The Image Manager thread

All my information seems to have been preserved. 

Keywords using quotes or brackets like “Canada Goose” and [branta Canadensis] have been preserved. So it is mainly upgrading some existing tags like “Canada Geese” to a supertag. Previously I could not get “Canada Geese” into the essentials box due to the 50 character limit, so it converted to only a tag.

I also like the batch editing on similar images. It allows you to declare common supertags and common tags and add tags while leaving unique tags on individual similar images in place.

I also like being able to pick similars for rekeywording from my entire collection, using the search function.

To use a natural history expression rekeywording will proceed like “shit through a duck”.

Thank you for the alert to the change.

My QC rank is two stars out of three. Since I've never failed QC, I wonder what I have  to do to get three stars. :unsure:

Somewhat alarmed to see nearly all my images have 'poor discoverability' with no indication as to precisely  why. I'm guessing I will need to manually set supertags on all 2800 images to reach Nirvana. :(  

Same here! I feel like I deserve that extra star!

I don't think the panel sizes are draggable. Try a reload.

Tried that and tried dragging from every location but to no avail. Not sure how it got there but the working on right hand panel is off page in bottom right corner and reloading does not bring it back

Thanks

Paul

I've somehow got my right hand panel dragged down off the main part of the page and cannot get it back, any ideas?

In the black top bar, there are 2 icons that represent the panel layout, click one of those. It will not remember your preference though, like with the client's side Alamy pages.

There are 2 other icons that let you choose between two ways of showing thumbnails.

wim

Bill, "To use a natural history expression rekeywording will proceed like “shit through a duck”. is new to me. I like a good colourful phrase but this one didn't make it as far East as Kingston back in 60's when I lived there

As to the revelations on the dashboard I seem to have 15 out of my 5019 as highly discoverable but so far I don't seem able to see which they are, never mind the rest which seem relatively invisible.

Just checked, and it looks as if I'm on the new system as well. I'm still in shock and awe mode, though, with poor "discoverability" (dreadful word IMO) across the board.

No doubt things will eventually start to make sense. Will there be a pay raise to help cover all the time needed to revamp our collections? B)

I tried searching for one of my images and then clicking the "Edit Image" button. It did take me to the new Manage Images but just to the full list of images with the last submission first. I guess we can't go straight to the specific image we want to edit. Unless I am missing something.

Paulette

I tried searching for one of my images and then clicking the "Edit Image" button. It did take me to the new Manage Images but just to the full list of images with the last submission first. I guess we can't go straight to the specific image we want to edit. Unless I am missing something.

Paulette

It does go straight to the image with my images, so that's probably just today's phase of the roll-out.

wim

Paulette

It does go straight to the image with my images, so that's probably just today's phase of the roll-out.

wim

+1, goes straight to a specific image here too....

Not many of us reusing keywords, then, and being unable to copy and paste themCopy and paste is a vital part of my workflow but as I haven't been let onto the new system can't really comment

Copy and paste is a vital part of my workflow but as I haven't been allowed on to the new system yet can't comment.

Jon

Paulette

wim

+1, goes straight to a specific image here too....

Takes me to the image as well.

I haven't seen anyone else having serious thoughts about the recommended change of licence type from RM to RF or annotation of the recommended "Editorial" for any image with people or property without releases. As many I have used the rule to annotate / tick correctly about content and leave the decision to the buyers. Now it seems that we should tick these images as editorial and the information about people and property doesn't matter. I have a feeling that this will limit the use.

I've somehow got my right hand panel dragged down off the main part of the page and cannot get it back, any ideas?

In the black top bar, there are 2 icons that represent the panel layout, click one of those. It will not remember your preference though, like with the client's side Alamy pages.

There are 2 other icons that let you choose between two ways of showing thumbnails.

wim

Thanks, but that has not changed anything

I have closed all Alamy pages and restarted computer too but it is still down there

wim

Thanks, but that has not changed anything

I have closed all Alamy pages and restarted computer too but it is still down there

Is your browser set to maximize?

wim

Archived