Images Sold in September (one per day per contributor)

On 26/09/2018 at 07:43, gvallee said:

I'll keep an eye on it like other PUs but this one might be genuine. Perhaps an aviation enthusiast or something.

Er oh... Spoke too soon. It was zoomed by a registered buyer :wub::wub:

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I too have had PU sales that were zoomed. In one case the buyer apparently licensed an image for editorial use and then another one from the same set for personal use. Seems a bit odd but I guess anything is possible. 

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I too have had PU sales that were zoomed. In one case the buyer apparently licensed an image for editorial use and then another one from the same set for personal use. Seems a bit odd but I guess anything is possible. 

Interesting. When I once pointed out to Alamy that a PU had been zoomed, they told me they didn't know who the registered buyer was. Yeah right...

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

Mine too. Thing is, there's now not a lot of difference in value between a PU and a hammered down low 'print run' editorial licence that it's hardly worth the effort chasing it.

6 hours ago, gvallee said:

Interesting. When I once pointed out to Alamy that a PU had been zoomed, they told me they didn't know who the registered buyer was. Yeah right...

Yes, that's what I was told too. In my case, an obscure file, never zoomed or sold before or since, was zoomed and sold as a PU on a Sunday.

The news sales are coming in. So far 9 have been reported, all but two of which I knew about. It’s very difficult to track of which known uses are reported and which aren’t without newspaper names or use dates. I have two known uses of one image which should have been one live news use and one normal use, but have had only two normal use fees reported. So, I don’t know if there was another normal use I didn’t know about or the live news use has been mistakenly reported as a normal use (if that happens).  If you follow me......

This is a use I hadn’t spotted for a different image. I think there are increasingly going to be uses of past Beast from the East images as Winter approaches.

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-3rd

The Harbour and Lighthouse. Maryport. Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.the-harbour-and-lighthouse-maryport-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-DXB0W1.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 August 2018
End: 02 August 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.
$ 9.00

Plant succession on an old lava flow. Maiapilo is a one of the first plants to establish itself on the bare lava rocks. The point well illustrated, which is probably why first it sold, and then for a better than average amount.

AY6J9W Royalty Free: One-time, non-exclusive print and electronic rights including derivative works, pay per view, all languages, world distribution, all electronic formats: (CD, DVD, Video Downloading and Streaming, password-protected websites) Unlimited Print Run. Duration: 15 years.

ay6j9w.jpg

Archived