Images sold in August 2023

You lot are getting funnier than ever. I can't top that. But I have had a Christmas present from my dad, wherever he is. He died on 18th October, 1953. This photo of the beginning of one of his love letters to my mother, during WW2, nets me $2.096 or nearly £1.64. Is there someone psychic amongst us who can message him and say ta from me but that the going rate for an Xmas present in 2023 is more like £300. It's a pity we can't send a telegram to people in the past, but we need AI to invent that. 

W5E435.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Near mid $$ 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 2,500 ;  Insert: 1 ;  Placement: Front cover ;  Start: 17-August-2023 ; Duration: Unlimited ; Additional Details: Print and online, cover placement, any size, World English Language, print run  up to 2,500 copies. Life of edition.

katie-ashby-of-the-d-day-darlings-performing-at-the-children-in-need-little-gransden-air-and-car-show-saluting-salute-space-for-copy-WBMKAW.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2023 at 23:19, Michael Ventura said:

I don't think I follow what you are saying.

Here, the Manchester United Football Ground is often referred to as 'Old Trafford' so the variations on 'Trafford' in tram stations' names can confuse visitors to the city. Sorry that I wasn't more clear. 

I noticed (with a little help from Google books) that a French travel book of Finland had used three of my images. Two were reported in July, both lower $$ with 40 % for me. The third one was invoiced yesterday for a slightly higher sum, but this time only 24 % for me. 

I won't share the image, not because it's easily duplicated, but because it's such a lousy picture. I don't know what I was thinking when I uploaded it. And now it's in a book with my name...

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa
  • Like 3

Siam Paragon Shopping Centre, Bangkok, Thailand, Asia, has installed rainbow steps, with a 'love' theme, to celebrate LGBT Pride month.

At last, a $$$ gross sale. LGBT Pride week coming up soon where I live in Manchester, UK, so a sun drenched image from Bangkok is perfect. When I saw this rainbow layout I knew it could sell. Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial Media: Book, print and/or e-book Print run: Unlimited Placement: Inside Image Size: 1 page Start: 17 August 2023 End: 17 August 2033.

The Siam Paragon Mall always has something interesting going on but sometimes one has to scour the top floor to find it - with a Nikon D750 or whatever, not with a brillo pad. 

2JF6CP0.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Low $, not even enough for the bus fare.

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use only in publications printed by Cardiff City FC and published on associated digital and social media platforms.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 10 August 2023
Duration: Unlimited

cardiff-wales-may-2022-cardiff-city-centre-mercedes-citaro-bus-operated-by-cardiff-bus-bws-caerdydd-2JHW2K4.jpg
Edited by Ambrosiniv
  • Like 1

Another one too low for a coffee:

2DD2EXK.jpg

Worldwide Editorial Website app and social media Unlimited

Not Finland nor China, but UK: editorial use digital and social media platforms associated to Global Radio titles

So if you happen to see it on a giant billboard somewhere, please let me know.

- I had to look up Global.

(Global Media & Entertainment) this led me down the rabbit hole to the owner (and his father) and his flat.

The entrance and the pool are here on Alamy.

wim

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Also a Global Media use. $

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use digital and social media platforms associated to Global Radio titles
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 20 August 2023
Duration: Unlimited

fire-engines-and-appliances-attend-an-in

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Brigflatts Friends Meeting House, Sedbergh, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Brigflatts Friends Meeting House, Sedbergh, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 20 August 2023
Duration: In perpetuity
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

The Westgate Museum in Winchester - Medieval gates front this ancient Tudor & Stuart building with exhibits in a former debtor's prison. England, UK

An image from 2018, nice to make an older sale. Magazine in perpetuity, mid $$

the-westgate-museum-in-winchester-mediev

• Love 1
  • Like 2