Jump to content

Chris Burrows

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

21 Forum reputation = neutral

About Chris Burrows

  • Rank
    Forum newbie


  • Alamy URL
  • Images
  • Joined Alamy
    11 Jan 2004
  1. Regarding your plant images you do need to improve the captions and keywords. Not just to add more detail - scientific name, cultivar name etc but also to remove the "poetic" bits. Also some are named wrongly. eg. White Peace Lily Perfection - Image ID: R2R1X3 This is a Zantedeschia common name Arum lily Amaryllis Love - Image ID: TAR72N This is actually a Hippeastrum but would also include Amaryllis as a common name. PUre white bulb flower open close up stamen - Image ID: R20MG7 Probably Hymenocallis × festalis BOLD COLOR FUSCHIA BLOOMING WITH GREENERY HANGING - Image ID: C52DPW Wrong spelling for Fuchsia Impatiens, flowers bright colors, pink, purple, etc - Image ID: B89JF4 No idea what you have done to the colours but does not look like Impatiens to me. wild purple flower fresh in spring time with greenery - Image ID: B636Y8 Looks like a Tradescantia to me Pure white lily flowers in full bloom spring time - Image ID: K9DXPR Has keywords blooming tree flower,lace leaf tree,pink white bloom,southern tree,thistle
  2. According to your wife you spend ages looking at the pictures in magazines in shops and keep tilting your head to read the picture credits printed sideways in the margins.
  3. AAAXCE Narcissus Slim Whitman Country: ThailandUsage: Editorial, One time use in a Museum Display, any size, Thailand only, for 15 yearsMedia: Museum display (single use)Industry sector: General business servicesImage Size: Any size Can't help but wonder why a museum in Thailand would want a picture of a daffodil. Was going to include the picture as many do here but could not work out how to do it.
  4. Have asked Alamy how they view POD sites. They have replied that they are still finalising details and will let me know.
  5. If it is the "Alamy distribution commission" of 70% shown in "The Contributor contract" this is the amount that gets deducted before you are paid; your share is the remaining 30%. Chris
  6. Should there be a picture to go with this or am I missing something? Chris
  7. Regarding RF images (and also RM images sold as RF in all but name) do Alamy have better details of usage than the photographer? They may well have details of first usage but what about any subsequent use? I spotted one of mine yesterday that was appearing for the fourth time, is Alamy checking for this or being notified? To be fair I probably have an easier job spotting my uses as at least 90% of UK magazine publications appear in one of only about half a dozen magazines.
  8. I have not seen anything regarding Alamy claiming on the Dutch scheme, though that might be because I have not authorised Alamy to make any claims on my behalf. DACS have advised that "....we will be entering a German PLR scheme next year,"
  9. Congratulations Nice set of pictures but noticed HXXYD6 I think you'll find that is Wolf's Bane (Aconitum) rather than Foxglove (Digitalis) Chris
  10. I believe that you are probably thinking of the French and African marigold here, both of which are Tagetes the English marigold is a Calendula which has leaves somewhat similar to Zinnia. I do though agree that this is a Zinnia. Petals of Calendula tend to have small double notch at the end while Zinnia are rounded. The leaves of Zinnia are in pairs one each side of the stem and they hug closely to the stem while Calendula leaves are usually thinner where they join the stalk and not usually in pairs. Not sure however if it is 'Magellan Orange' as there are other double orange Zinnias that look similar, and some mixed colour varieties that include orange.
  11. On Financial Times web site https://www.ft.com/content/06422cb2-a437-11e7-b797-b61809486fe2?desktop=true&conceptId=20f53e5b-3de9-34e4-9202-d019473b9b36&segmentId=7c8f09b9-9b61-4fbb-9430-9208a9e233c8#myft:notification:daily-email:content:headline:html Small copper butterfly - Lycaena phlaeas feeding on Aster pyrenaeus 'Lutetia' EJ48RX Rex May Credited Rex Ma/Alamy
  12. You are not really comparing like with like. As Mr Clemson says but also most of the sales for searches over the last 30 days will not yet be recorded as sales, in many cases the customer may not yet have even decided to buy. Pick a few random dates about a week apart and go back from today and you will see the general trend is for sales to increase as you go back. Regarding the price per sale talked of in monthly 'how did you do...' thread mentioned by Mr Clemson probably best I say nothing. Chris Burrows
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.