Images sold in August 2020

1 hour ago, Robert M Estall said:

The In Perpetuity duration could only affect the chances of Alamy selling this photo as an exclusive rights sale. Basically, that is for an advertising buy-out for a year or two. I don't wish to diss your image but this is a vanishingly small possibility. Don't Lose any sleep over it. The term really came into play about twenty years ago from rights departments of private TV documentaries. There was often added nonsense about "all territories throughout the universe" and "all media now known or yet to be invented".  The virus has spread!

Thanks Robert. I was asking for future reference as you might imagine. I hardly see the image becoming a top seller! Thanks for the information. All understood.

Glendalough Round Tower. A Early Medieval monastic settlement founded in the 6th century by St Kevin, Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 25 August 2020
End: 25 August 2025

Sold twice with the same usage at the same time. The total is mid $$. I do not know if at the end one sale will be refunded, hopefully not.

Detail from the Sagrada Familia, Barcelona. $$

Print run: up to 1 million
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2020
End: 01 July 2025
Includes use in a digital version that is directly related to the original print product including use in e-book version, iPad, iPhone and other mobile applications. Rights include promotional use where the image is shown in the context of the page it was originally used on.

detail-from-the-passion-facade-of-gaudis

My little silver llama again :). low $$ distro

Print run: up to 5,000
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2020
End: 01 July 2025
Brazil, Book, print and/or e-book

silver-alloy-llama-effigy-inca-period-1400-1532-sainsbury-collection-DC87Y8.jpg
Edited by spacecadet

7 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

It's been a slow month, but had a small sale today - magazine use for $ - which took this year's total gross revenue past last year's total. Blue delphiniums.

delphiniums-delphinium-pandora-blue-perennials-flowering-during-june-or-summer-at-sir-harold-hillier-gardens-in-hampshire-uk-TYPG34.jpg

These are beautiful!... love Delphiniums!

One of 5 sales for the 27th.

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print + digital use.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Mid $$

TRH59C.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 2

the maori and colonial museum at okains bay on the coast of new zealand Stock Photo

the maori and colonial museum at okains bay on the coast of new zealand

low $  but it all helps

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 27 August 2020
End: 27 August 2025
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

56 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Another one dropped in - travel editorial for $

Young couple leaning against a tree in Fitzgerald Park, Cork, Ireland having a romantic moment. Stock Photo

Any idea of the buyer? This one is also today, County Cork, travel editorial at a record low price for me.

The west end of Bere Island, Beara Peninsula, County Cork, Ireland, looking out on the Atlantic Ocean Stock Photo

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, MDM said:

Any idea of the buyer? This one is also today, County Cork, travel editorial at a record low price for me.

Both Culture Trip.

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/ireland/articles/the-best-islands-to-visit-near-cork/

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/ireland/articles/the-best-cycling-routes-in-and-around-cork/

I had one of those of NZ the other day but didn't bother to report it🙁

Round the corner from our new granddaughter though:)

Ok, here it is, Ōtaki Forks. Usual terms, usual pittance.

2APJKCD.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Thanks. The price is in tune with the weather. They are predicting new lows for late August Bank Holiday temps. At least they give a credit. 

Until the 27th, I had only 4 sales and was in despair. Then came x4 on 26th, x5 on 27th, x5 on 28th! All smallish values though.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years - $$

FEM1CM.jpg

Country: Australia, New Zealand and Oceania ; Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use.  Repeat use. $$

FWRF84.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1

Its been a bit quite over the last few months what with political live news events being effected by covid 19 but, the last few days somebody must have lite the touch paper and the fireworks,  sorry sales have rocketed. Here are a few.

C784EB.jpg

KT473F.jpg

HPJ5D0.jpg

F3JH94.jpg

W53B87.jpg

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Alan Beastall said:

W53B87.jpg

That's on the OZ Oudezijds Voorburgwal (here on Google maps) (wiki here).  It's also the beginning of the Red Light District. The church at the end is the St Nicholas Basilica, while the tower of the Old Church is just visible on the left.

The modern bicycle he's riding is a slightly older (launched in 2010) VanMoof F5 with integrated lock. This is still a non-electrical bike, the innovation at the time was the integrating of the lock and a USB port (!). They now focus on electric bikes: VanMoof.

This bridge was known the world over as the Pillenbrug, the Pill Bridge in the not to distant past, and was to be avoided for all sorts of reasons even in the daytime.

I only see one cyclist btw. It seems that searches for bicycles in Amsterdam often include the keyword bridge also. (Yes I have some too.)

600m/2000ft from my birthplace (as the crow flies - to the left - the right being the Red Light District proper). 😃

wim

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1