Images licensed April 2024

12 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

A nice mid-$$$ fee for an easily duplicated image I won’t post. Only two licenses this month, but both for $$$ each.

Thank you, Alamy!

Congrats Betty!! I would take those numbers any day!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

A nice mid-$$$ fee for an easily duplicated image I won’t post. Only two licenses this month, but both for $$$ each.

Thank you, Alamy!

Why the announcement, then? I don't get this kind of stuff, really.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Why the announcement, then? I don't get this kind of stuff, really.

Sorry you don’t get it. Most do. So I’ll announce for those who take hope that good prices for their images can still be had.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thank you, Alamy!

Congratulations, Betty.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Sorry you don’t get it. Most do. So I’ll announce for those who take hope that good prices for their images can still be had.

Yeah, most...I'm sorry, too.

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

51 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thank you, Alamy!

Congratulations I get it and agree with you 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thank you, Alamy!

I thought the point was people are kind enough to post what images have sold so that other contributors get an idea of the sort of thing that licenses.

Advice is often given to newbies to check this thread to help them better understand what sells and what maybe required of them.

However I understand the reluctance on easily duplicated images (its still a competitive market after all) and it is nice to know that there are some fatter fees still around.

Maybe its better to save the imageless posts for the 'How was your month' thread.

Anyway congrats.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Martin L said:

I thought the point was people are kind enough to post what images have sold so that other contributors get an idea of the sort of thing that licenses.

Advice is often given to newbies to check this thread to help them better understand what sells and what maybe required of them.

However I understand the reluctance on easily duplicated images (its still a competitive market after all) and it is nice to know that there are some fatter fees still around.

Maybe its better to save the imageless posts for the 'How was your month' thread.

Anyway congrats.

There's also the Positive Results thread, which doesn't get used very much!

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 05:59, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/DRPFEB/rotorua-whakarewarewa-thermal-village-sign-with-the-long-original-DRPFEB.jpg

Worldwide editorial - mid $$

wim

I had the privilege of living in “Whaka Village” for years.  As the only non-Maori the villagers really took me under their wing.  It was a photographers playground from the cultural to the landscape.  I don’t recall selling photos from there but then it was back in 2004-2007ish.  I will have to check my portfolio to see if I have uploaded any from that experience

5 hours ago, MarkK said:

I had the privilege of living in “Whaka Village” for years.  As the only non-Maori the villagers really took me under their wing.  It was a photographers playground from the cultural to the landscape.  I don’t recall selling photos from there but then it was back in 2004-2007ish.  I will have to check my portfolio to see if I have uploaded any from that experience

That must have been quite an interesting time!

When I click on your Images: 4531 I can then search your collection:

Whaka - 53 images

Whakarewarewa - 15 images.

When I do that with my own smaller collection, I get 4 for Whakarewarewa, but none for Whaka. Oops. It is in the description, but not in the keywords. Then again: no searches either for the rolling year. Some for Whakarewarewa.

Nice place and yes I have some of the images you have as well, but not on Alamy. We were only visiting of course. And eating a Hangi meal.

DRPFC0

The Koruru head on top of the Wharenui just found it's way into a German magazine for mid $$ (distro).

wim

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foreign Export said:

Protest in Sydney against coal mining in New South Wales, a $$ sale

There was a protest in Sydney when I was there in October last year but didn't get any shots of that unfortunately 

Garig Gunak Barlu National Park, Cobourg Peninsula, Arnhem Land, Australia - mid $$ to the US

2CCP20P.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 3

On 09/04/2024 at 16:37, Martin L said:

Anyway congrats.

I'm with you , if I want to keep something to myself, I just do, no teasers. That said I had my first $$$ for quite a while last month and I put it up quite happily because it's a favourite image. I'd be delighted if more contributors went there because they would love it and their horizons would be broadened. I might get a bit more competition, but I've been licensing this group of images for some time, they already have competition (mine are only 2% of the total), and they are decent enough to license regularly. Life's too short to begrudge a few dollars.

The only group of images I still withhold have been ones that can be got in London for the price of a tube fare and, over a decade on, still have no competition.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Alexander Hogg said:

There was a protest in Sydney when I was there in October last year but didn't get any shots of that unfortunately 

They occur pretty regularly , a group called the Knitting Nanas certainly used to be pretty active, my images are a few years old now but do sell from time to time 

• Like 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EFG036/gettysburg-cyclorama-at-the-national-military-park-museum-and-visitor-EFG036.jpg

North America Editorial Magazine print up to 250,000 digital and electronic. $$$ (only just). Gettysburg Cyclorama.

Google had already found it here   last week.

wim

• Like 5

Bideford, Devon. Low $$.

Usage: Consumer goods, Wall decor for single print in one location, any size.
Media: Internal poster/décor (1 use only)
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 April 2024
Duration: Unlimited

bideford-devon-overlooking-the-rivertorr

• Love 3

I have no idea what the implications of this are... but I'm happy with how many sales I am getting recently. 

Usage: Enhanced License for up to 5 users. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, merchandise resale, and unlimited print runs. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage. , Enhanced License for up to 5 users. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, merchandise resale, and unlimited print runs. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage.
Start: 10 April 2024
Duration: In perpetuity

cute-little-polar-bear-cub-ursus-maritim

Polar Bear Cub in Svalbard

Paulette

• Love 4
  • Like 3