I've only now noticed it because of a rare delay, but the database update has also been more reliable of late enabling images to be live extremely quickly. Hopefully somebody is working today to flick that switch as I have a number of election night overflow images waiting to go on sale. They threw us out of our local elections not long after the results were announced so I didn't upload too many on the night.

18 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

For months before the 5 star thing, my news pics went on sale seconds after I uploaded them.

Mine too. I wouldn't surprised if that was one of the reasons for the culling of news contributors, with uploads needing to be 110% accurate with the images available for immediate download.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 18:31, John Mitchell said:

My recent five-star failure (how embarrassing) occurred late Saturday night, so I'm thinking that the offending image might have been flagged by software of some kind and then examined by a human on Monday morning. As mentioned in my post above, the noise was very obvious (even more embarrassing).

Just done a similar thing late this Friday night! (Friday 13th!!). Sent through 2 images which I had intended to delete within a batch of about 14!! Looks like QC have picked it up - still stuck in it this morning. As you say, good to see QC works, but could have done without it!!

:(

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just done a similar thing late this Friday night! (Friday 13th!!). Sent through 2 images which I had intended to delete within a batch of about 14!! Looks like QC have picked it up - still stuck in it this morning. As you say, good to see QC works, but could have done without it!!

Plonker!

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Bummer. I wish it were possible to delete such images before they go into QC. I seem to be back on instant QC now, and I'm still a five-star general despite the recent flub. So there probably isn't much to worry about. I'm going to be extra vigilant from now on. Best of luck.

20 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Bummer. I wish it were possible to delete such images before they go into QC. I seem to be back on instant QC now, and I'm still a five-star general despite the recent flub. So there probably isn't much to worry about. I'm going to be extra vigilant from now on. Best of luck.

Same here; Thanks John

Kumar

I just uploaded 75 illustrations - I've got 3 stars one fail earlier this year for the first time in many years - other stuff has flown through here within 24 hours the past few weeks, so fingers crossed. They've all made it through a couple of nit-picky sites, but I really don't know how illustrations are judged. I got on a tear and made a ton for Christmas and New Years which I have uploaded too late but for web use it's still possible to get a last-minute license I guess - and a bunch for Easter which I'd normally try to get up by January so I'm early. 

Edited by Marianne

Noticed I'd gone from 3 to 5 stars recently (assuming coloured in ones are good, not bad!).

Hadn't read this thread before this morning so did a quick upload of 8 and it went in instantly.

From upload to keyworded to on-sale - just under half an hour - cheers Alamy, I'll settle for that!

13 minutes ago, CandyAppleRed Images said:

From upload to keyworded to on-sale - just under half an hour - cheers Alamy, I'll settle for that!

They'll still need the database update to occur before they're actually on sale, but still, loving this new super power 😎

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:40, MizBrown said:

I'm curious.  Does anyone have four stars, or is it either three or five? 

Assuming all existing ratings went from 3 to 5 possible stars, I would imagine they have been regraded as follows:
old 1 = new 1

old 2 = new 3

old 3 = new 5

So possibly the 2's and 4's will begin to appear as things change going forwards?

• Like 1