I sense a re-rank

My views fell away to nearly nothing yesterday and a bhz check today confirms that I have been cast out to the wilderness.

Hope this is  a glitch, but suspect not :(  

My views fell away to nearly nothing yesterday and a bhz check today confirms that I have been cast out to the wilderness.

Hope this is  a glitch, but suspect not :(  

Perhaps but my base test search (not bhz) only moved around 4-6 places on pages 3 & 4. No more than if new content had been added by a higher ranked contributor.

No real change - I am still on p5 after dropping from p1 in the 5/12 search engine changes - though I have noticed that sometimes I am near the bottom of p5, and occasionally, as today, I am near the top (120 images/page, no RF images, BHZ as the first supertag, BHZ not appearing in the caption or any other keyword)

Kumar (the Doc one)

Haha! I hope Alamy are doing something with the BHZ results, because my pseudos appear in pretty much exact reverse order of success! My biggest selling pseudo, with the most zooms, comes almost at the end. The second most successful pseudo comes a little higher. Highest of all is the one I dump images into when I realise there are plenty of better ones of the main subject on Alamy! 

I haven't checked BHZ for several months, so I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not.

Perhaps an algorithm tweak, changing the weighting of, say, supertags and words in the caption compared with tags, would look like a re-rank? 

David. 

My main pseudo appears to have been promoted to page three from page four. However, I haven't checked BHZ for a long time, so I don't know when that happened.

I'm always amazed to see Jesus still reigning in the #1 position in BHZ searches. Divine intervention? B)

Something has happened, maybe not a re-rank, but something is definitely going on.

My BHZ image has come UP from around page 18 (Think it was) to Page 2. :) 

GET IN THERE. Whoopeeeee! :lol: 

Allan

Something has happened, maybe not a re-rank, but something is definitely going on.

Allan

OK Allan - whats the secret then? 

;)

Well my BHZ image for my best pseudo has gone from p 1 (pre 05/12) to p8 (post 05/12 to p 23 today!!!  And yet all the normal real life test searches show no change for that pseudo.  I don't know what is going on.

Pearl

Well my BHZ image for my best pseudo has gone from p 1 (pre 05/12) to p8 (post 05/12 to p 23 today!!!  And yet all the normal real life test searches show no change for that pseudo.  I don't know what is going on.

Pearl

I am not sure even Alamy does ;)

Allan

OK Allan - whats the secret then? 

;)

If I new the secret I would PM you Kumar.

Allan

Allan

Did you add BHZ to the caption or make it a normal tag? That must be it.   :D

Geoff.

Just looked to see where I put BHZ and find it is in the Caption and is also a Supertag.   Originally it was in the Caption and Essential keywords and promise you I have not altered it since the change.

Allan

Archived