gvallee

Images Sold in September (one per day per contributor)

Plant succession on an old lava flow. Maiapilo is a one of the first plants to establish itself on the bare lava rocks. The point well illustrated, which is probably why first it sold, and then for a better than average amount.

AY6J9W Royalty Free: One-time, non-exclusive print and electronic rights including derivative works, pay per view, all languages, world distribution, all electronic formats: (CD, DVD, Video Downloading and Streaming, password-protected websites) Unlimited Print Run. Duration: 15 years.

ay6j9w.jpg

• Like 1

....just to end the month, PU. Alnmouth

alnmouth-seafront-alnwick-northumberland

I thought I was going to get to the end of the month with no sales but this saved the day for me, or should I say month.

beautiful-paper-kite-butterfly-in-the-bu

On 13/09/2018 at 22:29, gvallee said:

One of 3 sales yesterday for a book to the US. $$$. Very happy.

green-tree-ants-oecophylla-smaragdina-no

Wow what an incredible shot 😍.

4 hours ago, ACC said:

Wow what an incredible shot 😍.

Thank you ACC. Green ants are very common in the north of Australia. I have them in my garden. And they bite! They even jump on you and bite you!

They are very interesting to watch though. Here they were rolling a leaf prior to sealing it to make a nest.   

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you ACC. Green ants are very common in the north of Australia. I have them in my garden. And they bite! They even jump on you and bite you!

They are very interesting to watch though. Here they were rolling a leaf prior to sealing it to make a nest.   

Don't forget the vitamin C one can get by licking them. A thing every tourist learns in the outback. I think I have been told 5 times a day. LOL.

Yes I have tried. The bite on the tongue is interesting and not very strong. After the ants come the grubs of course. ;-)

Great shot indeed. Specific behavior is always interesting.

wim

37 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Don't forget the vitamin C one can get by licking them. A thing every tourist learns in the outback. I think I have been told 5 times a day. LOL.

Yes I have tried. The bite on the tongue is interesting and not very strong. After the ants come the grubs of course. ;-)

Have you tried licking a bull ant? That would keep you dancing. LOL!!

I have tried lemon ants in Peru. 

37 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Specific behavior is always interesting.

Indeed. The search tags were Green Ants and Bridge.

I have lots of behaviour shots of green ants. I find them fascinating. Except when they invade my sunbird nest and drive Mum to distraction. Then I intervene.

Gen

This just popped in late this evening.  Presentation use.  Had three of those this month.

pilot-and-passenger-with-foot-on-wing-go

Jill