slow cleared payments

20 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Yes, I also still have quite a lot of uncleared sales from January onwards. That in itself is not unusual, but in combination with the almost non existent pay out this month, it worries me deeply. I look forward to getting some background on that announced thread. (hopefully)

My payment is about average this month.

On 08/04/2020 at 22:02, Kathy deWitt said:

Clearing has speeded up considerably now as well as sales. Maybe the end of the tax year was slowing things down?

Both clearings and sales stopped almost completely since many days in my case, instead, which is something really unusual.

Edited by stipe

3 hours ago, stipe said:

Both clearings and sales stopped almost completely since many days in my case, instead, which is something really unusual.

I was in the same boat until today.  My cleared balance just doubled by what it was for about a month and a sale (first one of the month) just dropped in.  Also, myclicks were sitting at 0 (which is very unusual) but updated as well.

Perhaps things are really delayed and not everyone gets updated at the same time. Hopefully your turn will come soon.

Are you guys still getting new sales?

Both sales and clearings seem to have completely stopped in my case. Looks like I am going to experience the worst month since 6 years at least and I'm afraid the following months will not be that bright either.

5 hours ago, stipe said:

Are you guys still getting new sales?

Both sales and clearings seem to have completely stopped in my case. Looks like I am going to experience the worst month since 6 years at least and I'm afraid the following months will not be that bright either.

Hi Stefano, my last 2 sales were on 6th April. Or at least that's when Alamy issued the invoice. The sales this month thread still looks quite active. But as we know, a lot of sales are reported a few months after they're actually made. I'd expect to see a general drop in sales that follows on a few weeks from the start of the pandemic. Yeah, it's not looking good. But at least we have time to brush up on photography skills and go back to old photos and sort out the keywording (yay enthusiasm...!)

Steve

p.s. another sale came through today. Only $ so not bragging!

Edited by Steve F
another sale

I've had a couple of sales this month, more refunds though (the duplicate purchase refunds Alamy advised of). Just seems Alamy has stopped chasing money owed. I know some business will be struggling.... just like the photographers who took the photographs for them to use.

Edit... Not all agencies are hitting slowdown. There is one I use that returned a near BME last month and this month won't be far off either. I guess it depends on who your client base is etc.

Edited by Duncan_Andison
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Just seems Alamy has stopped chasing money owed. I know some business will be struggling.... just like the photographers who took the photographs for them to use.

If Alamy stopped chasing money owed how does it think to survive financially in the future? 🙄

• Love 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd made progress in the last week or so. An additional $50 cleared ($200+ still waiting) .... yay.

Today, $31 disappeared from cleared funds, no additional refunds listed etc, just disappeared 😡

If the other agencies paid as fast as this I'd be out of business by now... thankfully they only represent <3%.. but, $200 would still be useful given the current climate. Yes I know this is how they roll but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. There is no way I could get away with this when paying other people.

39 minutes ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Today, $31 disappeared from cleared funds, no additional refunds listed etc, just disappeared 😡

I've had the same happen today, $22 disappeared from my cleared balance. I've checked and noticed that two sales from 06/02/20 that had cleared last week are now showing as uncleared.

16 minutes ago, Kat said:

two sales from 06/02/20 that had cleared last week are now showing as uncleared.

Same here, I think. The cleared figure dropped this morning, by about that amount. Some other dates too. However yesterday it had gone up by an unaccountable $10 or so. Grr. With no sales in April I could have used it.

Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion on this latest batch of cleared then uncleared sales - it looks like a distributor miss-allocated some payments which has caused this. Those sales will clear again but we can't give a date at the moment for when exactly.

Best

Alamy

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion on this latest batch of cleared then uncleared sales - it looks like a distributor miss-allocated some payments which has caused this. Those sales will clear again but we can't give a date at the moment for when exactly.

Best

Alamy

Fair enough. I suppose🙁

3 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

Best

Alamy

thanks, however i just reviewed my sales, and i can't find a sale from a distributor that matches the drop that now would show as uncleared.

3 hours ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Sadly, not here. I remain at the two steps forward, one back position. Past payout etc but still a large amount waiting to be paid.

Luckily mines gone up to $80 cleared today.

John.