Images sold in February 2023

a couple of mid $$ this morning that were very welcome as it has been a slow month for me

MNDC5G

Hamble River

M8GETX

Hengistbury head

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 March 2023
End: 01 March 2028
Editorial Book – 5 years, WW English Language, Print run 10,000, inside only

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Two presentations - $

I'm so pleased to have licensed historic Bullita Homestead. This is the place I described a while back in a very emotional monologue somewhere else on this forum. Must have been the good news thread.

2JNDG86.jpg

PMP1GM.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VbFolly said:

Great photo, Bryan. I had to look up Sustrans!

Good photo and sale.

Pity they did not put cloths down to catch the drips.

Allan

A decent $$$ direct licence. Best fee for quite a long time.
Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Postcards
Print run: up to 50,000
Start: 24 February 2023
End: 24 February 2026
Postcards – Stamps – Envelopes, 5 years, print run 45,000

redtooth-triggerfish-odonus-nigerthis-fi

• Love 4
  • Like 4

High $. Goldflame honeysuckle trained to grow around a tree stump in my former back garden.

DA7R4M.jpg

Pink flowering dogwood tree in Tennessee. High $, same details as above. Sold at same time, assume both went to the same buyer.

T6XP1G.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

Two today

Mid/Low $$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ;  Start: 25-February-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
   Additional Details: Infringement. Website use.

water-mirror-le-miroir-deau-the-worlds-l

$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ;  Start: 25-February-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
   Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity;
Infringement. Website use.

the-weather-girl-with-her-bicycle-gilded

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Believed to be one of 3 images used from same shoot outside Royal Courts of Justice, London, from December 2022 . One more still still to be reported. RM and almost making $$.

Country: United Kingdom, Usage: Editorial, Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic, Print run: up to 500,000, Placement: Inside, Image Size: 1 page, Start: 01 January 2023, Duration: In perpetuity Any placement: Inside or cover.

london-uk-12th-december-2022-outside-roy

26 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

my Mom was a great cook, but she always bought a version of that to make a pumpkin pie. Strange! we always bought a pumpkin for halloween but never used any of the bits we carved out to make a pie filling,

One reason may be that pumpkin pie filling is not really made from the classic pumpkins that we buy for decoration.  I had heard this so I looked it up. Here is what I found:

"Pumpkin pie filling is a mixture of cooked, mashed winter squash that is blended with sweetener and spices."  

I think since they come from the gourd family, they can get away with calling it "pumpkin".

Regardless, it is tasty...I do like it.

4 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

my Mom was a great cook, but she always bought a version of that to make a pumpkin pie. Strange! we always bought a pumpkin for halloween but never used any of the bits we carved out to make a pie filling,

The Halloween pumpkin is the wrong kind to make pie from. The pulp is too stringy. I tried it many moons ago, threw it out & later found out there is a specially-grown small pumpkin suitable for pies. I just buy the canned Libby’s and get on with it.

3 hours ago, sooth said:

reminds me of red delicious apples; at ~58million bushels in 2017 (half of it is exported), its the best selling apple in america, yet the worse tasting. while red and shiny, they are not delicious and not grown for flavor (actually they have no flavor and texture). red delicious are bred and grown simply because they do not bruise and spoil when transported, and keeps for a very long time on a store shelf; a tidbit of the american food system. tom brown, that's a name you should good if you want to know more about heirloom heritage apples.

I agree. I ate them as a child, occasionally. If they were fresh, I thought them juicy, crunchy, sweet & good. But often they were dry (mealy) juiceless & bland. And the skins tasted awful, fresh or old.

Edited by Betty LaRue

19 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

The Halloween pumpkin is the wrong kind to make pie from. The pulp is too stringy. I tried it many moons ago, threw it out & later found out there is a specially-grown small pumpkin suitable for pies. I just buy the canned Libby’s and get on with it.

We are recent converts to squash as food having eaten some butternut squash soup a few years ago. I have tried and failed to grow butternut squash, but the tasty variety Uchiki Kuri, a Japanese winter squash, grows well in our relatively cool climate. You need to keep the fruits off damp soil or they will rot, so growing up a sturdy trellis is a good solution and has the additional benefit that it constrains the plants to a small area, useful as they grow !Ike triffids !

24 minutes ago, Bryan said:

We are recent converts to squash as food having eaten some butternut squash soup a few years ago. I have tried and failed to grow butternut squash, but the tasty variety Uchiki Kuri, a Japanese winter squash, grows well in our relatively cool climate. You need to keep the fruits off damp soil or they will rot, so growing up a sturdy trellis is a good solution and has the additional benefit that it constrains the plants to a small area, useful as they grow !Ike triffids !

Getting ready to bake these for a large family Thanksgiving dinner.

B61PBT.jpg

And the crust (pastry) is as tender & flaky as it looks. 😋

B61RNK.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2

Yep Betty, that looks like the real thing. Strong taste and smell of cinnamon as I recall. I liked it but we didn't cry out for another. Dad grew so many strawberries and raspberries that we consumed frequent and vast quantities fresh and preserved. The area north a few miles from Kingston yielded a lot of wild blueberries which made great pies and pancakes. The ones we eat to-day in England are cultivated, huge and only a shadow of their wild cousins in terms of taste. I miss the childhood wild ones but don't miss the merciless deer flies which went with the picking

Edited by Robert M Estall