Non essential journeys

17 minutes ago, MDM said:

And in other news, police in Suffolk are looking for a man the local media are now terming "The Outlaw". He is considered to be extremely dangerous and should not be approached as he is likely to start an argument that has no resolution and he may be unknowingly infected with Covid-19. He can be easily recognised as he may be wearing only women's underwear (believed to be his wife's knickers) and some strange headgear. He is likely to be carrying a camera. He has been recently sighted in the vicinity of village churches throughout the region. It is not known if this is for religious reasons. If you see him, you should probably hide as there is no chance of getting through to the police who are completely overwhelmed trying to keep up with the legislation and controlling others like The Outlaw.

Best laugh I've had in days.

Paulette

• Love 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MDM said:

This is the time of Covid-19. Imagine for a second that you are one of the really unfortunate ones who develop this to a critical degree. Would you really want to spend your last days arguing over this or anything else that in the greater scheme of things is completely trivial? Time for some fun guys.

to me the heaviest burden remains imagining that i was or will be carrying the virus asymptomatic and ended up causing irreparable harm to someone's loved one, because of my actions to go take some images.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Milton Country Park is closed. Gates closed and chained up.

I can only think that it is because a lot of the paths through the park are quite narrow and people would have to be closer than 2 metres to pass.

Usually when I walk around the park I hardly see anyone.

Allan

35 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

"Time for some fun guys."

🤪 Fun? I'm gonna have to Google that. 

And, Michael -- isn't it "Time for some fun, guys." with the direct-address comma?

Oh Nooooo. I hang my head in shame, Edo, and am off to self-flaggelate as punishment.  🤓🤣

4 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

It seems this bug does not distinguish between royals, PMs, and ordinary folk. Let's try to go a bit easy on Boris. He's trying to run the country and he's ill. 

i feel sorry for him, but i still don't understand why he didn't follow his own guidelines last night.

in Canada we have a prime minister who right away self isolated because his wife caught it, and who at least shows the reality for many by being late for Press conference because he has to take care of 3 kids- regardless of where i stand on his politics, i do expect them to lead by example. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Make sure you do your self-flagellation in self-isolation. 

I might just ask my wife for a hand with that all that Edo. 😀

6 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

i still don't understand why he didn't follow his own guidelines last night.

in Canada we have a prime minister who right away self isolated because his wife caught it, and who at least shows the reality for many by being late for Press conference because he has to take care of 3 kids- regardless of where i stand on his politics, i do expect them to lead by example. 

Because he is so used to thinking that the laws of the country don't actually apply to him no doubt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Milton Country Park is closed. Gates closed and chained up.

I can only think that it is because a lot of the paths through the park are quite narrow and people would have to be closer than 2 metres to pass.

Usually when I walk around the park I hardly see anyone.

Allan

It's nice to see how careful people are being in the usually crowded NYC. Some of the sidewalks are not at all wide and sometimes people step off to walk along the street so as to not pass closely. Not everyone, of course, but the vast majority are taking care.

Paulette

This should be under a new heading but ------ "Is this taking things too far."

In our village it is quite blustery and down near the river there is a good wind. So I went for a walk to get some fresh air remembering to stay 2 metres away from others. It crossed my mind that it would be better to stay upwind of the people I passed so I was not breathing in their expelled air too.

Allan

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

It crossed my mind that it would be better to stay upwind of the people I passed so I was not breathing in their expelled air too.

Alright for you, potentially not so good for them. :unsure: Unless you hold your breath as you walk by too.

Mark

5 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i feel sorry for him, but i still don't understand why he didn't follow his own guidelines last night.

I can think of a number of other politicians who should have been self-isolating for the good of humanity long before COVID-19 came along.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I can think of a number of other politicians who should have been self-isolating for the good of humanity long before COVID-19 came along.

yeah but one of them has been doing a great job where i am, and another next door seems to be improving....  

8 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

yeah but one of them has been doing a great job where i am, and another next door seems to be improving....  

Yes, I wasn't a fan of Legault before this. The guy next door is doing a lot better second time around. I think it has something to do with the beard. 🧔

• Love 1

When you hear about dead people because of a shortage of ventilators, or the death of a middle age father to 3 kids, or when you see the video of the large refrigerated truck backed up to the hospital, when you hear about the crematoriums running overtime, when you hear about people passing alone without family, because they are in isolation.

All of these things are happening right now.

Think about what has been said in this thread, and remember who said it.

Freedom of speech is a basic right, but there is a responsibility that comes with that right.

• Love 1
  • Like 8