slow cleared payments

Just looked at mine.

WHEeeee!  $54 cleared and will be paid 1st May.

Allan

NOT as good as the tax refund I received in the bank today.  THAT was an even bigger WHEEEEEEEeeeeeee!

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2

Today I've got reverted to 'Uncleared' a sale from november that was cleared on mid-January, more than 3 months ago! And it was a direct sale. Can't understand it... 😳😭  

Edited by shearwater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As most regulars know I have been in the agency business for decades and

the one thing "I" have nothing to complain about concerning Alamy is their

accounting.  The reality of agency or library work has been that it takes time

for clients to make payment.  last year I often had twice or more the number of license fees

as collected fees in my account.  My agency in the 80's and 90's would send out monthly

statements with two columns: Received and Billed, which is about the same as Alamy

does and I do appreciate that.

The reality, again in my opinion, is that there are going to be a number of publishers who default

or go bankrupt and I fear that there will be licenses that will not or can not be collected and

that is not Alamy's fault.  One thing that I did until recently when I was doing commercial work

is simply tell clients that after they approved the images they need to pay my invoice before they

can have access to the images.  I remember in the 80's and 90's having over $100,000 in receivables

and $.50 in my bank account, thank GOD for DINERS CLUB back then.

Now if we are complaining:  Alamy's terms and license fees are a HUGE problem for me.  Alamy was

great for years, but I can not tolerate the fees and terms that Alamy is licensing my images for in 2020.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
plural

On 13/05/2020 at 16:16, Homy said:

It's not the first time but now again I can't even see the sales of two of my images I found over three month ago here MPJDY3 and here EDXXPJ.

If you haven't already done it, drop CR an email and they'll confirm, or otherwise, that they've records of the sale

Unless I am misunderstanding the situation, what I'm wondering is whether or not the buyers who suddenly claim they can't pay up because of COVID-19 are being allowed to continue to license images. Also, what repercussions will be for not paying. OUR photos have already been used and seen...

23 hours ago, Avpics said:

If you haven't already done it, drop CR an email and they'll confirm, or otherwise, that they've records of the sale

Well, 9 days after my post here one of the images appeared in my sales. I think I wait for the other image to see if it can become a record holder as the slowest sale. :)

6 hours ago, PuffinsPictures said:

Unless I am misunderstanding the situation, what I'm wondering is whether or not the buyers who suddenly claim they can't pay up because of COVID-19 are being allowed to continue to license images. Also, what repercussions will be for not paying. OUR photos have already been used and seen...

if they don't pay, Alamy becomes one of their creditor, likely unsecured. 

I've noticed over the last two months that 'sales' (ie uses invoiced) have kept up well - this is the best month for a while.

No doubt this reflects the time delay from selection - use - invoice so we are seeing sales from before the Virus.

But cleared payments are certainly down. 

It depends on your port. A lot of the traditional 'stocky' stock side I should think still does well. Unlucky for me that apart from the news images, there are lots of travel pics in mine. They're normally doing ok, but obviously not now, and the travel sector is likely to be down for more than just this year. Taken a real hit for me. Happy to accept that, nobody's fault. As for the cleared balance...not so good. Tried to contact alamy, but only had the generic ' Temporarily, we’re unlikely to be able to answer your email due to a reduction in team size', which isn't very helpful. 29th now, so that cleared balance is it for this month I presume. Won't be rushing to work on the port after this. Especially not when I see how much effort I often put in the edits, and how much, shall we say, 'less carefully edited' stuff is rushed through in bulk via the news feed by certain togs and, even more so, certain agencies. That's very depressing to see and just tells me nobody is after quality, it's just a numbers game now. Not my cuppa.

So near -yet so far.  How's this for a close finish to my month - just 1 cent more is all I needed 😪.

To be fair, this is a very low sum compared to my usual but hopefully it will return to good times soon.

Current Cleared Balance: $50 We'll pay you once your balance is over $50

A slight digression from  topic, but has anyone noticed more weekend sales being reported?

I've had a few PU sales pop up from time to time but there seem to be more 'normal' uses being invoiced on Sat and Sun.

Edited by Phil Robinson

2 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

A slight digression from  topic, but has anyone noticed more weekend sales being reported?

I've had a few PU sales pop up from time but there seem to be more 'normal' uses being invoiced an Sat and Sun.

Yes, I have had three this month.  That is not normal for me.

I will not reach the $50+ this month and still have uncleared payments, I fully understand that allot of Alamy clients (large companies, newspapers etc) expect several months credit. Allot of companies require at least 90 days credit as part of their T&C to do business with. PU's how ever should be treated differently, they at least should be payment on download.

Andy.    

- I haven't got any cleared sale "in time" (45 days) since January.

- I still have got one direct sale reverted in May to "Uncleared" from a Nov'19 sale.

- I have got another 4 sales still Uncleared that they should have been cleared up already.

- In less than two weeks should clear another 3 more sales. No many hopes on that...

- And CR doesn't answer any mail anymore (unauthorized uses included).

Anyone else suffering this discouraging panorama?  😢

(Sorry for the moaning)

Edited by shearwater