Jump to content

Recommended Posts

$$$  All rights all media worldwide in perpetuity, including in context promotions

 

Revere Beach is a public beach in Revere, Massachusetts, USA, located about 4 miles north of downtown Boston. 

- Image ID: M528J6

 

Revere Beach is a public beach in Revere, Massachusetts, USA, located about 4 miles north of downtown Boston. Stock Photo

Edited by Sandra Foyt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Licensed for far too little, one of my favorite images.  Different images from this take have appeared all over the world .

 

Viktor Petrovich Brukhanov, 1935-2021, Former director of the Soviet Union’s Chernobyl nuclear power station at the window of his apartment in Kiev, 

- Image ID: A267BW
 
Viktor Petrovich Brukhanov, 1935-2021, Former director of the Soviet Union’s Chernobyl nuclear power station at Stock Photo
Edited by Chuck Nacke
URL
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

$. Hoping the casual look of this means someone doesn’t think they are buying it.

 

KYT24D.jpg
 

mid $$

F3P0PR.jpg

inside of Trader Joe’s. $

 

2E55KWJ.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Presentation. This aircraft has since been restored and moved to the barracks at Colchester, and was also displayed in Horse Guards for the RAF's one hundredth anniversary event.

 

douglas-c-47-dakota-kp208-aircraft-plane-outside-parachute-regiment-and-airborne-forces-museum-browning-barracks-aldershot-uk-external-display-2H5ER1B.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Snow on the Cheviots north of Newcastle with St James Park football stadium in the foreground. Taken with a 500mm mirror lens from the heights of Gateshead.  Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media. $6

 

FK5871.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Bryan said:

500mm mirror lens

What brand? I've considered one but the Sonys of this world are too fancy. Might stretch to Tamron.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

man-sleeping-rough-on-a-bench-on-castle-

 

Young man having a beer siesta in Liverpool -- snapped and sold this month. $

 

the-roman-forum-a-landmark-site-with-the

 

And the Eternal City! ($$$) Eight sales this month so far.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

$$$, a rara avis indeed. Marketing package, however, in perpetuity:angry:

 Utilisation pour une seule campagne marketing, internationale (publicité exclue). Ce forfait est conçu pour une campagne marketing promotionnelle d’une entreprise.

Why is a perpetual licence necessary for a single campaign?

Grand Place, Arras

H2KK1H.jpg

 

Copyspace methinks. I never put it in the tags.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

What brand? I've considered one but the Sonys of this world are too fancy. Might stretch to Tamron.

 

 

I had a Tamron 500 mm mirror lens that I ended up selling. It was well made, but the results were disappointing and usually not good enough for Alamy (too soft). Also, I found focusing the lens to be a huge pain. Bryan must be the master of manual focus. Minolta made a very nice AF 500 mirror lens that would fit your Sony DSLR. There seem to be quite a few on ebay. I borrowed one once, and the AF made a huge difference. Sony later rebranded the same lens after they bought Minolta. Don't think I would ever buy a catadioptric lens again myself. They are a cool, though. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

What brand? I've considered one but the Sonys of this world are too fancy. Might stretch to Tamron.

 

 An ancient Tamron, manual focus of course.  The excellent EVF on the a6500 with contrast detect makes manual focus a doddle. 

 

Results are never brilliant, the lens lacks contrast and isn't intrinsically very sharp. The photo shown was a live news shot so not subject to the usual QC process.

 

I also have an old Canon fit Sigma 100-300 f4 and it's a much better lens.  It's marginal whether to crop from that or use the 500. I've got a couple of moon photos taken with them both as a comparison - not good enough for Alamy. I would need to hunt them down to remind myself of the result !

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

 

I had a Tamron 500 mm mirror lens that I ended up selling. It was well made, but the results were disappointing and usually not good enough for Alamy (too soft). Also, I found focusing the lens to be a huge pain. Bryan must be the master of manual focus. Minolta made a very nice AF 500 mirror lens that would fit your Sony DSLR. There seem to be quite a few on ebay. I borrowed one once, and the AF made a huge difference. Sony later rebranded the same lens after they bought Minolta. Don't think I would ever buy a catadioptric lens again myself. They are a cool, though. 

About £150 on ebay from Japan now, that's where my  Tamron 90 came from (well, they all came from there originally, I mean used!) so it's not too bad.

Problem these days is wanting to carry anything other than the kit 18-55. The Tamron tends to stay at home because it's a proper (metal) lens, meaning it weighs more than the A58 and zoom together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

About £150 on ebay from Japan now, that's where my  Tamron 90 came from (well, they all came from there originally, I mean used!) so it's not too bad.

Problem these days is wanting to carry anything other than the kit 18-55. The Tamron tends to stay at home because it's a proper (metal) lens, meaning it weighs more than the A58 and zoom together.

 

Yes, as I recall the Tamron 500 mm was quite a heavy beast, by today's standards anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Bryan said:

 

 An ancient Tamron, manual focus of course.  The excellent EVF on the a6500 with contrast detect makes manual focus a doddle. 

 

Results are never brilliant, the lens lacks contrast and isn't intrinsically very sharp. The photo shown was a live news shot so not subject to the usual QC process.

 

I also have an old Canon fit Sigma 100-300 f4 and it's a much better lens.  It's marginal whether to crop from that or use the 500. I've got a couple of moon photos taken with them both as a comparison - not good enough for Alamy. I would need to hunt them down to remind myself of the result !

 

What drove me crazy was having to turn and turn the focusing ring bank and forth on the Tamron. It seemed to take forever. I remember trying to photograph a flock of flamingos in Mexico with the mirror lens. By the time I got the thing in focus, the flamingos had flown away. 🦩

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

brain fart moment:  "why does he have an Alamy T-shirt?"  🤔😀😀

 

Due to slumping fees, Alamy has had to branch out into the BBQ business. 🙃

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

presentation for standard $$

 

Rosie's Tiny House village under construction in Seattle u district September 2021. these are short-term temporary shelters for the unhoused with ancillary social services provided to help individuals successfully transition into more permanent housing. a few cities are considering a tiny house program, or in the process of building one as part of an arsenal of tools to cope with the homeless and houseless crisis.

 

rosies-tiny-house-village-temporary-homeless-shelters-under-construction-in-the-u-district-seattle-wa-see-additional-info-for-full-caption-2GXMC1F.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by sooth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Presentation $

 

K9RX9C.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media - UK

$1.54

 

RE24YE.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just $$ but distro:(

Country: Germany ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Calendar ;  Print run: up to 1,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-February-2022 ; End: 01-February-2023 ;
D01T6H.jpg
   
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.