Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

Ed Rooney

18 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Sorry to hear the bad news Bryan. If you cannot locate any physical jigsaw puzzle, you can always do a virtual one on your computer. I do the Rural houses ones on my tablet. I love puzzles. Feel better soon.

Thanks Gen, I'll look that up.

Get well soon, Bryan. I’ve been sick for two weeks, now. Covid negative, but suspect it’s RSV. You might be over yours before I am.

Puzzles are fun, and can make the time fly. I tried my first virtual jigsaw the other day & enjoyed it. Although there was some buffering that bugged me.

15 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Get well soon, Bryan. I’ve been sick for two weeks, now. Covid negative, but suspect it’s RSV. You might be over yours before I am.

Puzzles are fun, and can make the time fly. I tried my first virtual jigsaw the other day & enjoyed it. Although there was some buffering that bugged me.

Take care, Betty. Hopefully, you’re getting better. I caught RSV at the end of October. It came on very slowly, and symptoms got worse and worse each day. Was a miserable experience, and I still have coughing episodes from time to time.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Feeling a tad under the weather with the symptoms of a heavy cold and have just tested positive for Covid.  I'm fully jabbed so hoping it won't be too bad !

Not sure how to spend the next five days indoors, I might warp out some jigsaws, if we still have any.  So far my wife has not caught the bug. We had booked to have a Xmas meal out with friends later in the week, but that's not going to happen.

Well that's not good! Still it's a chance to listen to some music, I recommend the Mike Harding podcast, might be 5 days worth! Get well! 

• Love 1

Sorry to hear the bad news, Bryan. I guess it will be "home for the holidays" alright. Hope you feel better soon. I'm getting over the worst cold I've had in years. I thought it was COVID, but I've been testing negative. More people -- especially older ones -- I know are getting C-19 now, as well as other nasty bugs, probably because just about everyone has stopped wearing masks and using hand-sanitizer regularly.

• Love 2

35 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Sorry to hear the bad news, Bryan. I guess it will be "home for the holidays" alright. Hope you feel better soon. I'm getting over the worst cold I've had in years. I thought it was COVID, but I've been testing negative. More people -- especially older ones -- I know are getting C-19 now, as well as other nasty bugs, probably because just about everyone has stopped wearing masks and using hand-sanitizer regularly.

Yes I travelled by train and tram over the weekend, and nobody was wearing a mask, me included.  So far the symptoms are not too bad, a bit of a cough and feeling shivery. Looking forward to a hot bath tonight and then to bed with a dose of Night Nurse. 

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I had to look up RSV doesn't sound great but it appears that most people get over it after a few weeks, so fingers crossed you'll be OK.

3 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

Take care, Betty. Hopefully, you’re getting better. I caught RSV at the end of October. It came on very slowly, and symptoms got worse and worse each day. Was a miserable experience, and I still have coughing episodes from time to time.

I’m still coughing and using a nebulizer because I’m short of air. I guess it does hang on. Most all infections trigger asthma for me.

Thanks everyone for good wishes.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Yes I travelled by train and tram over the weekend, and nobody was wearing a mask, me included.  So far the symptoms are not too bad, a bit of a cough and feeling shivery. Looking forward to a hot bath tonight and then to bed with a dose of Night Nurse. 

I've stopped wearing a mask as well. Public transit is scary these days. I'm avoiding it. Fortunately, I can walk to just about everywhere I need to go. Otherwise I drive our little petrol-sipper. My guess is that we'll all get C-19 eventually. Looks as if your turn came up. At least you're getting it over with. From what I've heard, symptoms are now different for everyone. I know someone who could barely get out of bed for several days. Others just seem to have cold-like sniffles, etc.

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

Yes I travelled by train and tram over the weekend, and nobody was wearing a mask, me included.  

I just took an Uber here in Cairns. The driver was masked and so was I. The only thing was that my mask's wire was neatly resting on 4 stitches under my eye following a small procedure. Ouch!! Anything but catching Covid again. No-one else seems to be wearing masks apart from in medical facilities. 

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I just took an Uber here in Cairns. The driver was masked and so was I. The only thing was that my mask's wire was neatly resting on 4 stitches under my eye following a small procedure. Ouch!! Anything but catching Covid again. No-one else seems to be wearing masks apart from in medical facilities. 

Very similar here in my part of the UK. Even when wearing a FFP2 mask I keep my distance from others If I can, no mask is perfect. When staying with my daughter in Bristol last weekend we took an Uber into the city centre for an event, driver was unmasked, and picking up a taxi from the rank later the driver was unmasked. At my last diebetic checkup at my surgery the nurse was not masked. Speaking to her she said all the surgery staff used to wear masks but 'we still all caught covid so we don't bother now'. The masks they used to wear were very poorly fitting showing huge gaps. I always mask up when traveling by train/tube, and on buses. I still mainly walk in London rather than go by tube, especially during busy times. Additionally, my sister caught covid while masked and having a flu jab from an unmasked nurse. When I had my flu jab at a Tesco pharmacy we were both masked. The pharmacist told me it was a company requirement that he should be masked. Every little amount of protection and common sense helps you to stay healthy.

Edited by sb photos

10 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I've stopped wearing a mask as well. Public transit is scary these days. I'm avoiding it. Fortunately, I can walk to just about everywhere I need to go. Otherwise I drive our little petrol-sipper. My guess is that we'll all get C-19 eventually. Looks as if your turn came up. At least you're getting it over with. From what I've heard, symptoms are now different for everyone. I know someone who could barely get out of bed for several days. Others just seem to have cold-like sniffles, etc.

I thought I was doing well avoiding covid until August. When it finally got me it was similar to a mild cold, likely due to being fully vaccinated. Mine took 2 weeks before before getting a negative test. During covid I took a few local walks on deserted footpaths, one was around 11km and I certainly felt better for it.  My wife showed symptoms 3-4 days after me, and although she felt awful had a negative test after only 6 days. Although now milder, it's still best to avoid covid if you can.

19 hours ago, Bryan said:

Feeling a tad under the weather with the symptoms of a heavy cold and have just tested positive for Covid.  I'm fully jabbed so hoping it won't be too bad !

Not sure how to spend the next five days indoors, I might warp out some jigsaws, if we still have any.  So far my wife has not caught the bug. We had booked to have a Xmas meal out with friends later in the week, but that's not going to happen.

Sorry to hear covid finally got you, hoping it's a mild infection. When I had covid for the first few days I tackled my backlog of images intended for Alamy and others relating to family.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, sb photos said:

Very similar here in my part of the UK. Even when wearing a FFP2 mask I keep my distance from others If I can, no mask is perfect. When staying with my daughter in Bristol last weekend we took an Uber into the city centre for an event, driver was unmasked, and picking up a taxi from the rank later the driver was unmasked. At my last diebetic checkup at my surgery the nurse was not masked. Speaking to her she said all the surgery staff used to wear masks but 'we still all caught covid so we don't bother now'. The masks they used to wear were very poorly fitting showing huge gaps. I always mask up when traveling by train/tube, and on buses. I still mainly walk in London rather than go by tube, especially during busy times. Additionally, my sister caught covid while masked and having a flu jab from an unmasked nurse. When I had my flu jab at a Tesco pharmacy we were both masked. The pharmacist told me it was a company requirement that he should be masked. Every little amount of protection and common sense helps you to stay healthy.

The mask I have was given to me by the Covid hospital I went to. It's pretty good, has a wire at the top which you can shape exactly to your nose and face contour. Also totally enclosed under the chin. I'm sure it's not 100% Covid proof but at least I'm doing my best. 

As for Uber, I had the most amazing one today. You had to sit at the back. It was like entering a disco. A neon flashing recharger was available for phones, etc., the back of each front seat had an array of goodies: mint sweets, multiple choice of crisps, hand sanitiser, mini bin and God knows what. It was like being in a street market. Fully masked driver. Amazing, he deserved his 5 star rating.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sb photos said:

common sense

Indeed.

When the prevalence was such that there might be one infected person in the tube carriage, one could take a view. Now it's one person on the entire train, I take a different view.

I did not contract Covid on the Underground and stopped wearing a mask as soon as it ceased to be a condition of carriage.

13 hours ago, sb photos said:

I thought I was doing well avoiding covid until August. When it finally got me it was similar to a mild cold, likely due to being fully vaccinated. Mine took 2 weeks before before getting a negative test. During covid I took a few local walks on deserted footpaths, one was around 11km and I certainly felt better for it.  My wife showed symptoms 3-4 days after me, and although she felt awful had a negative test after only 6 days. Although now milder, it's still best to avoid covid if you can.

A friend in Alberta emailed me yesterday saying that he has just come down with Covid. 

Think I'll be taking my mask out of mothballs... 😷

Back to the doctor this afternoon as I’m getting weaker. Another round of meds and a chest x-ray, of which I’ll know the results in a day or two. I slept on the couch last night in a raised position that helped with the coughing.

I’m so tired of this, it’s been 15 days of feeling rotten.

• Love 1

• Alamy locked this topic