Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

Ed Rooney

13 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

For some reason my ipad won’t keep me logged in so I have to log in every time I want to post, its frustrating! 

Ah bless dear Apple. My way or the highway. Never been near them.

I tell a lie- my film tutor had an Apple 2 we used to play with. That would be 1981 or 2.

Edited by spacecadet

17 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Thank you Ed! Yes, on the stroke of midnight on Friday I shall turn back into a pumpkin!! 

Actually I will probably check up on you all but I won’t be able to comment….how frustrating! I won’t miss the sniping and bitching that happens on some threads but I will miss the friendly chatter of the folk here. ❤️

Anyone who wants to check up on me can find me on Instagram, search for how_the_light_gets_in

Or for foodie ideas go to https://foodgenie.wordpress.com

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

You think I can remember that either............?:blink: I stay logged in permanently.

I can't remember it either and stay logged in but occasionally, and I don't know why, I am asked to log in to my dashboard, My mac remembers it for me. It is also written down in my password book which is in a locked bow in a secure place.

Allan

1 hour ago, Thyrsis said:

Anyone who wants to check up on me can find me on Instagram, search for how_the_light_gets_in

Or for foodie ideas go to https://foodgenie.wordpress.com

I don't do instagram but am on farcebook.

Allan

29 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

This is a sub-optimal thing in Ed's life.

Ed, you no longer live near a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57879475

Ah, you beat me to it...

Following a meeting of Unesco, Liverpool has become only the third place in nearly half a century to be stripped of its world heritage status. The UN’s heritage body concluded that the “outstanding universal value” of Liverpool’s waterfront had been destroyed by new buildings, including Everton football club’s new £500m stadium.

On 20/07/2021 at 10:02, Ed Rooney said:

Those Red Door newbies sound like they need a slap alongside the head. My ex-wife had cancer 8 times. She didn't make it past the last one. A great person, and we reminded close. 

I'm sorry your ex-wife had such suffering. One of the things about cancer, of course, is that it can recur. I've always been grateful to my oncologist for being willing to say the "cure" word rather than "remission". Survivors always have to be watchful and that is another reason it was not a good idea to start banning us from classes. If some classes were too crowded it would have been simple to ask that long-term survivors not sign up for them. We would have listened to something sensible and caring like that. I'm sure your ex-wife was lucky to have you giving her support. it makes such a difference.

Paulette

• Love 1

What's next? Will they be downgrading my old Brooklyn neighbourhood? Winston Churchill's mother grew up two blocks from me. Okay, a little before my time. 

And what about the Mersey waterfront? Will they remove the Beatles statutes? Will they turn one of the Three Graces into a pizza joint? And what do the Chinese have to do with Liverpool? Other than being immigrants, I mean? I was gonna check what's being said in our recent political post, but I seem to have misplaced it.

Huge amounts of "overseas" investment has turned downtown Vancouver into a total architectural mess. At one time, mountain and ocean views abounded. Now it's all spooky urban canyons and forests of nondescript condo towers. There is something to be said for economic stagnation...

• Love 1

11 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You think I can remember that either............?:blink: I stay logged in permanently.

For cryin’ out loud! You write your passwords on a piece of paper. Keep the list in a pocket on your person. Defend that pocket with a weapon, hammer or some such. 
Be sure to remove list and install in a new pocket before throwing the garment into the washer. Or…you might take the hammer to the washer. Or your own head.

15 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

For cryin’ out loud! You write your passwords on a piece of paper. Keep the list in a pocket on your person. Defend that pocket with a weapon, hammer or some such. 
Be sure to remove list and install in a new pocket before throwing the garment into the washer. Or…you might take the hammer to the washer. Or your own head.

I put a mousetrap in my pocket. You should hear the pickpockets yelp.

Allan

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I put a mousetrap in my pocket. You should hear the pickpockets yelp.

Allan

I'd forget it was there and suffer the consequences......

My bad thing is I’m having to wear a heart monitor for three days for diagnostic reasons, it might be a reaction to my 2nd jab. On the positive side I did a photo of it 😂 Will be on Alamy shortly.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Normspics said:

My bad thing is I’m having to wear a heart monitor for three days for diagnostic reasons, it might be a reaction to my 2nd jab. On the positive side I did a photo of it 😂 Will be on Alamy shortly.

Sorry to hear your bad news. Hope it all works out OK.

Allan

7 hours ago, Normspics said:

Likely all will end well. Around 10 years ago my wife had pads attached to her due to an irregular heartbeat, atrial fibrillation, but only for 24 hours. It cleared up on its own, never returning.

• Love 1

I’ve had a monitor 4 or 5 times. Once recording beats of 260 per minute. Medicine to help that. Then another significant time I ended up with a cardiac ablation. It was to be worn for 30 days, and I was into the third week before the life-threatening arrhythmia manifested, although I was having many other irregularities.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, sb photos said:

Likely all will end well. Around 10 years ago my wife had pads attached to her due to an irregular heartbeat, atrial fibrillation, but only for 24 hours. It cleared up on its own, never returning.

That seems to be my situation, thanks for sharing 

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’ve had a monitor 4 or 5 times. Once recording beats of 260 per minute. Medicine to help that. Then another significant time I ended up with a cardiac ablation. It was to be worn for 30 days, and I was into the third week before the life-threatening arrhythmia manifested, although I was having many other irregularities.

I started to have heart Arrhythmia or fluttering of the heart sensation after 48 hours from the the covid vaccination, ended up in the ER and this is the follow up from a cardiologist. The symptoms are so much better better before being fitted with this Holter device and of course the ER doctor prescribed a baby aspirin daily which has helped enormously. Tomorrow Friday it comes off thank goodness.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Normspics said:

I started to have heart Arrhythmia or fluttering of the heart sensation after 48 hours from the the covid vaccination, ended up in the ER and this is the follow up from a cardiologist. The symptoms are so much better better before being fitted with this Holter device and of course the ER doctor prescribed a baby aspirin daily which has helped enormously. Tomorrow Friday it comes off thank goodness.

They are a pain to wear. Try it for 3 weeks (last week cut short to see a cardiologist) and see how you like it. Back when I had one for the first time, it was huge. Like having a D800, actually bigger and heavier, on a criss cross strap over your chest. Like strap over right shoulder, box hanging under the left arm.  Every time I changed sides in bed, I had to wake up enough to flop the thing over my body. To bathe, I had to take the leads off, then apply new pads after. Nowadays they are so small in comparison.

Each time I wore one, it was smaller than the last. Maybe one day we’ll just plug in an earpiece. 😁

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

They are a pain to wear. Try it for 3 weeks (last week cut short to see a cardiologist) and see how you like it. Back when I had one for the first time, it was huge. Like having a D800, actually bigger and heavier, on a criss cross strap over your chest. Like strap over right shoulder, box hanging under the left arm.  Every time I changed sides in bed, I had to wake up enough to flop the thing over my body. To bathe, I had to take the leads off, then apply new pads after. Nowadays they are so small in comparison.

Each time I wore one, it was smaller than the last. Maybe one day we’ll just plug in an earpiece. 😁

I agree it is a pain to wear, the one I have is small but taped firmly to my chest with just one external wire. Good news it comes off later today. Have a nice weekend Betty.

1 hour ago, Normspics said:

I agree it is a pain to wear, the one I have is small but taped firmly to my chest with just one external wire. Good news it comes off later today. Have a nice weekend Betty.

Good luck, Norm. Keep the old ticker running smooth.

• Alamy locked this topic