Images sold in March 2020...

Stagecoach double-deck bus at Lancaster Market, Common Garden Street, Lancaster, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

stagecoach-double-deck-bus-at-lancaster-market-common-garden-street-C2F7W1.jpg

Usage: Single Company - Multiple editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 27 March 2020
End: 27 March 2022

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

This is the fourth $$$ sale (book use, direct sale) reported this month, which is a big surprise considering what is going on.

Funny, isn't it?  I've actually had a pretty poor month, but there do seem to be more $$$ sales being reported (I had my two last month! :)) Seems to be one extreme or t'other.😉

7 hours ago, losdemas said:

Funny, isn't it?  I've actually had a pretty poor month, but there do seem to be more $$$ sales being reported (I had my two last month! :)) Seems to be one extreme or t'other.😉

Funny but welcome. We're all going to need the extra pocket money by the looks of it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

This is the fourth $$$ sale (book use, direct sale) reported this month, which is a big surprise considering what is going on. This image has licensed several times.

A restaurant in the town of Copan Ruinas in Honduras

vamos-a-ver-restaurant-in-the-town-of-co

Really happy for you John! 

I was too in Copan Ruinas, but I kept photographing actual ruins and birds.   Result in terms of sales: close to zilch :)    Your photo illustrates what sells in stock.  Congrats!

• Love 2

cotoneaster-franchetii-BWD740.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 09 February 2020
End: 10 February 2020
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Used in Feb sale notified in March

Low$

sunflower-shock-o-lat-K66AK9.jpg

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 26 March 2020
Duration: In perpetuity All rights, all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, including in context promos

Low$$$

Allan

• Love 2

48 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

Really happy for you John! 

I was too in Copan Ruinas, but I kept photographing actual ruins and birds.   Result in terms of sales: close to zilch :)    Your photo illustrates what sells in stock.  Congrats!

I've been to Copan Ruinas three times, first time in 1996, when the town was very different. A few of my ruins shots have licensed, but the less-photographed subjects do much better. A couple of my Copan ruins images have done well on POD sites. I love Copan and Western Honduras in general. Beautiful countryside and unassuming people. Hope to get back there one day.

Edited by John Mitchell

35 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

sunflower-shock-o-lat-K66AK9.jpg

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 26 March 2020
Duration: In perpetuity All rights, all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, including in context promos

Low$$$

Allan

Congratulations. The "All rights" thing is a bit troubling, though. I wonder what it means in this case.

1688 x 1125 pixels 
153KB compressed
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

RF for $$

a-close-up-of-a-ferrari-badge-on-a-red-f

• Love 1

14 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations. The "All rights" thing is a bit troubling, though. I wonder what it means in this case.

All my images are marked as RM which as we know in the old days meant pay each time it is used.

Now a-days it appears than RM is the new RF - pay once and use it as often as you want.

But yes "All rights" seems to be a bit threatening. Like saying the image is ours now and the originator of the image must pay us each time for it's use.

Allan

11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

All my images are marked as RM which as we know in the old days meant pay each time it is used.

Now a-days it appears than RM is the new RF - pay once and use it as often as you want.

But yes "All rights" seems to be a bit threatening. Like saying the image is ours now and the originator of the image must pay us each time for it's use.

Allan

When I was doing freelance writing for newspapers and magazines, "all rights" meant that you were actually forfeiting the copyright to your work (to the text and often to accompanying photos as well). Consequently, I always refused to sign "all rights" contracts. Who knows what it means in your case, though.

Edited by John Mitchell

racks-full-of-rimfire-rifles-on-sale-in-a-gun-shop-MEM135.jpg

$17.99 Affiliate sale - $6.26 net

Usage: Personal use
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
43 MB
4741 x 3161 pixels
2 MB compressed
Start: 18 March 2020
End: 18 March 2025

• Love 1

Another sale! I'm quite new here, so this has been my best month (in volume) ever with 3 sales! Haha. Too bad this, like the others, was only low $.

Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 February 2020
End: 01 February 2025
Germany, Editorial website

the-entrance-to-cat-ear-the-cat-themed-cosplay-anime-and-manga-bar-in-asakusa-tokyo-japan-T78D6N.jpg

• Love 1

The Langdale Pikes in Winter. Great Langdale. Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

the-langdale-pikes-in-winter-great-langdale-lake-district-national-B8JMJB.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 29 March 2020
End: 29 March 2025

• Love 1

no big month end rush at least a small sale for an easy capture

january-2020-mexican-magazine-hola!-with-headline-the-war-of-independence-of-harry-and-meghan-hanging-at-news-kiosk-2ANXB0T.jpg

expected since i found it after it was zoomed in early Feb,  Lowest of $$, direct, exclusive

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 February 2020
End: 01 February 2025
Rights cover a single article published on websites, social media and syndication of articles to third party platforms on all media and platforms worldwide in perpetuity.

• Love 2

On 28/03/2020 at 08:16, Alan Beastall said:

Two more in the sales basket. This one from Ed Rooney's patch.

JTRFPM.jpg

That's a good one, Alan. I had a small German sale of the Fab Four this month too. 

2A0HAP6.jpg

What's this- a decent sale? High $$? Crumbs. Direct too.
Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 30 March 2020
End: 30 March 2025

mosaics-of-baptism-of-christ-with-john-the-baptist-and-apostles-arian-baptistery-c-500ad-ravenna-emilia-romagna-italy-TRTY35.jpg
Edited by spacecadet