16 minutes ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Still three stars for me too but that´s enough because they are excellent three stars!

A bit like my excellent one star!

It must be excellent I've had it from the beginning.🤣

Allan

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CandyAppleRed Images said:

Assuming all existing ratings went from 3 to 5 possible stars, I would imagine they have been regraded as follows:
old 1 = new 1

old 2 = new 3

old 3 = new 5

So possibly the 2's and 4's will begin to appear as things change going forwards?

Not all of us Old 3's got a New 5.

5 hours ago, MizBrown said:

Not all of us Old 3's got a New 5.

...and after 300+ submissions without even a single fail, my last one is still in QC for more than 24 hours for the first time.

I don't mind having 3 stars as long as I get my submissions go through the next day after the upload...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

I have only just picked up on this so thanks for the heads up. Having checked I see two new lovely stars have appeared without my noticing and I now have 5 stars 😲. I have had no fails for over a year - some 30 submissions with almost 600 images in that time.

Have Alamy decided to allow self regulation (probably with just the odd check-up) for past good conduct for those of us trying to keep a good record hence the modificationn of the star system. 

Edited by Bill Allsopp
add phrase

4 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

Have Alamy decided to allow self regulation (probably with just the odd check-up) for past good conduct for those of us trying to keep a good record hence the modificationn of the star system. 

it always was self regulation.  They have just adjusted the QC process to be linked to some other variables.  The higher the ranking, the higher the contributor's credibility 

4 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

Just got an email from Alamy saying response times from QC will be slower over Christmas. I tried an upload (1 image) and checked it, 3 minutes later. It had passed. Go figure!

I presume they mean anything that requires human attention

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

It's not Christmas yet.😫

Allan

Alamy'll be no different to most businesses that regard Christmas as running from around the twenty-third to first week January, although the seventh does seem a little excessive

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

it always was self regulation.  They have just adjusted the QC process to be linked to some other variables.  The higher the ranking, the higher the contributor's credibility 

Then there are a lot of silly contributors; choosing to fail their own images, after upload.

43 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

My supersonic  Q.C. rating seems to be grounded. One upload from friday and two from yesterday are still waiting, were they normally fly through.

Same.  Uploaded 31 from my London trip on Friday evening - sailed through instantly.  Uploaded 3 last night and they're still in QC.  Go figure...

Edit: Just passed now.

Edited by Colblimp

2 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

My supersonic  Q.C. rating seems to be grounded. One upload from friday and two from yesterday are still waiting, were they normally fly through.

from experience so far, once you get one image in the QC process all following ones will be held also, until you get through. I'm also in the Queue for my third time, Actually glad to see the random QC can happen at any time not predictable like my first 2 (since predictable = abusable)....

Just tried another (single) image. Passed QC in approximately 20 seconds! So far, I've not had random wait times since I got 5 stars.

14 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Am wondering, I have a lowly 3 stars and there's no greyed out 2 stars.  Assuming live news goes through straight away - confused.com😀

I doubt there will be any greyed out stars. Previously, it was only ever 3 stars, then jumped to 5. Live News should go through immediately, otherwise, it would be yesterday's news. :)

Edited by Steve Valentia

27 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Just this minute (well, hour) back from NZ with 1554 images so this will come in handy..

Also gained a granddaughter (honorary status) as well. Sorry but I think I was bound to boast about that.

Have you seen this?   https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/12357-spacecadet-safe/  You'll never be able to say we don't care.

Paulette