Images sold in August 2020

Water fountain with statues of Arabian horses in the 5th Avenue shopping area of Scottsdale, Arizona.  Created by Stock Photo

Scottsdale, Arizona.  I don't think I've had this type of license before.

Affiliate Sale; Country: United States ; Usage: Internal business usage ;  Media: Internal poster/décor $$

Edited by MariaJ

Gates of Dachau concentration camp. Bulk discount took it from $$ to $. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2020
End: 01 July 2025
Italy, Book, Bulk discount flat rate

main-entrance-gate-and-arbeit-macht-frei

• Love 1

Ten UKNS/Live News sales in today. 'Live News' values are a new low and barely differentiated from UKNS now. At least I didn't need to travel for most of them, such as:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 31-July-2020 ; End: 31-July-2025 ; Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-31st-jul-2020-with-the-forecast-high-temperatures-people-are-heading-to-the-seafront-to-cool-down-despite-the-covid-19-coronavirus-advice-in-the-thorpe-bay-area-to-the-east-of-southend-on-sea-people-are-out-enjoying-the-early-morning-high-tide-youngsters-are-jumping-into-the-sea-from-the-disused-barge-pier-off-gunners-park-2C9EX53.jpg

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Ten UKNS/Live News sales in today. 'Live News' values are a new low and barely differentiated from UKNS now. At least I didn't need to travel for most of them, such as:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 31-July-2020 ; End: 31-July-2025 ; Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-31st-jul-2020-with-the-forecast-high-temperatures-people-are-heading-to-the-seafront-to-cool-down-despite-the-covid-19-coronavirus-advice-in-the-thorpe-bay-area-to-the-east-of-southend-on-sea-people-are-out-enjoying-the-early-morning-high-tide-youngsters-are-jumping-into-the-sea-from-the-disused-barge-pier-off-gunners-park-2C9EX53.jpg

A little embarrassing for the kid in the Nike shirt 😃

A photo of photos. Country: Worldwide  Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Uso en una presentación/charla (por ejemplo, Powerpoint y Keynote) o en un boletín informativo.  Only $ but all sales welcome.

2AF6W9B.jpg

• Love 3

4 hours ago, Avpics said:

I wonder what the black  t-shirt Nike guy is doing? 

9 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

A photo of photos. Country: Worldwide  Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Uso en una presentación/charla (por ejemplo, Powerpoint y Keynote) o en un boletín informativo.  Only $ but all sales welcome.

2AF6W9B.jpg

So the buyer chose yours instead of my “pile of old photos”. I think that was the search term on my zoom.  Darn.

• Love 1

Belgian horse during horse pull at local fair.

belgian-team-pulling-weight-load-in-heavy-horse-pull-competition-at-DEP2F7.jpg

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 12 August 2020
End: 12 August 2025
Digital only book product, volume discount, images up to any size, any placement. Rights for life of product.

Mid $$

One of my earliest submissions.

Jill

People enjoying craft beer outside Ma Che Siete Venuti A Fà, a small birreria in Trastevere district of Rome, Italy

people-enjoying-craft-beer-outside-ma-ch

Image use: Editorial Details of use: Book, print and/or e-book Image Size: 1 page Print run: Unlimited Placement: Inside Duration: 25 years Country: Worldwide Additional Details: Single context inside use across all hardback, paperback, audio and digital editions of a title; Unlimited print run, unlimited duration.

Royalty-free, $ 33.11.

Image was zoomed in May. This sale could be related, as it is for a book.

Bank of Scotland gates. Edinburgh. For a measly $. Just realised its the second 'gate" picture sale in two days. 

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 17 July 2020
End: 18 July 2020
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

royal-bank-of-scotland-edinburgh-scotlan

Edited by Webby

Santander Spain April 7 2020 View from lock down Municipal or council or local authority gardener strimming grass around a tree at the roadside Stock Photo
Usage: Presentation or newsletter, Use in a single presentation (e.g. Powerpoint or Keynote) or in a newsletter.
27 MB
3114 x 3055 pixels
1 MB compressed
Start: 25 August 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

Not going to win any competitions with this photo but pleased to see a second sale this month after joining in March this year.

Royalty free image.

After the Alamy cut of 50% equivalent to 61 sales on SS!

Does the in perpetuity licence have any effect on the image being sold again?

Sorry to ask but still learning.

Edited by Tony ALS
miscalculation!
  • Like 1

The In Perpetuity duration could only affect the chances of Alamy selling this photo as an exclusive rights sale. Basically, that is for an advertising buy-out for a year or two. I don't wish to diss your image but this is a vanishingly small possibility. Don't Lose any sleep over it. The term really came into play about twenty years ago from rights departments of private TV documentaries. There was often added nonsense about "all territories throughout the universe" and "all media now known or yet to be invented".  The virus has spread!

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Thanks 1