Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

Had a real nice, if not pricey, late lunch out with my daughter.  It is her 26th birthday today and it’s Father’s Day too, so when the check came, we fought over it and then agreed to split it.  I bought her lunch and she bought mine!!  I don’t get to see her much due to her night shift schedule, so this was a treat.  She has herself scheduled to be off tonight so she can go out with friends and celebrate.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

No. It’s pretty sturdy…probably could hold 4. 😉😉 Although the one on the bottom said he couldn’t breathe well.

I wasn't sure what an inversion table was so I googled it.  It showed images of people upside down on it, I'm sure it has other uses though😄

Glad you got it sorted anyway...😄

Carol

21 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

I wasn't sure what an inversion table was so I googled it.  It showed images of people upside down on it, I'm sure it has other uses though😄

Carol

Funny thing, Carol. I developed Degenerative Scoliosis about 4 years ago, which is the main source of my back pain along with a bulging disk. My son, Jeff & I had discussed whether the table would help my pain. He said he would buy one for me if I wanted it. When I was in physical therapy, I discussed it with my therapist once, and she said the tables do help some people.

I didn’t want to spend Jeff’s money and find it didn’t help.

A month ago, the dental assistant who cleaned my teeth had my chair tilted so far back that my legs were higher than my head. I felt the stretch in my spine.  I was in that position for an hour, until she was done then had to wait for the dentist to get free and take a look. When I got up, I couldn’t believe how good my back felt. That feel-good lasted about 20 hours. So I ordered the table.

There are degrees of inversion, one starts out at less and works up over time. It stretches out the spine causing blood to nourish the bad places, and take compression off the painful places. It’s temporary relief, but one can get into the table whenever the pain ramps up. 
My back muscles go into spasm and get rock hard. After inverting, they are stretched out and limber. Kind of amazing. It’s also supposed to help the brain. People with glaucoma, heart disease and such shouldn’t do it. 3-5 minutes at a time, a couple of times a day works. It’s a bulky piece of equipment, but I have a finished basement with plenty of room for it.

This is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Teeter-FitSpine-Inversion-Deluxe-FDA-Registered/dp/B07L9KB2PZ/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=teeter+fitspine+xL9inversion+table&qid=1624285328&sr=8-8

Edited by Betty LaRue

50 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Funny thing, Carol. I developed Degenerative Scoliosis about 4 years ago, which is the main source of my back pain along with a bulging disk. My son, Jeff & I had discussed whether the table would help my pain. He said he would buy one for me if I wanted it. When I was in physical therapy, I discussed it with my therapist once, and she said the tables do help some people.

A month ago, the dental assistant who cleaned my teeth had my chair tilted so far back that my legs were higher than my head. I felt the stretch in my spine.  I was in that position for an hour, until she was done then had to wait for the dentist to get free and take a look. When I got up, I couldn’t believe how good my back felt. That feel-good lasted about 20 hours. So I ordered the table.

There are degrees of inversion, one starts out at less and works up over time. It stretches out the spine causing blood to nourish the bad places, and take compression off the painful places. It’s temporary relief, but one can get into the table whenever the pain ramps up. 
My back muscles go into spasm and get rock hard. After inverting, they are stretched out and limber. Kind of amazing. It’s also supposed to help the brain. People with glaucoma, heart disease and such shouldn’t do it. 3-5 minutes at a time, a couple of times a day works. It’s a bulky piece of equipment, but I have a finished basement with plenty of room for it.

This is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Teeter-FitSpine-Inversion-Deluxe-FDA-Registered/dp/B07L9KB2PZ/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=teeter+fitspine+xL9inversion+table&qid=1624285328&sr=8-8

Most yoga classes end with an "inversion" of some sort. Usually a shoulder stand but, for us old folks, the aptly named "legs up the wall". Not the same benefit for the spine but the idea is to let the blood flow to the heart and brain.

Paulette

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

This is the one I have.

Ah thanks for the explanation Betty - it certainly looks like an excellent piece of kit and if it helps give you relief that's the main thing 😄

Carol

1 hour ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Carol

Until I read Betty’s post I’d never heard of an inversion table, only a light table, dining table and completely different, multiple times tables, cosine tables etc.

My dad had an inversion table back in the early 1980s so they have been around for a while.  He was always suffering from back and spine aches and was an avid tennis player so he would do anything to be able to stay on the tennis courts.

My British friend and I got our second jabs today.  No side effects so far.   As we were leaving, loudspeakers were playing FSLN rally songs, just so we didn't forget who got us these vaccines (India, actually).  Nicaragua will be making Covid 19 vaccines beginning in July if not sooner in a facility the Russians built here.   They had a lot of MINSA staffers in to help with the olds, and even more computer stations to keep records.  In and out quite quickly.

Edited by MizBrown
  • Love 1

I went to the grocery store today, a chore I’ve put off for a couple of weeks. $210 later, I’m well stocked up. Except for bread and milk, I shouldn’t have to go for another month or more. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and a few naughty items. I do have a sweet tooth.

The downside of waiting so long is carrying it all into the house and putting it away.😑

It’s nice to have it done.

On 22/06/2021 at 02:10, Betty LaRue said:

I went to the grocery store today, a chore I’ve put off for a couple of weeks. $210 later, I’m well stocked up. Except for bread and milk, I shouldn’t have to go for another month or more. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and a few naughty items. I do have a sweet tooth.

The downside of waiting so long is carrying it all into the house and putting it away.😑

It’s nice to have it done.

Find I need to go to the store every two weeks. That is when my freezer level becomes extremely low.

Allan

New friend Chris called about lunchtime asking me if I would like to participate in a roll up about 3.00pm. Agreed and had a nice couple of hours in the sun on the green.

Not serious competition but had some fun and laughs.

Allan

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

New friend Chris called about lunchtime asking me if I would like to participate in a roll up about 3.00pm. Agreed and had a nice couple of hours in the sun on the green.

Allan

Methinks your definition of ‘roll up’ is slightly different to mine…..

8 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Find I need to go to the store every two weeks. That is when my freezer level becomes extremely low.

Allan

I have a decent freezer in my refrigerator, but also have an upright freezer in the basement. That’s why I can stock up and not have to shop as often. Plus it’s good to cook batches of food and freeze some of it, like chili, casseroles, pie crusts and such. Or grill a number of hot dogs, sausages and hamburger patties at once and freeze them. A pop into the microwave and….dinner.

8 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

What is a roll up? My definition is rolling up meats and cheeses in a tortilla or lettuce leaf rather than making a sandwich with bread.

Yours probably involved exercise.

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

What is a roll up? My definition is rolling up meats and cheeses in a tortilla or lettuce leaf rather than making a sandwich with bread.

Yours probably involved exercise.

A roll up is a hand rolled cigarette. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sb photos said:

A roll up is a hand rolled cigarette. 

Methinks it’s  also a golf term…….everyone "rolls up" at a certain time and then pairs are drawn to play.

Edited by Thyrsis

9 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Unless I’m mistaken it’s also a golf term? 

Reading from Allan's post ' nice couple of hours in the sun on the green.' most likely he is relating to golf. I know very little about golf other than last playing on a putting green over 50 years ago.

Edited by sb photos

53 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Reading from Allan's post ' nice couple of hours in the sun on the green.' most likely he is relating to golf. I know very little about golf other than last playing on a putting green over 50 years ago.

Lawn bowls, I guess 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sb photos said:

Golf, Steve? It's a game, I think. Or maybe a place to have a business meeting? You use a bagful of sticks with hammer heads at the end to furiously attack a tiny, helpless white ball, hit it hard and knock it into the trees. The game really begins when you go hunting for the ball. I forget what happens after you find the ball. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

• Alamy locked this topic