Images licensed April 2024

Painting a horse for an Indian relay race in Strathmore, Alberta. 

2 different photos of the same subject.

Editorial ; Media: Television (editorial) ; Print run: up to 1 transmission ; Placement: Use within body of show ; Start: 04-April-2024 ; End: 04-April-2025

painting-horses-in-preparation-for-the-blackfoot-first-nations-indian-relay-horse-race-held-in-strathmore-alberta-canada-W1A6B7.jpg

• Love 3

20 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Reported today for mid $$. An old Olympus OM10 I took out for trip back in time. The first decent camera I ever owned back in the 80’s. It was replaced with a Canon T90, I took out a bank loan to buy that!

a-single-lens-reflex-camera-with-its-bac

I won a T90 in a photo competition back in 84, swapped it for a Contax 137ma😃

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, Nick Hatton said:

I used to use two T90's and FDn lenses 17mm F4, 24mm 2.8, 28mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and 70-210 zoom. Still have the lenses but only one T90.  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Nick Hatton said:

Crickey that was a good prize. I think they cost over £500 back then. I really liked mine but eventually sold it to buy a cheaper autofocus SLR. 

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, sb photos said:

I used to use two T90's and FDn lenses 17mm F4, 24mm 2.8, 28mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and 70-210 zoom. Still have the lenses but only one T90.  

You’ve done well if it’s still working. I’ve read that most of them eventually succumbed to shutter problem that returned a fault code. Mine had intermittently started doing that which affected the trade in price I got for it.

Edited by Steve Hyde

I've still got a few Canon F1s with FD lenses tucked away. Much older! they all still work, never put a foot wrong any of them. One power winder packed up, that's all. Wonderful workhorse cameras

• Love 1

23 hours ago, VbFolly said:

That's interesting. I was wondering why they couldn't restore this totem pole. You have confirmed my suspicions that it could be done with enough effort and appropriate skills. It's such a shame to just let it deteriorate, as it was a much-visited landmark.

It probably has to do with the fact that the First Nations carvers needed to do the job are here, not in the UK.  Restoring a pole that size is going to be a lengthy project. I took this pic back in 2007. The pole was already starting to look a bit rough. I lucked out with the eagle...

bald-eagle-perched-on-top-of-the-centenn

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 2

First licence in a few weeks. Direct, lower $$. First sale of this image. One of our "pretty" aussie cockroaches.
Usage: Editorial, Editorial use in books (print and/or ebooks and/or audio).
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Start: 04 April 2024
Duration: Unlimited

austral-ellipsidion-cockroach-or-bush-co

• Love 5
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, cbimages said:

First licence in a few weeks. Direct, lower $$. First sale of this image. One of our "pretty" aussie cockroaches.
Usage: Editorial, Editorial use in books (print and/or ebooks and/or audio).
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Start: 04 April 2024
Duration: Unlimited

austral-ellipsidion-cockroach-or-bush-co

I love those cockroaches. They are so photogenic. Well done!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

I love those cockroaches. They are so photogenic. Well done!

Thanks Gen, I normally hate cockies, but our aussie ones are a whole different ballgame. These smaller ones are so damn fast though.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cbimages said:

Thanks Gen, I normally hate cockies, but our aussie ones are a whole different ballgame. These smaller ones are so damn fast though.

I like those with a transparent shield at the front. You prompted me to have a look at a macro folder which has been on my 'to do' list for ages. I might give it a go. 

I left it for so long because I needed to ID some of the subjects. Now with Google Lens, bingo! 3 butterfly species in 5 minutes.

Protestors rally at Sizewell Beach. Campaigning against the EDF construction of Sizewell C nuclear power station, shot May 2022. RM, upper $.

Usage: Standard License for 1 user only. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, and print runs up to 100,000. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage. , Standard License for 1 user only. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, and print runs up to 100,000. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage.
Start: 05 April 2024
Duration: In perpetuity

leiston-suffolk-uk-15th-may-2022-protest

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Germany book use for low to mid $$.  Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts 

TWBCHA.jpg

It recently made a list of the most disappointing historic landmarks.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

It probably has to do with the fact that the First Nations carvers needed to do the job are here, not in the UK.  Restoring a pole that size is going to be a lengthy project. I took this pic back in 2007. The pole was already starting to look a bit rough. I lucked out with the eagle...

bald-eagle-perched-on-top-of-the-centenn

Great pic, John. Yes, I guess you're right about needing the First Nations carvers.

Some more licenses to Germany. As far as I can see all 3 are distro.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/FB670M/brussels-cook-book-book-store-book-shop-combined-with-restaurant-one-FB670M.jpg

This for low $$$. Germany calendar inside. Another with the exact same details was only mid $$.  The third was for a magazine. All distro.

wim

• Love 2
  • Like 2