Just passed 1000 Alamy sales - where are you?

Not sure when I passed the 1000 mark as we didn't have a "handy dashboard" back then but presently at 1875 licences since 2003.  Very slow start with only one sale on 15 images in first year but that was enough to kick start my uploading and more sales followed.

Pearl

Not sure when I passed the 1000 mark as we didn't have a "handy dashboard" back then but presently at 1875 licences since 2003.  Very slow start with only one sale on 15 images in first year but that was enough to kick start my uploading and more sales followed.

Pearl

Agree - now 1745 in exactly 10 years

Kumar

Wow, great!

I am new here and another batch of 24 images has been accepted, so by tomorrow I should have 33 + 8 from Stockimo in my portfolio!

I hope I can accomplisg more than 100 images online till somewhen next year and if I have let's say 10 downloads per month within one year this would be quite a success for me I think?!

Can someone of you more experienced contributors maybe tell me what I can expect if I'm doing this just in my freetime so let's say a handful of hours/week?!

What is the average money you get per download if I might ask?!

Wow, great!

I am new here and another batch of 24 images has been accepted, so by tomorrow I should have 33 + 8 from Stockimo in my portfolio!

I hope I can accomplisg more than 100 images online till somewhen next year and if I have let's say 10 downloads per month within one year this would be quite a success for me I think?!

Can someone of you more experienced contributors maybe tell me what I can expect if I'm doing this just in my freetime so let's say a handful of hours/week?!

Euh ..... hmmm ........ well .................................. oh, I better won't tell  :unsure:

Cheers,

Philippe

because you have so many or so few downloads?! :)

If you are comparing with microstock, don't. You will have far fewer sales here. With 100 images you can expect about one sale a year.

ok, thank you, so at least to have a figure to compare a little.

Also with other stock agencies where I have just slightly over 100 Images in my portfolio I don't have many downloads, a handful if anything.

I have now a few Images also here online from a heli tour, an aerial landscape image from NYC, which I hope might also sell here, this has sold elswehere nearly 1000 times.

Are there any preferences, for which Alamy customers are searching for specific topics or are there some images from your portfolio which you thought would never sell but actually does?!

Well, it's taken me 12 years, but yesterday we clicked past the 1000 mark in total sales (now standing at 1002). Currently seeing most licences at a respectable not trivial rate (no more $9 etc) and also some worthwhile 'repeats' even though the original licences seemed to be for ever without restrictions!

David

so you are here since 12 years having more than 20k images now, which makes ~1666 images per year

1000 downloads in 12 years makes 83 downloads/year

From that I can derive 0.8 downloads/year with 200.

OK, so I think I have to lower my expectations a little bit :)

Well, it's taken me 12 years, but yesterday we clicked past the 1000 mark in total sales (now standing at 1002). Currently seeing most licences at a respectable not trivial rate (no more $9 etc) and also some worthwhile 'repeats' even though the original licences seemed to be for ever without restrictions!

David

so you are here since 12 years having more than 20k images now, which makes ~1666 images per year

1000 downloads in 12 years makes 83 downloads/year

From that I can derive 0.8 downloads/year with 200.

OK, so I think I have to lower my expectations a little bit :)

Adding more descriptive details (including location info) to your captions might help. Alamy is different from microstock. You need to spend a lot of time on captions and keywords, but there's no telling what might sell. Good luck.

Archived