Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:40, MizBrown said:

I'm curious.  Does anyone have four stars, or is it either three or five? 

Assuming all existing ratings went from 3 to 5 possible stars, I would imagine they have been regraded as follows:
old 1 = new 1

old 2 = new 3

old 3 = new 5

So possibly the 2's and 4's will begin to appear as things change going forwards?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Still three stars for me too but that´s enough because they are excellent three stars!

 

A bit like my excellent one star!

 

It must be excellent I've had it from the beginning.🤣

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CandyAppleRed Images said:

Assuming all existing ratings went from 3 to 5 possible stars, I would imagine they have been regraded as follows:
old 1 = new 1

old 2 = new 3

old 3 = new 5

So possibly the 2's and 4's will begin to appear as things change going forwards?

 

Not all of us Old 3's got a New 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MizBrown said:

 

Not all of us Old 3's got a New 5.

...and after 300+ submissions without even a single fail, my last one is still in QC for more than 24 hours for the first time.

I don't mind having 3 stars as long as I get my submissions go through the next day after the upload...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried about the 3 stars. Just looked back, since that rare QC fail last summer, I've uploaded over 200 images in 16 batches and they all went through overnight, so not concerned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only just picked up on this so thanks for the heads up. Having checked I see two new lovely stars have appeared without my noticing and I now have 5 stars 😲. I have had no fails for over a year - some 30 submissions with almost 600 images in that time.

 

Have Alamy decided to allow self regulation (probably with just the odd check-up) for past good conduct for those of us trying to keep a good record hence the modificationn of the star system. 

Edited by Bill Allsopp
add phrase
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2019 at 15:46, Allan Bell said:

 

A bit like my excellent one star!

 

It must be excellent I've had it from the beginning.🤣

 

Allan

 

Clearly you’re the number 1 contributor 👍

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

 

 

Have Alamy decided to allow self regulation (probably with just the odd check-up) for past good conduct for those of us trying to keep a good record hence the modificationn of the star system. 

 

 

it always was self regulation.  They have just adjusted the QC process to be linked to some other variables.  The higher the ranking, the higher the contributor's credibility 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

Just got an email from Alamy saying response times from QC will be slower over Christmas. I tried an upload (1 image) and checked it, 3 minutes later. It had passed. Go figure!

I presume they mean anything that requires human attention

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

I presume they mean anything that requires human attention

 

It's not Christmas yet.😫

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

It's not Christmas yet.😫

 

Allan

 

Alamy'll be no different to most businesses that regard Christmas as running from around the twenty-third to first week January, although the seventh does seem a little excessive

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

it always was self regulation.  They have just adjusted the QC process to be linked to some other variables.  The higher the ranking, the higher the contributor's credibility 


Then there are a lot of silly contributors; choosing to fail their own images, after upload.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

My supersonic  Q.C. rating seems to be grounded. One upload from friday and two from yesterday are still waiting, were they normally fly through.

Same.  Uploaded 31 from my London trip on Friday evening - sailed through instantly.  Uploaded 3 last night and they're still in QC.  Go figure...

 

Edit: Just passed now.

Edited by Colblimp
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

My supersonic  Q.C. rating seems to be grounded. One upload from friday and two from yesterday are still waiting, were they normally fly through.

 

 

from experience so far, once you get one image in the QC process all following ones will be held also, until you get through. I'm also in the Queue for my third time, Actually glad to see the random QC can happen at any time not predictable like my first 2 (since predictable = abusable)....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.