The Image Manager thread

OK 

Am I missing something still got all of the old system here am I cooling something wrong???? 11.02 UK

Is the new tagging system FLASH? or HTML5

Regards

Jon

It's certainly not Flash.

works on my Samsung tablet :)

Has anyone got a higher number of images showing? Mine says 10914

Edit:  You can select the tag text and copy and paste between windows but apparently only to the capacity of the tag window. Still a problem.

It doesn't matter if they are in separate submissions, just select the image you want to copy from, but I agree there are some tricks and techniques we need to discover (hopefully ;) )

If I select an image, as soon as I go to the sub I want to keyword the selection vanishes. I need to be able to copy and paste sets of keywords.

Suggest we all go to the "Help" tag on "Alamy image manager" and click on the dropdown "Instructions" then bookmark it for future reference.

Allan

Suggest we all go to the "Help" tag on "Alamy image manager" and click on the dropdown "Instructions" then bookmark it for future reference.

Allan

It doesn't tell you how to copy and paste.

AFAICS the old trick of having two MI windows open and copying between them doesn't work. You can't have a selected image from a search and images from a new sub on screen at the same time.

OK 

Am I missing something still got all of the old system here am I cooling something wrong???? 11.02 UK

Is the new tagging system FLASH? or HTML5

Regards

Jon

Same here. I expect those of us who still use the old, pre-Flash, manage images have been left until later. 

Allan

AFAICS the old trick of having two MI windows open and copying between them doesn't work. You can't have a selected image from a search and images from a new sub on screen at the same time.

Open another window, as I do, alongside. Copy from one paste to the other. That is what I used to do. Not tried it yet with new tools. :mellow:

Allan

Let me know if it works Mark.

ITMA

Allan

oh no - thats far too good a suggestion

much better off trying to guess and press random buttons to see if anything happens

Allan

much better off trying to guess and press random buttons to see if anything happens

Tried that and nearly F****d up. :angry:

Sorry for swearing. :)

Allan

Laugh at this one Betty.

ITMA

Allan

ROFL!

Allan

ROFL!

It was only using the Instructions that saved the day after I thought I had mucked up my submission and deleted all of the "Discoverable" images.

Back on track now. ;)

Allan

Allan

Open another window, as I do, alongside. Copy from one paste to the other. That is what I used to do. Not tried it yet with new tools. :mellow:

Allan

ITMA

That's what I used to do. It doesn't work now. Only 30 characters (presumably the limit of the tag size) will paste into the new box.

Allan

Allan

ITMA

That's what I used to do. It doesn't work now. Only 30 characters (presumably the limit of the tag size) will paste into the new box.

DAMN! Thanks Mark. :mellow:

Allan

It takes longer to keyword. You have to type keywords in, then click the blue square, then assign supertags one at a time instead of just filling the esskeys box.

I can't find a way to edit a tag either.

No way to copy and paste tags from one MI window to another. This is a massive problem.

Yes, if anybody has found a way to edit an existing tag i would be very interested!

Can you reorder the tags?

Allan

Unfortunately 'help' doesn't help with my queries.

John.

It takes longer to keyword. You have to type keywords in, then click the blue square, then assign supertags one at a time instead of just filling the esskeys box.

I can't find a way to edit a tag either.

No way to copy and paste tags from one MI window to another. This is a massive problem.

Yes, if anybody has found a way to edit an existing tag i would be very interested!

Can you reorder the tags?

Allan

Unfortunately 'help' doesn't help with my queries.

John.

I think we have to delete the old tag and write a new one.

Allan

Thank you for the alert to the change.

My QC rank is two stars out of three. Since I've never failed QC, I wonder what I have  to do to get three stars. :unsure:

Somewhat alarmed to see nearly all my images have 'poor discoverability' with no indication as to precisely  why. I'm guessing I will need to manually set supertags on all 2800 images to reach Nirvana. :(  

Where do you see QC rank?

Edit: Found it. I was looking in Image Manager not in My dashboard

Thank you for the alert to the change.

My QC rank is two stars out of three. Since I've never failed QC, I wonder what I have  to do to get three stars. :unsure:

Somewhat alarmed to see nearly all my images have 'poor discoverability' with no indication as to precisely  why. I'm guessing I will need to manually set supertags on all 2800 images to reach Nirvana. :(  

Where do you see QC rank?

Edit: Found it. I was looking in Image Manager not in My dashboard

Self calculated

Archived