2 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

What do you class as high?

Does this not, to some extent, depend on the camera and how good it is at handling noise? Personally i don't like pushing my Nikon D7000 oast 800 and my RX100M3 past 400. But there could be an element of me being overly cautious.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I had 14 images in QC and three stars.

Reading the 'stars' comments I looked again and it had increased to 5 stars with the 14 images still in QC.

I processed a small batch and uploaded, which passed immediately, but my 14 in QC failed the day after!
First fail in years, just as I gain the new 5 star rating, so I'm kicking myself, but I was using an RX10 mk4 in poor light and there was a slight 'painterly' effect on some of the shots, which may have been the reason for a fail (no reason given yet).

1 hour ago, mickfly said:

I had 14 images in QC and three stars.

Reading the 'stars' comments I looked again and it had increased to 5 stars with the 14 images still in QC.

I processed a small batch and uploaded, which passed immediately, but my 14 in QC failed the day after!
First fail in years, just as I gain the new 5 star rating, so I'm kicking myself, but I was using an RX10 mk4 in poor light and there was a slight 'painterly' effect on some of the shots, which may have been the reason for a fail (no reason given yet).

Could you try putting up some more and seeing how they're treated? IT would be handy to know if 5 star ratings are failure tolerant.

Seeing in another post that millions of EyeEm images are becoming available on Alamy, and several other posts about the quality (or lack thereof) of keywords in images that seem to have been bulk added from other agencies, I do wonder whether the (or a) reason for the QC change might be that these images may not have been through an equivalent QC procedure and be of less overall technical quality, in which case Alamy may be having to use resources to weed out the more obvious dross from these collections. 

The QC procedures have for many years been pretty tight and hopefully will have resulted in Alamy having a good reputation for image quality which benefits everyone.  If imported images which have not gone through a similar QC process might tend to reduce overall quality, and therefore reputation, it would make sense for Alamy to target these and free up resources with less checks on contributors who have proved themselves over a sustained period.

Whatever the reason, I very much welcome the change: it is a real incentive for me to be able to upload and deal with keywords while everything is fresh in my mind, rather than having to wait and then maybe worry about a load of images which are sitting there without keywording having been dealt with because I might not have the time to do this later when the QC pass has been notified.

Graham

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Ooh.

My latest 6 are "awaiting QC":o

Maybe the party's over, or they're still hoiking out a few to check.

Well, they'll be awaiting till 2020 because we're off to NZ.

Bye all.

Have a great time.

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Ooh.

Bye all.

Have fun... sounds like a great opportunity to take lots of photographs!

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Ooh.

Bye all.

Just passed, 90 minutes. All jobbed before walking out the door. That's it for a month.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

This is fun. Thanks Alamy! Would enjoy knowing what is going on in the engine room.

1. QC people hanging by their ankles in the dungeon 

2. Caught them sleeping on the job and fired ‘em

3. There was an uprising and QC is now running Alamy

4. QC are robots after all and they are slowly taking over the world, Alamy first

5. QC watching sports and can’t be bothered

6. Those people who write the codes are running amok through the halls and decided to favor the lot of us

7. QC came to the USA to partake of turkey and trimmings over Thanksgiving and are too fat to fit back into an airplane seat

hmmmm, I wonder....

Betty

I know! QC have turned into Zombies and are eating everybody and soon will come after US!

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Unless I've missed it I'm surprised that Alamy haven't highlighted the importance of self-regulated quality control to ensure this new power isn't abused.

i guess because they still do random checks, many of us went through a QC once since the 5Stars, and having gotten the new feature, i am now even more afraid of impact of getting a rejection and losing the 5Stars, though i am implementing a new procedure to mitigate that risk

16 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I know! QC have turned into Zombies and are eating everybody and soon will come after US!

And after the US, it may be the UK next (actually, I worry about the eyesight of anyone scrutinising images all day)...

2 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

And after the US, it may be the UK next (actually, I worry about the eyesight of anyone scrutinising images all day)...

2 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Well, I meant us, as in you and me and the rest of us poor souls...

2 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

Yesterday instantaneous approval but today the one image I submitted is still in QC perhaps it doesn't work on Sundays?

I suspect we are going to be occasionally checked -- just not every submission now. It would be a good thing to make sure we don't get careless. My Sunday upload has gone right through.

Paulette

• Like 1

On 05/12/2019 at 11:21, Graham said:

Whatever the reason, I very much welcome the change: it is a real incentive for me to be able to upload and deal with keywords while everything is fresh in my mind, rather than having to wait and then maybe worry about a load of images which are sitting there without keywording having been dealt with because I might not have the time to do this later when the QC pass has been notified.

+1 Couldn't have put it better. It's transformed my workflow. I just hope it remains, but I'm wary given the lack of info from Alamy.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 1