33 minutes ago, Mark Baigent said:

Hi all

I have just noticed that I have had my 500th sale, add them all up = $42,272, better than a poke in the eye with  sharp stick. I might celebrate with a cup of tea.

You've done twice as well as me with a quarter the number of pictures - well done!

Congratulations, Mark. That is a good revenue amount. I imagine that being around in the "good old days" helped.

I hit 1000 sales (I started submitting in 2007) in January for about $73K (gross) at that point, but with over 3x as many images as you.

Walton on the Naze (I had to Google "naze") must be a hot destination. B)

P.S. Looks like you forgot to caption DYJGTK

15 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations, Mark. That is a good revenue amount. I imagine that being around in the "good old days" helped.

Indeed, that was when $1500 sales were available

I hit 1000 sales (I started submitting in 2007) in January for about $73K (gross) at that point, but with over 3x as many images as you.

Nice :-)

Walton on the Naze (I had to Google "naze") must be a hot destination. B)

P.S. Looks like you forgot to caption DYJGTK

To be honest I have neglected Alamy for years but now I am semi retired I will be concentrating on it a bit more.
Mind you I said that a little while ago and then my mum died and I have been bogged down in Probate ever since

4 hours ago, Mark Baigent said:

To be honest I have neglected Alamy for years but now I am semi retired I will be concentrating on it a bit more.
Mind you I said that a little while ago and then my mum died and I have been bogged down in Probate ever since

Sorry to hear about your mother.

I've found that going back and fixing up old captions, etc. isn't exactly a lot of fun but it can pay off.

I'm continually amazed out how many towns and villages with unusual (to me) names there are in the UK. Now I know what a "naze" is. Thanks.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I've found that going back and fixing up old captions, etc. isn't exactly a lot of fun but it can pay off.

I'm continually amazed out how many towns and villages with unusual (to me) names there are in the UK. Now I know what a "naze" is. Thanks.

Hiya

Yes, I have looked at some of my old images and the keywording could be much better as well.

Just up the road from me is the village of Beaumont-cum-Moze

3 hours ago, Mark Baigent said:

Hiya

Yes, I have looked at some of my old images and the keywording could be much better as well.

Just up the road from me is the village of Beaumont-cum-Moze

Googled that as well. Sounds as if you live in a soggy part of the world, pretty though.

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Googled that as well. Sounds as if you live in a soggy part of the world, pretty though.

Hiya, I knew you would :-)
I love it here, beach, backwaters, sea for canoeing and the wildlife is wonderful.

41 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

That's excellent. A very, very good number for 500. I can see some new contributors thinking this was the norm, though and begin uploading a lot of nonsense with the expectation of thousands.

Well done, again.

As mentioned above it includes the good old days when over £100 was the norm.

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

It also looks like you haven't uploaded anything new for a while. Just sitting back and collecting the fruits of your labor?

Paulette

Until I semi retired the return on effort was not worth it sadly

Archived