No sales, no zooms, no views

1 hour ago, Marb said:

Diabolical. Not a single sale and almost halfway through the month. Seems adding more and more images has the opposite effect.

Please don't shoot the messenger but you seem to be very upset. But realistically you have quite a few simulars therefore leaving you with about 500-700 photographs to license. 

I myself also have simulars so out of my loaded nearly 8,000 i perhaps have about 5-6,000 different images. 

So the question should be , Are we all expecting too much of the pie out of 150 million photographs available on here ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ace said:

Please don't shoot the messenger but you seem to be very upset. But realistically you have quite a few simulars therefore leaving you with about 500-700 photographs to license. 

I myself also have simulars so out of my loaded nearly 8,000 i perhaps have about 5-6,000 different images. 

So the question should be , Are we all expecting too much of the pie out of 150 million photographs available on here ?

No. I am comparing to my earlier trends when I had more sales and views with a lot less images.

Edited by Marb

8 hours ago, Marb said:

Diabolical. Not a single sale and almost halfway through the month. Seems adding more and more images has the opposite effect.

I have many more images than you, and probably fewer similars. I have not made a sale this month. 

It happens. Cyclical. Sometimes I go for several months with fewer licenses, then I rebound. I’ve learned to not overly sweat something I cannot change.

It’s much healthier for my body to be without anger, angst and resentment. I’ve lost my husband and daughter-in-law this past 9 months. I’m dealing with grief and trying to help my son through his terrible grief from losing his dad and wife.

Those things are much more important in the grand scheme of things. How many images I license pale in comparison.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 6
  • Like 2

On 11/06/2019 at 11:44, Marb said:

No. I am comparing to my earlier trends when I had more sales and views with a lot less images.

For all the time you’ve been concerned about poor sales you’ve had around 2,000 images. OK now it’s 2,200. The difference is insignificant in the scheme of things and cannot give you any definitive statistics.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I had 7 zooms of eggs in supermarkets this morning. I see an egg sale in my future. 

Poco a poco, Lorenzo. I mean piano piano

Edo

Poco a poco llega se llega lejos, suerte!

14 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have many more images than you, and probably fewer similars. I have not made a sale this month. 

It happens. Cyclical. Sometimes I go for several months with fewer licenses, then I rebound. I’ve learned to not overly sweat something I cannot change.

It’s much healthier for my body to be without anger, angst and resentment. I’ve lost my husband and daughter-in-law this past 9 months. I’m dealing with grief and trying to help my son through his terrible grief from losing his dad and wife.

Those things are much more important in the grand scheme of things. How many images I license pale in comparison.

Betty

I'm very sorry to hear that Betty. And yes you are right, i the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

11 hours ago, Sally said:

For all the time you’ve been concerned about poor sales you’ve only had around 2,000 images. OK now it’s 2,200. The difference is insignificant in the scheme of things and cannot give you any definitive statistics.

Indeed . . . especially when one considers one's portfolio as a percentage of the over 160,000,000 image pool (sigh, I remember when it was approaching a meagre 6 million).

Still, always on the lookout for niche subjects . . ."Apophenia"  Alamy Search Result: 24

DD

23 hours ago, Marb said:

I know the feeling. No sales so far this month either. Also I've not had any sales clear for payment in over a month. No payout last month. Lost news access and have hardly uploaded anything since. However like Betty, life hasn't been kind this year and reminds one of the important things to dwell on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ace said:

Betty. Really very sorry to hear of your situation. Kind regards Adrian 

+1, Betty, hope things can become more bearable over time 

Kumar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

I know the feeling. No sales so far this month either. Also I've not had any sales clear for payment in over a month. No payout last month. Lost news access and have hardly uploaded anything since. However like Betty, life hasn't been kind this year and reminds one of the important things to dwell on.

I find the payment stats very confusing. You need a degree in economics and mathematics to begin to understand them. Nothing is straightforward anymore. 

30 minutes ago, Marb said:

I find the payment stats very confusing. You need a degree in economics and mathematics to begin to understand them. Nothing is straightforward anymore. 

I agree. Incredibly complicated addition, subtraction and tough logic. I am thinking of applying to do a joint degree in maths and logic to try to understand the Alamy payment stuff. Any recommendations for a good university - proper old redbrick univerities only will be considered?

In the meantime I think I will get on taking pictures - I mean what could be easier.

7 minutes ago, MDM said:

I agree. Incredibly complicated addition, subtraction and tough logic.

;)