I'm curious.  Does anyone have four stars, or is it either three or five? 

I just uploaded 75 illustrations - I've got 3 stars one fail earlier this year for the first time in many years - other stuff has flown through here within 24 hours the past few weeks, so fingers crossed. They've all made it through a couple of nit-picky sites, but I really don't know how illustrations are judged. I got on a tear and made a ton for Christmas and New Years which I have uploaded too late but for web use it's still possible to get a last-minute license I guess - and a bunch for Easter which I'd normally try to get up by January so I'm early. 

Edited by Marianne

All my illustrations uploaded late last night passed this morning and my QC rank is still 3 stars, so not immediate, but fast enough for me. 

On 16/12/2019 at 16:40, MizBrown said:

Guess no 4 stars are weighing in! Mine is 5.

Noticed I'd gone from 3 to 5 stars recently (assuming coloured in ones are good, not bad!).

Hadn't read this thread before this morning so did a quick upload of 8 and it went in instantly.

From upload to keyworded to on-sale - just under half an hour - cheers Alamy, I'll settle for that!

13 minutes ago, CandyAppleRed Images said:

From upload to keyworded to on-sale - just under half an hour - cheers Alamy, I'll settle for that!

They'll still need the database update to occur before they're actually on sale, but still, loving this new super power 😎

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:40, MizBrown said:

Assuming all existing ratings went from 3 to 5 possible stars, I would imagine they have been regraded as follows:
old 1 = new 1

old 2 = new 3

old 3 = new 5

So possibly the 2's and 4's will begin to appear as things change going forwards?

• Upvote 1

so had my weekly QC queue yesterday. seems to be the strategy for regular uploading so far as a   

Still 3 stars for me, would be great to know what you had to do for 5 stars but can't complain at 24 hours.

16 minutes ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Still three stars for me too but that´s enough because they are excellent three stars!

A bit like my excellent one star!

It must be excellent I've had it from the beginning.🤣

Allan

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 19/12/2019 at 17:46, Allan Bell said:

Allan

deleted

Edited by Pekka Liukkonen

16 hours ago, CandyAppleRed Images said:

Assuming all existing ratings went from 3 to 5 possible stars, I would imagine they have been regraded as follows:
old 1 = new 1

old 2 = new 3

old 3 = new 5

So possibly the 2's and 4's will begin to appear as things change going forwards?

Not all of us Old 3's got a New 5.

5 hours ago, MizBrown said:

Not all of us Old 3's got a New 5.

...and after 300+ submissions without even a single fail, my last one is still in QC for more than 24 hours for the first time.

I don't mind having 3 stars as long as I get my submissions go through the next day after the upload...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

Maybe QC had a Christmas party yesterday? Merry Christmas, QC people.

I'm not worried about the 3 stars. Just looked back, since that rare QC fail last summer, I've uploaded over 200 images in 16 batches and they all went through overnight, so not concerned. 

I've now got 5 (Gold) stars and I passed QC today with 10 images in a few minutes - on a Sunday. Didn't use Reportage or News upload.

Very puzzling. Merry Christmas! :)

Just got an email from Alamy saying response times from QC will be slower over Christmas. I tried an upload (1 image) and checked it, 3 minutes later. It had passed. Go figure!

I have only just picked up on this so thanks for the heads up. Having checked I see two new lovely stars have appeared without my noticing and I now have 5 stars 😲. I have had no fails for over a year - some 30 submissions with almost 600 images in that time.

Have Alamy decided to allow self regulation (probably with just the odd check-up) for past good conduct for those of us trying to keep a good record hence the modificationn of the star system. 

Edited by Bill Allsopp
add phrase

On 19/12/2019 at 15:46, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Clearly you’re the number 1 contributor 👍

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

Have Alamy decided to allow self regulation (probably with just the odd check-up) for past good conduct for those of us trying to keep a good record hence the modificationn of the star system. 

it always was self regulation.  They have just adjusted the QC process to be linked to some other variables.  The higher the ranking, the higher the contributor's credibility 

4 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

Just got an email from Alamy saying response times from QC will be slower over Christmas. I tried an upload (1 image) and checked it, 3 minutes later. It had passed. Go figure!

I presume they mean anything that requires human attention

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

I presume they mean anything that requires human attention

It's not Christmas yet.😫

Allan

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

It's not Christmas yet.😫

Allan

Alamy'll be no different to most businesses that regard Christmas as running from around the twenty-third to first week January, although the seventh does seem a little excessive