Has anyone else experienced a CTR crash over the last two months? From having my highest ever rank in October, November and December have seen me almost hit new lows. Zooms this month have been non existent. Blip do you think or are Alamy at work behind the scenes?

Actually in the last 5 months my zooms and CTR have been higher than ever...Dont know why particularly - it pre-dates the change to larger thumbnails- and I am not doing anything different....In another 6 months it will probably be all change again - Alamy certainly seems to provide us with some ups and downs and when you are up - well there's only one way to go. Hey-Ho!

Meantime, as Michael says, hope the zooms translate into sales.

Kumar

Dougie, I saw exactly what you saw. Huge jump followed by a big crash. Did sales follow these numbers? No, not even a little bit.

Actually, sales follow one number only for me; the number of different subjects I have on sale. Adding more of the same doesn't change anything, adding different stuff stuff; things, locations and hopefully in the future - activities, makes a big difference. Back to the drawing board!

Things go up and down. 66 million images on Alamy of which I have 0.01 %, so hardly a measurable statistic.

Zooms reasonable, sales good for past couple of months, but, earlier in the year, zooms were well down. 

"Things go up and down. 66 million images on Alamy of which I have 0.01 %, so hardly a measurable statistic."

in statistics its the absolute size and composition of the sample that's crucial, not its proportion of the total..

Thats how political opinion polls can produce realistic results with samples of 5/10/15 thousand people out of a total UK voting age population of tens of millions....

km

in statistics its the absolute size and composition of the sample that's crucial, not its proportion of the total..

Thats how political opinion polls can produce realistic results with samples of 5/10/15 thousand people out of a total UK voting age population of tens of millions....

Hmmm... the pollsters' predictions have included some spectacular gaffes in recent years... :unsure:

Since the Thumbnails got much bigger there is less need to zoom for customers

I don't see why that should make the slightest difference. The mouseover popup is still exactly the same size as before and contains the same information.

Alan

For more info on polling and sample sizes...

http://www.britishpollingcouncil.org/questions.html#q7

the issue here on Alamy is that one members portfolio isnt going to be a representative sample of the extremely wide range of images in the whole library, so inevitably (as with many other polls) a great degree of sample bias is involved...

km

sales2015ww.jpg

Red = CTR

Yellow = sales volume

Blue is = sales $$

Last month I complained my CTR was on a downhill course; it now all of a sudden veered not just right up, but so far higher than ever. The holidays will rectify that.

I don't know how to do a proper graph, so I faked this one in Photoshop: it's all three graphs from the Dashboard on top of each other and resized until the months corresponded. (With layers set to multiply.)

Because it's on Google I hope it's visible to everyone. Not sure how to set images public or private there.

wim

I've had log-on problems hence the late reply. In October my CTR was 1.18 this month so far it's 0.43 and with the holidays I'm guessing a rise is out of the question. Not good. :(

Be positive... ....with the holidays they'll be less customer searches and so less views, so even if there's less zooms, there may not be a further drop in CTR as there's less views.

Does that make sense ? :unsure:

Remember...patterns are random and unpredictable here (so not a pattern!)

I graphed my views over the last year which seems to show a large drop in views around August September.  I don't know if that is important but it seems to coincide with the changes in the search engine.  I have added around 2200 new images in the past year so I would expect to see an increase in views.  Sales have been up and down and zooms died for a while but seem to be coming back.

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=E98BC31EDECE9218&resid=E98BC31EDECE9218%214401&authkey=ANZeEbwlQuXrr-8" width="320" height="192" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Mine has certainly gone down in November and December.  It reached the dizzy heights of 4.47 in June, stayed above 1.6 February to October but then sank below 1 for the last two months.  Still above the Alamy average - but definitely a decline.  Having said that, I may well be more seasonal than most given my portfolio.

Archived