I don't know about this QC rating system. I've generally passed QC consistently over the last several months. The few rejections came early in the year when I first started on here.

My rating is 3*.

I find that submissions on Sunday usually get through quickly and are ready on Monday. For me, any other nights, I should expect a wait of a couple of days. Doesn't bother me.

9 hours ago, Craig Yates said:

Yesterdays submission has just been passed manually by QC, followed up with the usual email confirmation. 

Uploaded another submission and that passed instantly.

It looks like they are checking every 1 in 10 submissions.

My recent five-star failure (how embarrassing) occurred late Saturday night, so I'm thinking that the offending image might have been flagged by software of some kind and then examined by a human on Monday morning. As mentioned in my post above, the noise was very obvious (even more embarrassing).

After several submissions passing immediately, the one I have just sent is now 'in QC'. It looks like the policy has moved from checking one or two images each time to checking random submissions.

Over the last week or so, I've had images passing  through QC almost instantaneously, the first time I've ever experienced this on Alamy. Today, things appear to have reverted to the status quo, e.g. 24hrs or more. No, they have gone through in about 30mins this time! 

Edited by John Gaffen

12 minutes ago, John Gaffen said:

Over the last week or so, I've had images passing  through QC almost instantaneously, the first time I've ever experienced this on Alamy. Today, things appear to have reverted to the status quo, e.g. 24hrs or more. 

interesting.   most reports of QC on contributors have been in 2-3 hours time frame.  

1 hour ago, Phil Robinson said:

After several submissions passing immediately, the one I have just sent is now 'in QC'. It looks like the policy has moved from checking one or two images each time to checking random submissions.

for the safety on the collection, i truly hope it will be random.   i worry that mine have both happened on same day of the week so far

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

for the safety on the collection, i truly hope it will be random.   i worry that mine have both happened on same day of the week so far

The submission in QC was there for about 10 minutes before passing. The one I've just uploaded went straight through.

6 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

The submission in QC was there for about 10 minutes before passing. The one I've just uploaded went straight through.

Tests so far, While you have a submission in QC, new submissions also go to "QC- holding pattern", once you get to All clear, straight through until your number comes up again for random QC

new text in Image Manager? :

Thank you for submitting 1 stock image.  We're processing it now and will update your account once complete.  The better your QC rank the faster your submissions will be reviewed 

Edited by meanderingemu

On 11/12/2019 at 15:10, Phil Robinson said:

Had one that went into QC as well. Was approved early the next morning. Phew. 

After my recent flub, I reverted to overnight QC. Now I'm back to instant QC, so thankfully the new system -- be it automated or manual -- appears to have some built-in forgiveness.

I've been steadily uploading for a couple of days and the images seem to pass as soon as they leave my FTP client.

8 hours ago, mickfly said:

I've been steadily uploading for a couple of days and the images seem to pass as soon as they leave my FTP client.

ranking?

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

ranking?

Yes.

Mine is 5 star, hadn't noticed before the mention. Photos in the past would come through as passed late afternoon, now anytime and much quicker.

I've only now noticed it because of a rare delay, but the database update has also been more reliable of late enabling images to be live extremely quickly. Hopefully somebody is working today to flick that switch as I have a number of election night overflow images waiting to go on sale. They threw us out of our local elections not long after the results were announced so I didn't upload too many on the night.

For months before the 5 star thing, my news pics went on sale seconds after I uploaded them.

18 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

For months before the 5 star thing, my news pics went on sale seconds after I uploaded them.

Mine too. I wouldn't surprised if that was one of the reasons for the culling of news contributors, with uploads needing to be 110% accurate with the images available for immediate download.

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2019 at 18:31, John Mitchell said:

My recent five-star failure (how embarrassing) occurred late Saturday night, so I'm thinking that the offending image might have been flagged by software of some kind and then examined by a human on Monday morning. As mentioned in my post above, the noise was very obvious (even more embarrassing).

Just done a similar thing late this Friday night! (Friday 13th!!). Sent through 2 images which I had intended to delete within a batch of about 14!! Looks like QC have picked it up - still stuck in it this morning. As you say, good to see QC works, but could have done without it!!

:(

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just done a similar thing late this Friday night! (Friday 13th!!). Sent through 2 images which I had intended to delete within a batch of about 14!! Looks like QC have picked it up - still stuck in it this morning. As you say, good to see QC works, but could have done without it!!

Plonker!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

Plonker!

Cheers Andy!!

😂

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cheers Andy!!

😂

You're very welcome Kumar  🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Bummer. I wish it were possible to delete such images before they go into QC. I seem to be back on instant QC now, and I'm still a five-star general despite the recent flub. So there probably isn't much to worry about. I'm going to be extra vigilant from now on. Best of luck.

20 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Bummer. I wish it were possible to delete such images before they go into QC. I seem to be back on instant QC now, and I'm still a five-star general despite the recent flub. So there probably isn't much to worry about. I'm going to be extra vigilant from now on. Best of luck.

Same here; Thanks John

Kumar