slow cleared payments

Anyone is experiencing like me slow if not lack of cleared payments in sales reported one to two months ago at least?

Also I registered poor amount of sales last month compared to my regular average. I wonder if this due to clovid-19 outbreak. I don't even want to know what awaits us in the next few months 😔.

Stefano

Travel Photographer

There's one cleared this morning in my dashboard, so there is still money coming in!

However I've one sale uncleared from December 2019, and two from January.

Others from January and February are cleared and paid....

Hopefully it's just the vagaries of different accounts offices and hopefully Alamy will be chasing up overdue amounts.

Phil

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

There's one cleared this morning in my dashboard, so there is still money coming in!

However I've one sale uncleared from December 2019, and two from January.

Others from January and February are cleared and paid....

Hopefully it's just the vagaries of different accounts offices and hopefully Alamy will be chasing up overdue amounts.

Phil

at least they should stop them from Downloading further images.... 

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Quite likely that some Alamy customers are going to go bust.

Sorry to be so cheerful.

That's what I was thinking too and my idea is the whole stock photo market will be affected and downsized somehow at the end. Not really a bright future ahead unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, stipe said:

That's what I was thinking too and my idea is the whole stock photo market will be affected and downsized somehow at the end. Not really a bright future ahead unfortunately.

Many magazines were already clinging on by their finger-nails. 

Not much we can do about it except hope for the best. Same as everybody else I suppose. 

When covid-19 outbreak emergency will be over, the concept of EXCLUSIVE IMAGES required by many photo agencies should be rediscussed if not eliminated as in a poorer world that should expect ahead it doesn't make really any sense anymore in my opinion.

The previous owners of Alamy must be relieved that their sale went through before all this hit.

Who knows what will be left of stock photography and how it will change after this seismic shock to the global economy and established ways of doing business?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Well I have just had an email from Alamy informing me that one of my previous sales has been refunded to the client due to a mistake. So they are active enough taking money back from us, but not the other way round. You couldn't write it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marb said:

Well I have just had an email from Alamy informing me that one of my previous sales has been refunded to the client due to a mistake. So they are active enough taking money back from us, but not the other way round. You couldn't write it!

We all get refunds from time to time.

Alamy is taking it back because it has had to make a refund itself. Surely you don't expect Alamy to pay you if it isn't paid. See "agency".

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

Everything, in terms of collecting and Alamy making payment has been exactly as normal for April 1st 2020.

One of the few areas that I have never had a complaint about with Alamy is their accounting and payment

system.

Chuck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marb said:

To be clear, as written in the email to inform you of this in advance - the distributor duplicated their reporting of sales to us which means some images were billed twice. You will still be paid for the first usage. The second sale, which has not been paid to you, is now being cancelled which will show as a refund. 

To all: More widely regarding payment times - we are of course not immune to the difficulties facing the business world at the moment in securing payments. We're doing everything we can, as best we can - that, I can assure you.

I'll post up another thread now about how the current situation may be affecting your experience with us as contributors. 

Edit - here's the thread:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/12807-the-contributor-experience-whilst-were-all-tackling-the-covid-19-pandemic/

James Allsworth

Head of Content

• Love 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Marb said:

Having just read James Allsworth's response to your post, perhaps you could be a tad more descriptive and objective in future complaints. . .

DD

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Kathy deWitt said:

Many still to clear, a few in November but mainly from 22 January 2020.

Yes, I also still have quite a lot of uncleared sales from January onwards. That in itself is not unusual, but in combination with the almost non existent pay out this month, it worries me deeply. I look forward to getting some background on that announced thread. (hopefully)

13 minutes ago, dustydingo said:

Having just read James Allsworth's response to your post, perhaps you could be a tad more descriptive and objective in future complaints. . .

DD

Sounds like fake news to me! Full marks to James for squashing it.

The truth was still getting its boots out of the wardrobe.

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

January 2020 is a lot closer than my uncleared sale from June 2019 and I am aware of two other Photographers waiting for several uncleared images to be paid one as from as

far back as January 2019. Times and Sun somebody at Alamy oviously fell asleep on the job.

30 minutes ago, dustydingo said:

DD

i'll give the benefit of the doubt at this point, but yes if all the information was provided to OP the post was clearly misleading.