March 2019 Challenge.... EATING

NYCat

As I thought about this I kept coming up with topics that would bring up images similar to the ones we just did. I think I have finally found one that will take us in a different direction.... It is "Eating". My examples, of course, will be animals but I welcome all --- insects, denizens of the deep, human people and even MONSTERS.

Three entries per person

Your own images of course

The images must be on Alamy

The winner does the next challenge

The deadline is midnight GMT on March 31.

FA4XAB.jpg

Cocoi Heron in the Pantanal, Brazil

D71338.jpg

Polar Bear Cub in the Svalbard Archipelago, Norway

C2FN8D.jpg

Baby Elephant at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa

EWM1MB.jpg

Yacare Caiman in the Pantanal, Brazil

I look forward to your entries. A lot of us do LOVE EATING.

Paulette

Three from me

a-young-girl-5-yr-old-eyes-closed-in-blissful-expectation-eating-maple-syrup-taffy-on-a-stick-in-quebec-canada-MHT0DJ.jpg

One of son's first grade friends in blissful communion with her maple toffee.

a-walker-feeding-a-dartmoor-pony-with-an-apple-B6364P.jpg

My wife feeding a Dartmoor pony with an apple.

a-young-boy-6-yr-old-with-face-covered-in-chocolate-after-eating-an-ice-cream-PAYC2W.jpg

Give my boy an ice cream and he knows what to do with it.

Well done on your win Paulette, well deserved. My three. 

Man eating French fries with ketchup

PTYDFC.jpg

Yacare caiman (Caiman yacare) with fish

EJ6KC5.jpg

Veiled Chameleon with Insect (Chamaeleo calyptratus)

EJ6M56.jpg

Congratulations, Paulette!

Three people enjoy a canal-side picnic, complete with wine, on a sunny April afternoon in Paris.

three-people-sitting-in-a-shady-spot-alo

Greedy brown pelicans hustle for fish scraps at the John’s Pass docks, Madeira Beach, Florida. 

flock-of-hungry-brown-pelicans-pelicans-

Paris office workers eat lunch around a La Défense wading pool on an exceptionally hot day in June.

french-office-workers-at-la-dfense-eatin

Some great images on here already.

Can I make a suggestion that we add another rule?

Competitors are not allowed to vote for their own images.

What do others think?

Allan

Oh, Allan. I was chided for that years ago. You have to understand that we primitive Americans watch our politicians voting for themselves at every election. So I no longer vote for myself but maybe some do. I saw it as a kind of pride in my work but I have learned that you lovely, polite English folk frown on it. It would not be enforceable anyway.

Paulette

35 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Oh, Allan. I was chided for that years ago. You have to understand that we primitive Americans watch our politicians voting for themselves at every election. So I no longer vote for myself but maybe some do. I saw it as a kind of pride in my work but I have learned that you lovely, polite English folk frown on it. It would not be enforceable anyway.

Paulette

Of course you vote for yourself if you're standing for elective office- I certainly did, I needed the votes!- but I wouldn't dream of doing it otherwise. I'm sure no-one here would.

1 hour ago, aphperspective said:

Absolutely damned un English, I would be kicked out of the cricket club and thrown into the stocks.😯

Black balled too.

Allan

I really don't have a lot to offer for this delicious challenge, but here goes...

A dainty eater in my back yard

western-gray-squirrel-sciurus-griseus-sitting-on-a-wooden-backyard-E9GPTT.jpg

A hungry crocodile hoping to eat me

american-crocodile-crocodylus-acutus-crocodile-lurking-in-lake-coba-C4DMFD.jpg

Humans eating in Sanborns Restaurant, Mexico City

diners-in-sanborns-restaurant-house-of-tiles-or-casa-de-los-azulejos-BDF85C.jpg

Love that baby elephant photo - lucky we don't have to compete with that! Some great stuff so far. I'll have to search my archives and see if anything pops up - I love that these challenges get me to take a look at what I have and encourage me to get them online. 

I learned long ago that it was unBritish to vote for oneself, after I initially did so once long ago when I had a photo in the running, assuming that of course everyone would vote for their photo since there was no rule saying those with photos in the running could not vote...until I saw a discussion on the subject and switched my vote to the competition. As an American, voting against myself wasn't easy, and my inclination would be to abstain altogether, but as this is a British agency, when in Rome...the couple of times since then I've had a photo in the running, I've done the "done" thing and voted for someone else. But, it doesn't come naturally. 

Archived