Just passed 1000 Alamy sales - where are you?

188 since 2007 but 86 this year to date, so getting better.

Have discovered what sells to newspapers, but not how to make money

I need to add my name to those who have thanked David for his useful advice over the years.

In seven years I have supposedly 1103 sales - but if you eliminate the refunds it's a mere 1065. Out of interest, I have broken down the figures for average price per image sale per year:

07: $82

08: $100

09: $57

10: $111

11: $48

12: $34

13: $35

14: $45

These figures are skewed somewhat by joining the Novel Use and them stopping it two years ago when it wasn't paying. I also stopped distributor sales two years ago when Alamy cut the take from 40% to 30%. The figures for 2010 are also skewed by my one big advertising sale, netting $11,167. It was of passengers on a London bus, which goes to show you can never predict what will sell.

• 1 year later...

I don't have one single download till now. Strange, cause also with other agencies my portfolios are simlair size, but don't have no downloads elsewhere!?

Can anyone of you who are working with Alamy for longer tell me how to improve?

I don't have one single download till now. Strange, cause also with other agencies my portfolios are simlair size, but don't have no downloads elsewhere!?

Can anyone of you who are working with Alamy for longer tell me how to improve?

Alamy isn't a microstock agency. You will probably need a much larger portfolio before you license any images here. Also, see other forum discussions about uploading similars (similar images), captioning, and keywording. 

Congratulations. I am at zero, like never sold anything here. Twelve years. I am not sure if I've got that much to live, but if I do, what will have happened to the stock industry by then?

You have some very nice images and good captions. It's difficult to understand why you have never made a sale. Perhaps you should consider uploading more of your work to help increase CTR and ranking.

What's with the red arrows?

Congratulations. I am at zero, like never sold anything here. Twelve years. I am not sure if I've got that much to live, but if I do, what will have happened to the stock industry by then?

You have some very nice images and good captions. It's difficult to understand why you have never made a sale. Perhaps you should consider uploading more of your work to help increase CTR and ranking.

I explained the red flags on another thread. I told someone who was bemoaning about failing a QC, that it was not a big deal, and down the conversation, since the y insisted it was a big deal, to grow up,  :wacko:  Basically, I was nasty  :o  in my personal version of trying to be helpful

Thanks, I keep uploading, ten a week. I work (like a real full time job) so it will take time to build a port.

Congratulations. I am at zero, like never sold anything here. Twelve years. I am not sure if I've got that much to live, but if I do, what will hagve happened to the stock industry by then?

I told someone who was bemoaning about failing a QC,  Basically, I was nasty  :o  in my personal version of trying to be helpful

That was me.

In seven years I have supposedly 1103 sales - but if you eliminate the refunds it's a mere 1065. Out of interest, I have broken down the figures for average price per image sale per year:

07: $82

08: $100

09: $57

10: $111

11: $48

12: $34

13: $35

14: $45

These figures are skewed somewhat by joining the Novel Use and them stopping it two years ago when it wasn't paying. I also stopped distributor sales two years ago when Alamy cut the take from 40% to 30%. The figures for 2010 are also skewed by my one big advertising sale, netting $11,167. It was of passengers on a London bus, which goes to show you can never predict what will sell.

I know my reaction is little late.... But mate... 11k net ??? One photo? Whats the secret... Lets marry and tell me everything.

Archived