hours ago, sb photos said:

I go most of my life without being called for jury service, then was called for a Coroners Court a few years back. Then after arriving at the court 20 miles away I was told I would not be required as they always request more jurors than they needed. Now called up again, this time for the Crown Court. What bad luck.

I did it quite a while ago. The waiting around was a drag, but the few trials that I got to participate in were interesting - fortunately nothing gruesome.  It was also interesting to see how the other jurors behaved, most took it seriously but a few just wanted to be away and wouldn't engage in the process in any meaningful way.

However, having reached my 70th year and at the height of Covid, I was called again. This time I decided against it and sent a truthful account of my health issues.  I was excused. 

15 hours ago, sb photos said:

Do you have an opt out for age? We do in the US. I availed myself of it.

• Alamy locked this topic