Images licensed April 2024

6 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000, Low $$

small-skipper-butterfly-thymelicus-sylve

Standard license for 1 user, low $$. Old Amersham High Street

old-amersham-high-street-and-market-hall

It was butterflies that got me into photography, and still a big passion of mine.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nick Hatton said:

It was butterflies that got me into photography, and still a big passion of mine.

Same for me. #1 birds, #2 butterflies. Neither hot sellers so I expanded. After all was said & done, a home-baked pie licensed for the most $$$ for advertising.

• Love 2

36 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Same for me. #1 birds, #2 butterflies. Neither hot sellers so I expanded. After all was said & done, a home-baked pie licensed for the most $$$ for advertising.

I have managed a front cover for the BBC wildlife magazine with a butterfly off here, which was pleasing.

• Love 2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

There's a lot of 'stunning' images out there...

728,866 images currently on Alamy. At least with that keyword. But the first pages indeed have some good images. Not all: Stunning brunette lady touched by her jealous husband - I guess it may be the exact right description for that market.

And there are even searches: 75 for the current rolling year.

Some fine examples:

stunning images of the world aroundus
stunningly nude native tribal women
2AT4N8H HRH wearing a stunning black dress commissioned from

All without any result btw. Even when aroundus is corrected.

Two for the stunning black dress without the Alamy ref #. (It's the Revenge Dress.)

stunning tulips in vase.

Result at last! 19 images of not very impressive tulips 12 of which without a vase. Plus 3 videos! Also not very stunning either.

Should we all start using stunning fabulous great fantastic amazing?

Maybe yes. Especially when AI is going to drive searches also. Which of course it will. https://tweakers.net/g/s/bonk.gif

wim

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nick Hatton said:

I have managed a front cover for the BBC wildlife magazine with a butterfly off here, which was pleasing.

That's a great result, Nick. I enjoy photographing most wildlife, but butterflies and reptiles are my favourites. Butterflies and bees both seem to sell reasonably well (reptiles less so), but bees are much harder to identify than butterflies.

• Love 2

Usage: Standard, Standard License for 1 user only. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, and print runs up to 100,000. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage.
Start: 19 April 2024
Duration: In perpetuity

Low $$

Neptune grass (Posidonia oceanica) leaves emerging from the sea surface in Formentera (Balearic Islands, Spain)

F32NTC.jpg

• Like 1

Just a reminder that the sun does shine occasionally, although not much in these parts of late. Taken during a heatwave in Venice.  Low $$.

people-cooling-off-during-heatwave-at-dr

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

On 23/04/2024 at 06:59, Mark Scheuern said:

She sold again. Clearly I should take more goat pictures. High $$, TV, worldwide, within body of show. 

female-lamancha-goat-standing-on-a-hills

I’m sure the whole Alamy forum is hanging on for the answer to this question. Where are her ears? Did you cut them off? 😉

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’m sure the whole Alamy forum is hanging on for the answer to this question. Where are her ears? Did you cut them off? 😉

That's a very good question. A friend's goat. I'll have to ask her! My friend, not the goat. 

36 minutes ago, Rebecca Ore said:

Excellent, Rebecca. Mark…there’s some keywords for you but I would check with your friend first to ascertain if that is the goat breed. If so, I would think that would make your goat even more saleable.

8 hours ago, Mark Scheuern said:

That's a very good question. A friend's goat. I'll have to ask her! My friend, not the goat. 

Shot September 2023. RM, direct, zoomed, repeat seller, lower $$

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use in customers printed publications inclusive of associated social media and digital platforms

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Start: 18 April 2024

waddesdon-uk-6th-september-2023-raac-use

Shot March 2023, RM, direct, zoomed, second license sale, a welcome mid $$

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a single magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide (excludes advertising).

Start: 23 April 2024

the-home-office-announced-on-the-29th-ma

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1
  • Like 1