Jump to content

Post a bad thing that happened in your life today


Ed Rooney
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Hadn't realised Mick was not posting so much. Hope he is feeling better and nothing untoward is going on.

 

Allan

 

 

It's been a week or so. There has been queries about Lightroom. He would normally be here in a flash. I always worry about people, even those I don't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gvallee said:

 

It's been a week or so. There has been queries about Lightroom. He would normally be here in a flash. I always worry about people, even those I don't know.

 

A whole week! Now I am really worried. Think I might contact him.

 

Allan

 

Not answering phone just now, left message to call me if he can.

 

ITMA

 

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Heard from Mick (MDM) and he is resting but improving. I am sure he will be back when he can.

 

Allan

 

That's good news Allan and thanks for the update, I was also a little concerned he hadn't been around much lately...

 

Carol

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Heard from Mick (MDM) and he is resting but improving. I am sure he will be back when he can.

 

Allan

 

 

Thanks for that Allan, it's good news and a relief.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A continuing Bad Thing, in my view, is the Football Premiership. The game has become a business, people are investing in it to make money without any real interest in the sport or any local connection to the clubs. My grandfather and father were both keen supporters of our local side, and I followed suit, as did our elder son. I had a season ticket for many years.

 

However when the Premiership came along, and they started to rearrange matches to suit the TV sponsors etc  I ended my relationship with the sport.  Things have not improved. The, fortunately unsuccessful,  attempt by a small group of clubs to form a break away European super league is a symptom of a deeper malaise.

 

There has always been a strong relationship between wealth and success in football, but in days gone by it would be local businessmen, backed by loyal fans at the turnstiles, who would bankroll the clubs, the owners probably lifelong supporters.

 

The game has lost its way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bryan said:

 

Packed in my season ticket years ago John, it's raining and I needed to fill some time !

 

The Premier League is planning to replace the league table with a list of the clubs’ share prices (with extra points for being bought up by a Russian oligarch or some faceless off-shore investment company)…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A water main broke in Wichita yesterday, at least that’s when we got the news of a boil water advisory. Of course that started a run and hoarding of bottled water until there were nothing but empty shelves reported on the news, which probably caused more panic. I have a pot of boiled water cooled and ready to set up the coffeemaker. Hopefully, the advisory will be canceled sometime tomorrow.  So they say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Towing our caravan along a motorway, we pulled into a service station and headed for the section clearly labelled Caravans Only. No spaces, about half of the lanes occupied by motorhomes. I managed to park at the rear of of the lot, leaving space for people to get past, when another motorhome arrived and parked in the exit lane. I pointed out that he was blocking the exit, when he shifted and occupied a by now available space, but not accurately, still blocking the exit. I asked him to move when he complained that I should not have parked outside one of the marked bays. Politely as I was able, I told him that he was parking in a lane reserved for caravans and it was due to people like him that I wasn't parked in the right place. Caravans are difficult to reverse, with a very limited rear view, and, unlike an articulated truck, very twitchy going backwards. Further, they need room to turn out of a parking space, which is why special parking facilities are provided. Other motorhomes had parked in the ample space beyond that reserved for caravans.

 

Rant over

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s always a few that refuse to follow the rules, isn’t there? I know what you mean about twitchy…back during our boating/fishing days, I refused to back our boat down the ramp. The sun would’ve set before I could have managed it. My husband asked me to do it once. When he saw me start to sweat blood, he said, “Never mind.”

A boat is much easier than a caravan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bryan said:

Towing our caravan along a motorway, we pulled into a service station and headed for the section clearly labelled Caravans Only. No spaces, about half of the lanes occupied by motorhomes. I managed to park at the rear of of the lot, leaving space for people to get past, when another motorhome arrived and parked in the exit lane. I pointed out that he was blocking the exit, when he shifted and occupied a by now available space, but not accurately, still blocking the exit. I asked him to move when he complained that I should not have parked outside one of the marked bays. Politely as I was able, I told him that he was parking in a lane reserved for caravans and it was due to people like him that I wasn't parked in the right place. Caravans are difficult to reverse, with a very limited rear view, and, unlike an articulated truck, very twitchy going backwards. Further, they need room to turn out of a parking space, which is why special parking facilities are provided. Other motorhomes had parked in the ample space beyond that reserved for caravans.

 

Rant over

 

I have to disagree with you here Bryan. Our motorhome is 7.5m. No way it fits regular parking spaces. We have to share parkings for caravans/RVs. In fact we had a similar problem as you yesterday. We got to Cape Naturalist via a narrow winding road. A one way car park had been neatly set up, split into cars and caravans/RVs sections. Went to the caravans/RVs section and it's full.... of cars!! Floating in long parking lanes. We were annoyed. 

 

Another comment is that we often noticed that it's easier for vehicles towing caravans to manoeuvre in tight places as they are articulated rather than rigid like us. Sometimes we just don't have the same turning circle capability as them.

 

Anyway, I don't want to start a road rage with you Bryan LOL!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

I have to disagree with you here Bryan. Our motorhome is 7.5m. No way it fits regular parking spaces. We have to share parkings for caravans/RVs. In fact we had a similar problem as you yesterday. We got to Cape Naturalist via a narrow winding road. A one way car park had been neatly set up, split into cars and caravans/RVs sections. Went to the caravans/RVs section and it's full.... of cars!! Floating in long parking lanes. We were annoyed. 

 

Another comment is that we often noticed that it's easier for vehicles towing caravans to manoeuvre in tight places as they are articulated rather than rigid like us. Sometimes we just don't have the same turning circle capability as them.

 

Anyway, I don't want to start a road rage with you Bryan LOL!!

No rage necessary. It's a question of scale, most motorhomes in the UK are a good deal smaller than yours, typically panel van size. Many of them were in fact parked in the correct location

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bryan said:

No rage necessary. It's a question of scale, most motorhomes in the UK are a good deal smaller than yours, typically panel van size. Many of them were in fact parked in the correct location

 

Oz has got the space, plenty of it, with open roads and huge skies. A great number of people have either big caravans (tends to be grey nomads like us) or off-road camper trailers. Many people have been on the road for years. The biggest of all vehicles are fifth wheelers, true monsters, some with slide outs as well. There are also converted huge buses (the Greyhound type), sometimes towing a trailer with a car and a boat on top. An example here.

 

Owners are so used to their vehicle that they manoeuvre in no time in caravan parks. Man or woman. I'm always admirative and like to watch. There are exceptions of course. We died when this poor man failed miserably several times to reverse properly and his wife was yelling at him in front of the whole campsite. I'm good at it (parking not yelling) provided I can see. Although we have a truck mirror, because of the stone guard we had to place it forward and I can't see properly the left side of the bus. So we're having a side camera installed this weekend.

 

We were once goggle eyed when a huuuuge caravan turned up towed by a big 4x4. A woman was driving. The caravan had been modified with an electrical opening side panel. She took out a wheel chair and placed it against the passenger door. A clever system of pully lifted her husband from his seat and deposited him on the wheelchair. He was paralised from the neck down. They had been on the road for years. There's no stopping the Aussies!

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 4
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've ordered a new phone from Hong-Kong to be delivered to Perth, Australia. So far, Fedex took it to Japan, Vietnam and Guanzhou, back right next to Hong-Kong. It will be the most travelled phone ever. Perhaps we were meant to be together? 

Edited by gvallee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

woke up in cold sweat

from dream I had (94) online images & (141,000) forum posts

but my head slowly cleared & my arms & legs stopped flailing

as I realized in reality it was the other way around...

Edited by FocusUno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.