4 hours ago, Stokie said:

Not too bad a month.

24 sales for $393.

Highest: $52.71 (x2), lowest: £1.29.

John.

Just been looking at a few of your recent shots, would you mind telling me where you found the Pearl bordered Fritillary in Derbyshire? butterflies are a passion of mine, we lost the Small Pearl bordered fritillary from  Cheshire a few years ago, it used to be near Holms Chapple.

Jan 2023: 19,327 views, 169 zooms, CTR 0.87, 54 sales, $954 gross, $380 net, rescued by the one $$$ sale,  on the final day of $215. - 29,700 images 

(Jan 2022: 27,500 views, 185 zooms, CTR 0.67, 72 sales, $1316 gross, $600 net. - 28,400 images)

The $215 sale was for Worldwide Editorial website, "General Business services"

Kumar.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick Hatton said:

Just been looking at a few of your recent shots, would you mind telling me where you found the Pearl bordered Fritillary in Derbyshire? butterflies are a passion of mine, we lost the Small Pearl bordered fritillary from  Cheshire a few years ago, it used to be near Holms Chapple.

I took those images in Coombs Dale, Derbyshire.

Wikipedia says:  Coombs Dale is a steep-sided, dry carboniferous limestone valley in the Derbyshire Peak District of England. The village of Calver lies about 1 km to the east and the village of Stoney Middleton lies less than 1 km to the north. The dale is cut into the hills on the east side of Longstone Moor.

I hope I've correctly identified it. As you know, correctly identifying fritillaries is notoriously difficult!

John. 

• Love 1

10 sales $450 gross, $180 net. A strong month for me, helped by an invoice for $250 gross ($100 net) for an infringement in USA. Interestingly it wasn’t for one I told Alamy about, it’s one they found themselves. I won’t celebrate yet though as it’s only an invoiced sale, I’ll wait to see if it clears first.

Alamy also invoiced a customer for an "unauthorised use" that I told them about, but they have simply granted a retrospective licence at the customer's usual heavily discounted rate. Why!! If there's no financial penalty for a customer failing to report a usage it hardly encourages them to be more careful in future. 

Mark

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

10 sales $450 gross, $180 net. A strong month for me, helped by an invoice for $250 gross ($100 net) for an infringement in USA. Interestingly it wasn’t for one I told Alamy about, it’s one they found themselves. I won’t celebrate yet though as it’s only an invoiced sale, I’ll wait to see if it clears first.

Alamy also invoiced a customer for an "unauthorised use" that I told them about, but they have simply granted a retrospective licence at the customer's usual heavily discounted rate. Why!! If there's no financial penalty for a customer failing to report a usage it hardly encourages them to be more careful in future. 

Mark

I might have been the one to bring it to their attention - was it a book? An image that could relate to gardening? I found one with several Alamy pix I brought to their attention and got the same result. Was bummed to see it was only invoiced. Fingers crossed for both of us that it clears soon. I don't see your name in the list of credits, but it could be a pseudonym if you have one, there are a few there. Mine was under my nearly empty pseudonym wordplanet, don't know why I did that, it is exclusive to Alamy. I'll post in the Have you found Any... link later this week. There are several to find. Anyway, congrats on a nice $$$

6 for $294, with a range from barely more than tuppence at the beginning of the month to a $250 infringement that raised my average sale to $49. Zooms and Views still down, but 6 licenses in a month is above average for me, so something's working. 

I also had a broad range of subjects licensed: Background textures, concepts, plants and insects, weather ... not just my usual travel scenics, so that's encouraging. 

2 hours ago, Marianne said:

I might have been the one to bring it to their attention - was it a book? An image that could relate to gardening? I found one with several Alamy pix I brought to their attention and got the same result. Was bummed to see it was only invoiced. Fingers crossed for both of us that it clears soon. I don't see your name in the list of credits, but it could be a pseudonym if you have one, there are a few there. Mine was under my nearly empty pseudonym wordplanet, don't know why I did that, it is exclusive to Alamy. I'll post in the Have you found Any... link later this week. There are several to find. Anyway, congrats on a nice $$$

It was USA, and the image is plant related, but not a book. The details of the retrospective licence granted are;

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 30-January-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;

If it was you that reported it, THANKS!

Mark

13 hours ago, Stokie said:

I took those images in Coombs Dale, Derbyshire.

Wikipedia says:  Coombs Dale is a steep-sided, dry carboniferous limestone valley in the Derbyshire Peak District of England. The village of Calver lies about 1 km to the east and the village of Stoney Middleton lies less than 1 km to the north. The dale is cut into the hills on the east side of Longstone Moor.

I hope I've correctly identified it. As you know, correctly identifying fritillaries is notoriously difficult!

John. 

Thanks John, we have 59 butterflies to identify, I go to Spain annually to see Butterflies and they have 250! almost given up ID on some