March 2019 Challenge.... EATING

NYCat

Grey squirrel eating.

CF48DB.jpg

Female Blackbird eating berries in winter.

HC7J4W.jpg

Three other females eating takeaway.

C4RGAY.jpg

Allan

15 hours ago, Marianne said:

Love that baby elephant photo - lucky we don't have to compete with that! Some great stuff so far. I'll have to search my archives and see if anything pops up - I love that these challenges get me to take a look at what I have and encourage me to get them online. 

I learned long ago that it was unBritish to vote for oneself, after I initially did so once long ago when I had a photo in the running, assuming that of course everyone would vote for their photo since there was no rule saying those with photos in the running could not vote...until I saw a discussion on the subject and switched my vote to the competition. As an American, voting against myself wasn't easy, and my inclination would be to abstain altogether, but as this is a British agency, when in Rome...the couple of times since then I've had a photo in the running, I've done the "done" thing and voted for someone else. But, it doesn't come naturally. 

Thank you, Marianne. I figured I wasn't alone but it's reassuring to see it so nicely expressed.

Paulette

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Thank you, Marianne. I figured I wasn't alone but it's reassuring to see it so nicely expressed.

Paulette

You're welcome. Always reassuring to know others feel the way we do. Your honesty is refreshing. 

Three from me:

Male and female dance flies, Empis pennipes, feeding on Geranium robertianum

male-and-female-dance-flies-empis-pennipes-feeding-on-geranium-robertianum-DR441F.jpg

Grazing Dartmoor pony foals on Roborough Down, Yelverton, Devon, UK

grazing-dartmoor-pony-foals-on-roborough-down-yelverton-devon-uk-JBKDDK.jpg

Web spinning UK spider Linyphia triangularis with captured female fly, Bibio species, prey

web-spinning-uk-spider-linyphia-triangularis-with-captured-female-KA03FM.jpg

A fun topic!

Young deer having a Winter snack in Victoria, BC.

HNA41D.jpg

Visitors and locals enjoying the many flavours of gelato in Vancouver:

F0EX11.jpg

My three: mammal, bird, insect -- all eating or considering the options.

HGX6KM.jpg

Bumblebee on Grey Coneflower, Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park.

H6GA8Y.jpg

Gray Squirrel foraging at the base of a tree.

H32BPR.jpg
Redtail Hawk looks up from a rabbit she's just killed and is starting to pick to see if she wants to trade the rabbit that isn't cleaned yet for some nice clean chicken on her handler's glove.  The hawk looks somewhat dubious, but did trade off.  Taken at a Virginia Falconry Association meet near Winchester, Virginia. 

I had a zoom today on my bloody little polar bear. I've always found him adorable but doubted anyone would buy him. We shall see. I am enjoying all of your entries. I already have many more than 8 favorites.

Paulette

Interesting topic! Here's my three:

ecuador-woman-an-elderly-indigenous-ecuadorian-woman-eating-ice-cream-KNHR23.jpg

Senior indigenous Equadorian lady enjoying her ice cream, Cuenca, Ecuador

sally-lightfood-crab-grapsus-grapsus-feeding-on-a-dead-fish-san-cristobal-KXY534.jpg

Sally Lightfoot crab (Grapsus Grapsus) feeding on a dead fish, San Cristobal Island, Galapagos Islands

two-senior-elderly-women-having-fun-with-a-champagne-picnic-glyndebourne-F0E3RX.jpg

Two senior ladies enjoying a picnic in the gardens, Glyndebourne Opera Festival, Lewes, Sussex, UK

Cheers

Kumar

1 hour ago, Doc said:

sally-lightfood-crab-grapsus-grapsus-feeding-on-a-dead-fish-san-cristobal-KXY534.jpg

Sally Lightfoot crab (Grapsus Grapsus) feeding on a dead fish, San Cristobal Island, Galapagos Islands

Cheers

Kumar

When I first read those words I saw GRASPUS GRASPUS.😀

Allan

Some people are succeeding with drag and drop. I usually go to my Image Manager and can right-click the enlarged image to copy it or copy the URL. You can also copy from a lightbox. You can change zooms to comp in the URL to get a large image.

Paulette

On 10/03/2019 at 07:27, Alan Beastall said:

Horse eating hay.

R90AD3.jpg

Wonderful capture LOL - it looks like a cartoon - fabulous! 

Lots of excellent photos here but had to a special thanks for this one for giving me a good laugh today! 

Archived