Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Driving into London shold be in the "bad thing that happened to me " section!😮

Not really, just a means to an end. Am sitting in the sun  by alongside the River Lea by Walthamstow Marshes amongst at lots of boats and music. Earlier walked to the Olympic Park along the river photographing a protest against the  CRT. Thought I might have seen a friends daughter here as last time I saw her she had a mooring on th Lea. The only bad thing is the sun is wiping out the screen on my phone, can hardly see to type, and I’ll have editing to do once I’m home

• Like 1

CRT.  Trying to think who would be protesting against these.

Cathode-Ray Tube, Critical Race Theory, Canal and River Trust, Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy, ?

Allan

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

CRT.  Trying to think who would be protesting against these.

Cathode-Ray Tube, Critical Race Theory, Canal and River Trust, Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy, ?

Allan

Canal and River Trust. It is claimed that the CRT are to evict 550 families from their moorings in Greater London to make way for rowing clubs. Those being evicted see it as gentrification and as expected they are devastated.

15 hours ago, sb photos said:

Canal and River Trust. It is claimed that the CRT are to evict 550 families from their moorings in Greater London to make way for rowing clubs. Those being evicted see it as gentrification and as expected they are devastated.

Totally agree.

Allan

16 hours ago, sb photos said:

Not really, just a means to an end. Am sitting in the sun  by alongside the River Lea by Walthamstow Marshes amongst at lots of boats and music. Earlier walked to the Olympic Park along the river photographing a protest against the  CRT. Thought I might have seen a friends daughter here as last time I saw her she had a mooring on th Lea. The only bad thing is the sun is wiping out the screen on my phone, can hardly see to type, and I’ll have editing to do once I’m home

Four miles from my front door and quicker to cycle!

Well despite saying I would not be going into Lincoln city till the Pelham bridge roadworks are finished it was vital that I go in this morning for two main reasons.

I did not have a battery for my wristwatch so had one fitted at the watch place. (Note to self get more batteries).

Also thought I had better get my eyes checked for vision and health wise. Good news Optometrist said they are in very good condition health wise looking at the scan. Not so good is there has been some deterioration in vision but no worse than to be expected at my age.

I went in by car and found the roads to be free flowing both in and out.

The next bit is over in the bad news thread.

Allan

Good thing today. Drove to Louth to look around and investigate the antique/junk centres there. Took a few photos. Found a good art shop (store). And, contrary to Edo's post in the other thread Found a Tea Room that would do me a big all day breakfast with pot of tea for one and toast on the side for £9. The lady came to take my order and checked to make sure she had got it right. Order was brought to table by same lady. I finished my lunch and went to counter to pay by contact with my credit card. Thank you's all round and "Have a nice day." and "Keep safe's" too. Nice friendly safe place.

Allan

52 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Nice friendly safe place.

Nothing has happened in Louth since the Lincolnshire Rising in 1536 for which the vicar of St. James's was hanged, drawn and quartered at Tyburn.

Nowadays they reserve that sort of treatment for Remainers.

memorial-plaque-to-the-lincolnshire-rising-of-1536-st-james-church-GPX86A.jpg
Edited by spacecadet

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Good thing today. Drove to Louth to look around and investigate the antique/junk centres there. Took a few photos. Found a good art shop (store). And, contrary to Edo's post in the other thread Found a Tea Room that would do me a big all day breakfast with pot of tea for one and toast on the side for £9. The lady came to take my order and checked to make sure she had got it right. Order was brought to table by same lady. I finished my lunch and went to counter to pay by contact with my credit card. Thank you's all round and "Have a nice day." and "Keep safe's" too. Nice friendly safe place.

Allan

I would have enjoyed being your companion on that trip, Allan. I love puttering in antique and art shops. I would skip the big breakfast unless it was a nice, ripe half cantaloupe. A cinnamon roll would also entice me, lol.

I am trying to appreciate a really beautiful day here. Went down to the garden earlier and I may do it again. I need to stay in the moment today because at 9AM a workman will arrive to tear apart my shower and search for a leak they haven't been able to find with the small openings they made in the wall last week. They expect to also work all day on Friday and over the weekend. It is expected to be 3 or 4 days of work until I can use my shower again. I have cat-sitting with a couple of clients and one has given me permission to use her shower when I am there. I also am going to be out part of the day each day and that will be a big relief (and a chance to use other toilets). I know I can chase workmen out now and then to use my own toilet but would rather not have to. .......Ohhhhh. Nice thing just happened. The neighbor right across the hall called me and she will be away until Monday and wants me to feel free to use her bathroom. Another neighbor has keys and there are extra ones I can use. I love New York City sometimes. So many people here. All around me at all times and lots are very nice. So it won't be my own bathroom but I can run across in my robe and shower every morning! What a treat.

The really bad thing is actually that I will have to delete zoo photos from Alamy. I have been very aware that zoos can change their policy so I checked with our zoos here and they no longer are OK with me selling photos from their zoos. So out they go. While I'm at it I will also delete all zoos and museums. I just don't trust that the ones that are OK will stay OK and some I don't even know what the policy is. So doing the safe thing. I'm very grateful to have so many wildlife photos taken in wild places.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I am trying to appreciate a really beautiful day here. Went down to the garden earlier and I may do it again. I need to stay in the moment today because at 9AM a workman will arrive to tear apart my shower and search for a leak they haven't been able to find with the small openings they made in the wall last week. They expect to also work all day on Friday and over the weekend. It is expected to be 3 or 4 days of work until I can use my shower again. I have cat-sitting with a couple of clients and one has given me permission to use her shower when I am there. I also am going to be out part of the day each day and that will be a big relief (and a chance to use other toilets). I know I can chase workmen out now and then to use my own toilet but would rather not have to. .......Ohhhhh. Nice thing just happened. The neighbor right across the hall called me and she will be away until Monday and wants me to feel free to use her bathroom. Another neighbor has keys and there are extra ones I can use. I love New York City sometimes. So many people here. All around me at all times and lots are very nice. So it won't be my own bathroom but I can run across in my robe and shower every morning! What a treat.

The really bad thing is actually that I will have to delete zoo photos from Alamy. I have been very aware that zoos can change their policy so I checked with our zoos here and they no longer are OK with me selling photos from their zoos. So out they go. While I'm at it I will also delete all zoos and museums. I just don't trust that the ones that are OK will stay OK and some I don't even know what the policy is. So doing the safe thing. I'm very grateful to have so many wildlife photos taken in wild places.

Paulette

Wonderful news. No bathroom is not good. Great neighbors!

I have a group of a dozen girlfriends that met each other many years ago at an exercise class. We have been having lunch together once a month for maybe 35 years, taking turns to host. Next week we are having lunch at my house for the first time in a year, as we had to stop during each lockdown. I can’t wait to spend a few hours eating, drinking and having girl talk!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Nothing has happened in Louth since the Lincolnshire Rising in 1536 for which the vicar of St. James's was hanged, drawn and quartered at Tyburn.

Nowadays they reserve that sort of treatment for Remainers.

memorial-plaque-to-the-lincolnshire-rising-of-1536-st-james-church-GPX86A.jpg

Again I was referring to the tea room. Oh! What the heck! YES Louth seems to be a friendly safe place too.

Allan

14 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I would have enjoyed being your companion on that trip, Allan. I love puttering in antique and art shops. I would skip the big breakfast unless it was a nice, ripe half cantaloupe. A cinnamon roll would also entice me, lol.

Would have been nice to have you along Betty.

I do like a good rummage. Around antique/junk shops and fairs/car boots too I mean.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

Had a nice lunch out with my ex wife and son to celebrate Father's Day a little early (it's this Sunday in the U.S.) I have a shoot on Sunday, so can't do much then.  My daughter couldn't make it since she worked a night shift at the hospital.  She texted me this morning to say that she had patient last night who was a close friend of my dad's.  The man saw her last name and asked if there was any relation to my late dad.  She was happy to tell him that he was her grandfather! They got along great and she heard stories about my dad.....nice ones I hope.  She did ask him permission to tell me she saw him as a patient.  We have strict laws in the U.S. about patient confidentiality.  She is not allowed to speak to anyone about a patient without consent.

• Love 1

My helper got a new tip for my cane at a ferreteria (a hardware store).  I'll  be getting my second Covid vaccine (Covishield, same as Astro Veneca, I believe, but made in India). 

One of my orchids that's fragrant is blooming.  My own sense of smell has been crap for several years now, so I asked my helper to go out to the courtyard and smell it.  Prosthechia (spelling?) fragrans.  I can even sort of smell it. 

And two pairs of fish were leading new fry.

• Love 1

My oldest daughter is coming up tomorrow, so is my son. They’ve not seen each other since early March. Jeff will hopefully finish assembling my inversion table tomorrow, which is good, because my back is trashed right now. 
I plan on making a peach cobbler.

• Love 1

I saw a woman and a truck driver rescuing a cat today. I heard her say there was something under his truck and when I approached I saw that he was holding a tuxedo cat and she was taking a photo of it, presumably for a "Lost Cat" flyer. Then he said there was an address on its collar and they were discussing what to do. I bet she made sure it got home. There used to be a cat on Charles Street that liked to go out and one day I saw it by the door asking to be let in. So I let it in and one of the residents on the first floor came to open the inner door. It was a well-known cat. Can't say I approve of letting the pets out like that. Many bodegas have cats and they are pretty independent about going in and out.

Paulette

Fathers Day today, received cards from my daughter, my grandsons grandfathers day card, and a card from our very clever cat Bran. He remembers birthdays too, but his handwriting requires improvement.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Fathers Day today, received cards from my daughter, my grandsons grandfathers day card, and a card from our very clever cat Bran. He remembers birthdays too, but his handwriting requires improvement.

It's hard to hold a pen in a claw.

6 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

It's hard to hold a pen in a claw.

For a cat he does quite well, although at times I suspect he has some help. He's a useless photographer though.

• Alamy locked this topic