Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 2/18/2019 at 13:17, Marb said:

Just so depressing after a reasonable last couple of months. I pretty much have lost all incentive to upload here much anymore. Unsustainable!!!

Whereas I've had a really depressing last couple of months, and this one is looking MUCH better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory of FEB low month for sales is that not just Measures had issues but something else which affected images visibility.

I read many had great sales so it could be just me and few others. Also, this month sales could also be images put on lightboxes some months ago then bought this month.

It's just a theory of course, Alamy didn't clarify in details what happened.

Views, Zooms are back to normal btw

Edited by KODAKovic
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

That equates to 600 sales for a starter on a popular microstock site... so not all bad! :)

 

Not everybody has a sense of humour and irony. I smoothed it out :)

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

 

Not everybody has a sense of humour and irony. I smoothed it out :)

 

Thank you.. I think I'd have to give up on life if I took everything too seriously.... not everyone get's my sense of humour though.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

Thank you.. I think I'd have to give up on life if I took everything too seriously.... not everyone get's my sense of humour though.

Flippin' Red Arrows again, I've shot down a couple more for you.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

My theory of FEB low month for sales is that not just Measures had issues but something else which affected images visibility.

I read many had great sales so it could be just me and few others. Also, this month sales could also be images put on lightboxes some months ago then bought this month.

It's just a theory of course, Alamy didn't clarify in details what happened.

Views, Zooms are back to normal btw

 

My theory is that bad news is reported more readily than good. In any month. ;)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

That equates to 600 sales for a starter on a popular microstock site... so not all bad! :)

 

At least one MS site is 10x more lucrative than that, even to a starter, but that's still 10-100x lower than typical fees than Alamy (on a per sale basis only).

 

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 05:41, Hellonearth said:

I know how Marb felt as I also have no sales in Feb. Perhaps the forum magic might work for me too!

Blow me down with a feather if the magic hasnt worked! Sale of image today for $19.95 gross. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, peter_m said:

2 months here - 1100 photos online - 0 sales :) 

 

Nice photos.  You need to give it much more time, some buyers are on a cycle where sales are not reported for months.  1100 seems like a lot but you will need more these days!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, peter_m said:

2 months here - 1100 photos online - 0 sales :) 

 

Peter you had nice image, so time will tell.  I've had 2 sales so far in 3 months (half your portfolio size), the nice thing commission on those 2 sales, equals the 100 download at another MS where you are also board member :-)  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

Peter you had nice image, so time will tell.  I've had 2 sales so far in 3 months (half your portfolio size), the nice thing commission on those 2 sales, equals the 100 download at another MS where you are also board member :-)  

 

 

18 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Nice photos.  You need to give it much more time, some buyers are on a cycle where sales are not reported for months.  1100 seems like a lot but you will need more these days!

 

 

Thanks. I just can't understand about sales reported. I read a lot of forum here but ... One user tells me that if i have sale today - i will see this tomorrow. But another say that if i have sale i will understand this after 1,2,3 months ... For payment i understand that must wait more after sales reported.

 

B.t.w. for 2 months i have 612 views and 5 zooms. More than average CTR.

Edited by peter_m
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, peter_m said:

Thanks. I just can't understand about sales reported. I read a lot of forum here but ... One user tells me that if i have sale today - i will see this tomorrow. But another say that if i have sale i will understand this after 1,2,3 months ... For payment i understand that must wait more after sales reported.

 

B.t.w. for 2 months i have 612 views and 5 zooms. More than average CTR.

It does seem very confusing at first.  It varies according to the buyer.  Some sales - for example those for personal use, where a buyer has purchased an image using a credit card on line show almost instantly.  Business users will often have an account with Alamy and then sales will take some time to show.   These links hopefully explain it more clearly than me :)

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs/sales/?section=7

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs/payment/?section=8

Good luck, Kay

Edited by kay
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marb said:

Well it looks like March is set to be just as bad, if not worse than Feb. No zooms at all so far. Terrible start.

How did you know? The measures for the weekend weren't published until after you posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.