Wonder if the five minute QC has something to with improved AI? With supervised machine learning it should be a doable thing. 

Then why not offer it to everyone? As no system is 100 % certain, it might make sense to offer this possibility only to contributors with the best quality history. Plus it is a loyalty program in itself; offering some privileges to your best partners and showing others that there might be something to gain if you keep your quality standards for long enough.

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa
Added some articles before nouns quite randomly

Pleased to report I am now on 5 stars too. All images uploaded over the weekend still in QC though.

• Like 1

Yay, mine's changed to 5 star today....Working on an upload now, we'll see how quick that goes through. ;)

..45 minutes later: uploaded via FTP - straight through. Very happy  ;)

Edited by Webby

I wonder if this sudden change isn't due in part to Alamy's expecting to be overwhelmed by floods of RM images being uploaded by former contributors to a certain biG stock agency that has reportedly gone RF. The new 5-star system will certainly help take a lot of pressure off QC.

Edited by John Mitchell

Dam good show. Just recieved my   today and the images uploaded this afternoon have passed Q.C., but the ones uploaded last Friday are still in Q.C. May be they still have the  tag. Should pass in the next day or so. Looking on the bright side, sometimes when I have a load of keywording to do and my brain is getting a bit tired I may play a game, one of which is "Battle Supremacy" in which you are a tank commander and at the moment I'am a  General with 10 million points. To get to become a   General requires 20 million points and by some rough calculations it should take me about 6 years to recieve this additional .  So all is not so bad in the Alamy Q.C. world.

note that my images uploaded today are now in QC queue.  So it appears  still has QC,  but on random batches, which i am fine with, as it will keep us honest.  Thankfully these weren't as timely as the upload from yesterday.

note: just uploaded one more image, and it also went in queue, so i guess i'm in QC for all my uploads today.

Edited by meanderingemu

I'm afraid my QC rank stays resolutely on three stars out of three, despite having never failed a QC check (and putting that in writing is surely tempting fate). I'll see if anything changes when I upload my latest batch of images later today.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I'm afraid my QC rank stays resolutely on three stars out of three, despite having never failed a QC check (and putting that in writing is surely tempting fate). I'll see if anything changes when I upload my latest batch of images later today.

Mine only changed when I uploaded a couple of pics to see what would happen.

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I`ll try the same to change the three black stars to five black stars. I´d prefer some other colour though...

47 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

note that my images uploaded today are now in QC queue.  So it appears  still has QC,  but on random batches, which i am fine with, as it will keep us honest.  Thankfully these weren't as timely as the upload from yesterday.

note: just uploaded one more image, and it also went in queue, so i guess i'm in QC for all my uploads today.

Yep same here

• Upvote 1

Perhaps it was all just a dream, it did feel like stepping through the looking glass

2 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

So, trustworthy, but not that trustworthy! 😂

or, oops the programmer made a mistake when introducing the 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

I did wonder that, but was afraid to say for fear of demotion

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

I did wonder that, but was afraid to say for fear of demotion.

Edit: Just uploaded two images, straight to AIM, no QC. I received my promotion to five stars late, so maybe my plug will be pulled late.

• Thanks 1

Just did a 5 star upload and also went straight into AIM. However i have 4 batches sitting in QC from a previous queue, uploaded at the weekend?

11 minutes ago, Craig Yates said:

Just did a 5 star upload and also went straight into AIM. However i have 4 batches sitting in QC from a previous queue, uploaded at the weekend?

Likewise, I have three waiting. Don't tell anyone but I'm thinking off re-uploading them now 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Just gone through so maybe an adjustment of time (an hour?)

Mine have gone straight through again. Would any of your images have anything about them which any auto software may have flagged as requiring human intervention? High ISO or motion blur or suchlike?

iso 800 f2.8 fading light. Two women toasting sharp but everyone around them not, maybe because of that?

2ACN2GD.jpg
Edited by LawrensonPhoto

31 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

just checked,  mine also. 

1 hour ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

3 minutes here. 😀😉

I got the 5 stars last week or so, I had a batch uploaded during this period of change that appears to be stuck it’s been 7 working days and still in QC, I have never had a failure so I decided to upload a batch yesterday that went straight through and is now online. Anyone else with a stuck batch from a week ago?