Images sold in August 2020

Scarlet pimpernel flower (taken in my garden) - one of 5 in this afternoon.  Daily Telegraph uses for reasonable $$

Tiny single flower of the UK native Scarlet Pimpernel, Anagallis arvensis Stock Photo

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 750,000 ;  Placement: Inside and online ;  Start: 04-July-2020 ; End: 05-July-2020 ;

Additional Details: Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Well, sales are coming in after the outage...

Lowther Castle in Cumbria

the-ruins-of-lowther-hall-near-penrith-cumbria-england-uk-E86KJE.jpg

Nice! I like castles and didn't know about this one so I just read up on wikipedia, it's only recently opened to the public after being "closed" since the 50s when it was deliberately left as a shell, makes a change from one being destroyed by fire!

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 19-June-2020 ; End: 19-June-2025; Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Medium/low $$. Forever to come up in searches for pelican crossing

westminster-london-uk-18th-jun-2020-the-pelicans-that-live-in-st-jamess-park-decided-to-take-a-walk-across-the-mall-stopping-traffic-walking-in-the-road-park-wardens-had-to-move-them-back-2C2TCWH.jpg

• Love 3

Not my best photo, but somebody wanted it. Detail from Valley of the Fallen, Madrid. 

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 19 August 2020
Duration: Unlimited

mid $$

coat-of-arms-calle-de-los-caidos-valley-

My first time posting sales, I always enjoy seeing what you all have sold. This river floods every few years cutting us off from our closest city.

High $$, half for me

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Education

burdekin-river-macrossan-north-queensland-australia-february-3-2019-workers-wait-for-flood-water-to-recede-before-they-can-clear-the-road-to-let-traffic-through-burdekin-bridge-macrossan-north-queensland-RHHX47.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Webby said:

Not my best photo, but somebody wanted it. Detail from Valley of the Fallen, Madrid. 

mid $$

I have lived in Madrid for over 7 years and I've still never been, it was closed for a while and now that Franco isn't buried there any more I feel better about visiting, I was on a bus which stopped outside the gates the other day so I know how to get there now!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 19-June-2020 ; End: 19-June-2025; Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Medium/low $$. Forever to come up in searches for pelican crossing

westminster-london-uk-18th-jun-2020-the-pelicans-that-live-in-st-jamess-park-decided-to-take-a-walk-across-the-mall-stopping-traffic-walking-in-the-road-park-wardens-had-to-move-them-back-2C2TCWH.jpg

What a great shot! Not something you would see too often... reminds me of The Beatles

• Thanks 1

Anderton boat lift on the Trent and Mersey Canal, Anderton, Cheshire, England

anderton-boat-lift-on-the-trent-and-mersey-canal-anderton-cheshire-BG9DNX.jpg

Sold on the 17th for lower/mid $$

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 2 page spread
Start: 17 August 2020
End: 17 August 2021
Duration: 6 months; Single placement, editorial travel brochures and editorial travel based literature; Downloadable PDF rights included for up to 6-month duration.

Then again today for the same amount but different licensing details.

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 2 page spread
Start: 21 August 2020
End: 21 August 2021
Duration : 6 months ; Single placement, editorial travel brochures and editorial travel based literature Downloadable PDF rights included for up to 6-month duration Additional details: Single placement on a website, includes archive rights in perpetuity. Includes use on social media as part of a link back to the original article.

The beauty of RM licensing!!😁

• Love 2

On 20/08/2020 at 10:06, Webby said:

mid $$

Been there twice and never noticed this! Need to get my eyesight checked.

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
46 MB
4928 x 3264 pixels
2 MB compressed
Start: 21 August 2020
End: 21 August 2025

Few $$$

TRM1GH.jpg

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/R38C7N/modern-japanese-fashion-brand-sou-sou-using-colorful-prints-in-kyoto-flagship-store-their-design-is-inspired-by-traditional-japanese-clothing-R38C7N.jpg

Sou Sou. Presentation or newsletters. Very low $$

Take a silly picture and you get a silly fee.

- after Tom Lehrer: ask a silly question get a silly answer in New Math.

But then I am just watching the Vogue AI interview of Billie Eilish and at 5.20 Billie says to the machine: I mean that was a stupid question. And the machine quips: give bad answers get bad questions.

So does that mean pay silly fees; get silly images? Hmmm lots to think over on a rainy Sunday. I can recommend that interview (AI-?) btw: more thoughts for that rainy day.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Sou Sou. Presentation or newsletters. Very low $$

Take a silly picture and you get a silly fee.

- after Tom Lehrer: ask a silly question get a silly answer in New Math.

But then I am just watching the Vogue AI interview of Billie Eilish and at 5.20 Billie says to the machine: I mean that was a stupid question. And the machine quips: give bad answers get bad questions.

So does that mean pay silly fees; get silly images? Hmmm lots to think over on a rainy Sunday. I can recommend that interview (AI-?) btw: more thoughts for that rainy day.

wim

But I've had silly images sell for serious fees... 🤔

... and serious images sell for silly fees.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

But I've had silly images sell for serious fees... 🤔

... and serious images sell for silly fees.

Yes and the lottery has been lousy all year as well. 😂

wim