22 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Sorry to disappoint, but that's one star. My three are all black.

I know it is one star Mark. I was replying to the posts which say they see five stars.

Still I don't mind only having one star. It is better than none.😃

Allan

😲😫😔😖☹️😳😵🥵😵  So that is why I am still a one star general. Last upload failed. Still 9 days left to upload again.

Pity because I had a good image in that upload to do with the upcoming general election. (Aside:- Is that when they elect new generals?) In 9 days time it won't be worth uploading it.

The sodding image that failed was not worth uploading anyway and has been removed entirely from my system.

Allan

9 minutes ago, Stokie said:

Mine's still 3 black stars. 😪😪😪

John.

Just passed QC from a submission at 18:30 yesterday - and my stars have gone up to 5!!!🤸‍♂️😁

Many thanks Alamy!!

John.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Stokie said:

Just passed QC from a submission at 18:30 yesterday - and my stars have gone up to 5!!!🤸‍♂️😁

Many thanks Alamy!!

John.

Hah! Likewise. Still 24 hours though. Better put some up.

Edited by spacecadet

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Hah! Likewise. Still 24 hours though. Better put some up.

Whizzer! 

I had to go back to the Filezilla log to check I hadn't put them through archival by accident but no- less than 4 minutes. Ed's right- we're going straight through.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

I noticed I'd got a five star rating yesterday. I just (8pm) uploaded a submission and it passed INSTANTLY. As soon as I clicked Finish upload, the screen refreshed and said Congratulations you've passed QC. There were no other submissions in the queue for me, so it hasn't "piggy backed" on an earlier submission. Looks like 5 star QC ratings may come with privileges (= bypass QC), or is it just an Alamy "glitch"?

Mmm.... now I've got more keywording to do than I expected...

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

I noticed I'd got a five star rating yesterday. I just (8pm) uploaded a submission and it passed INSTANTLY. As soon as I clicked Finish upload, the screen refreshed and said Congratulations you've passed QC. There were no other submissions in the queue for me, so it hasn't "piggy backed" on an earlier submission. Looks like 5 star QC ratings may come with privileges (= bypass QC), or is it just an Alamy "glitch"?

Mmm.... now I've got more keywording to do than I expected...

Mark

I notice that I'm now a five-star general as well. Same experience as yours today. No rest for the wicked, I guess. B)

Edited by John Mitchell

It makes total sense to give a quick pass to contributors who are constantly submitting images that have been passing QC. After all, there are bound to be some images on Alamy with flaws . . . since they have never had a policy of checking every single image. 

It is a pleasent shocker though. Remember when we had to mail images in on a disk? 

Edo

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

It makes total sense to give a quick pass to contributors who are constantly submitting images that have been passing QC. After all, there are bound to be some images on Alamy with flaws . . . since they have never had a policy of checking every single image. 

It is a pleasent shocker though. Remember when we had to mail images in on a disk? 

Edo

Yes, it was an expected but welcome surprise, plus it does make sense. However, I imagine that with the promotion comes additional risks and responsibilities. It will probably be quite easy to get demoted to a one-star general if one fails in one's duties. I do remember the days of the disks. My first submissions were on DVD's, maybe even a CD for the first one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Edo

If this frees up some QC inspectors, maybe they can start looking at keywording quality instead??

Mark

Just had another batch go straight to AIM. This is going to change the philosophy a bit- the thinking time about tags during the QC wait is no more. Pretty nifty though.

I'm sure everyone will be repaying the compliment by maintaining the standards😉

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

It's very welcome, images available for sale after the next server update and of course I'm sure we will maintain our standards, it does raise some questions though. 

Is it just an experiment?

Do you need to maintain 3 stars for a certain period of time (a year perhaps) to get elevated to this status?

What happens if you should be found to have transgressed?

Will the standard progression from 1 to 3 stars stay the same?

It would be nice if Alamy told us about this and why it is happening. I upload almost daily and always pass. I did have a fail a few months after I started nearly three years ago while I was still getting used to things. Maybe that’s against me.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1