Images Sold in September (one per day per contributor)

4 hours ago, ACC said:

Wow what an incredible shot 😍.

Thank you ACC. Green ants are very common in the north of Australia. I have them in my garden. And they bite! They even jump on you and bite you!

They are very interesting to watch though. Here they were rolling a leaf prior to sealing it to make a nest.   

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you ACC. Green ants are very common in the north of Australia. I have them in my garden. And they bite! They even jump on you and bite you!

They are very interesting to watch though. Here they were rolling a leaf prior to sealing it to make a nest.   

Don't forget the vitamin C one can get by licking them. A thing every tourist learns in the outback. I think I have been told 5 times a day. LOL.

Yes I have tried. The bite on the tongue is interesting and not very strong. After the ants come the grubs of course. ;-)

Great shot indeed. Specific behavior is always interesting.

wim

37 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Don't forget the vitamin C one can get by licking them. A thing every tourist learns in the outback. I think I have been told 5 times a day. LOL.

Yes I have tried. The bite on the tongue is interesting and not very strong. After the ants come the grubs of course. ;-)

Have you tried licking a bull ant? That would keep you dancing. LOL!!

I have tried lemon ants in Peru. 

37 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Specific behavior is always interesting.

Indeed. The search tags were Green Ants and Bridge.

I have lots of behaviour shots of green ants. I find them fascinating. Except when they invade my sunbird nest and drive Mum to distraction. Then I intervene.

Gen

Archived