How did you do without the Forum?

I am so glad to be back. I was resorting to reading the news first thing in the morning instead of the Forum. Not good for my disposition. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Paulette

• Love 3
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Missed the forum tremendously.  It was like losing a good buddy.  Very pleased to see it back on line.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

It took a few days to stop checking it constantly but after that life went on. It would have been nice to get an e-mail from Alamy when it became apparent the forum was going to be down for a while though. I'm sure it would have prevented many an e-mail dropping in at contributor relations wondering where the problem lay. Nice to be back though.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I spent the time dreaming up Alamy Conspiracy Theories

Yes, the last couple of days I had decided they were about to make some change we would hate and they didn't want to hear our reactions. Glad it was just nervous paranoia.

Paulette

• Love 2
  • Like 4

Posted on a different photo sharing site for photos that wouldn't be accepted here, meanwhile adding to my Alamy portfolio of a village I visited, which felt lacking on Alamy so I contributed a few more. I also have been looking at other locations to visit and photograph.

• Like 1

I chewed nails. That was after my knuckles were gone. Really bad for my teeth, but no fear, I have a dental appointment July late. Out of luck on the knuckles.

• Like 1

I too thought all these bad thoughts about what Alamy might be up too.  And I always thought I was an optimist.  I checked the Facebook group for Stock Photographers, for info but not much news there, just more conspiracy theories.  So great to see (the avatars at least) and read the words from old forum friends!!

• Like 2

It was helpful for me that my son flew in on Weds morning. He left Sunday morning. So I fretted for three or four days mostly, although I did check in every day. Actually shocked me to see it open a while ago because I did already check once & it was a no go.

I actually had time to strip & wash sheets for two beds this morning & remake them!

• Like 3

After a while, I'd check to see if zero contributors were logged in.  Busy doing research for another writing project, and waiting to hear from a former agent with whom I still have a contract, I think, but she can refuse to represent projects.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Same here.  The forum going off at the same time some people are migrated to the silver contract. Stoked the imagination somewhat. 🙃

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Same here.  The forum going off at the same time some people are migrated to the silver contract. Stoked the imagination somewhat. 🙃

Oh, I didn't think of that one, that makes seven then.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 1

On 09/07/2024 at 17:21, Harry Harrison said:

I figured it might be election purdah. I'm waiting to see If it goes down again in early November ....😎

• Like 2