Your COVID-19 Images

22 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Corona beer for sale, on special offer.

I left with a crate of cider instead.

Boxes of canned Corona Extra lager beer for sale, in a store in Bristol, UK. Stock Photo

Boxes of bottled Corona Extra lager beer for sale, in a store in Bristol, UK.

Well spotted. Apparently their sales have suffered because of the name, which is strange but not unexpected I suppose. It's my least favourite Mexican beer anyway.

Edited by John Mitchell

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Not exactly an example of front-line, intrepid photojournalism. However, I thought the message on the sign was important and upbeat.

I'm not sure how "awesome" I feel, though. At least I haven't contracted the bug AFAIK. It seems that no forum members have either (touch wood), which is a positive thing.

vancouver-canada-30-march-2020-a-sign-ou

MDM has.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Old Oklahoman folk remedy? Hope it works. If it does be sure to tell Dr. Fauci. 😃

Actually elderberries are great to build up the immune system. A superfood, you might say. They sold out at the health food store many weeks ago.

Before this virus hit, I had never heard of them, so no, not an Oklahoma folk remedy. People were ordering the products from Amazon. A hot item.

3 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Actually elderberries are great to build up the immune system. A superfood, you might say. They sold out at the health food store many weeks ago.

Before this virus hit, I had never heard of them, so no, not an Oklahoma folk remedy. People were ordering the products from Amazon. A hot item.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I was kidding about the Oklahoman folk remedy BTW. That said, a lot of modern medicines have their roots in old remedies.

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I was kidding about the Oklahoman folk remedy BTW. That said, a lot of modern medicines have their roots in old remedies.

Good you qualified your remarks. I was about to ask you if sarcasm or a sneer was involved. 😉

21 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Is your daughter doing well Betty?

Paulette

24 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Is your daughter doing well Betty?

Paulette

She is still sick. She has ups and downs. A crushing headache, sore throat and fever persists. She gets dizzy when she stands, and is very weak. This is day 10. It doesn’t follow the path of typical flu because the fever with flu doesn’t persist this long.

I've put these in the usual thread but they probably belong better here......

A ladybird on a tree in Epping Forest just  up the road, part of a trail for the amusement of small (and large!) persons

2BC1R4N.jpg2BC1R4C.jpg

There are a few of these, from Champagne-cork to kettle-sized.

Something less welcome in the forest. Some people.........!

2BC1R5A.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

On 28/03/2020 at 17:05, spacecadet said:

We are keeping back a few newspapers. But they're not as absorbent as they used to be when the ink came off on your fingers.

Cheeky wipes. More environmentally friendly anyway.

Southend has largely heeded the advice on a sunny day, at least yesterday, but that doesn't seem to have been repeated elsewhere/doesn't fit the media's agenda (delete as applicable).

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-4th-april-2020-most-people-have-heeded-the-warnings-to-stay-away-from-southend-on-sea-seafront-during-the-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-lockdown-period-council-and-police-feared-that-the-warm-sunny-weather-would-lead-to-crowds-gathering-on-the-seafront-so-have-closed-the-car-parks-along-the-front-and-in-the-town-some-people-made-use-of-the-weather-to-get-their-exercise-but-obeyed-the-social-distancing-guidelines-civil-enforcement-officer-guarding-parking-spaces-credit-avpicsalamy-live-news-2BCFCPJ.jpg

8 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Southend has largely heeded the advice on a sunny day, at least yesterday, but that doesn't seem to have been repeated elsewhere/doesn't fit the media's agenda (delete as applicable).

Ditto in Basingstoke. I walked through a park and everyone was keeping their distance, and if on a footpath, trying (and failing!) to surreptitiously move to the opposite side... I mean they moved, it was just blatantly obvious. Same in supermarkets. I assume it's not just my face 🤣

Nice little tribute this to the NHS (National Health Service).

Seen in the town where I live, whilst cycling for exercise.

Covid 19 coronavirus - bus stop mural in praise of the National Health Service (NHS) and other key workers, in Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK. 4th April Stock Photo

Covid 19 coronavirus - bus stop mural in praise of the National Health Service (NHS) and other key workers, in Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK. 4th April 2020.

• Love 3

I'm making photos every day to record the lockdown here in Tenerife.

Most of these are not on Alamy as I don't see them as stock, more a document of a time, and my response.

Is anyone else doing anything along these lines?

My photos are on a gallery in my website here

Phil

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Most of these are not on Alamy as I don't see them as stock, more a document of a time, and my response.

Phil

I hadn't thought about doing this. Terrific idea, though. I enjoyed your pics. It looks as if you're coping well with the situation.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I hadn't thought about doing this. Terrific idea, though. I enjoyed your pics. It looks as if you're coping well with the situation.

Thanks John. It was one of my first thoughts as we are going through a remarkable time and I think it should be recorded.

I don't believe my photos are anything earth shattering but they are a document of how one photographer is responding.

There are a number of ways people all over the world are reacting and creating a record on many levels and this is what will

be there to be remembered, so each day I try to make a few photos that are relevant. Not as easy as it sounds but I hope I'm

doing something that will be a document of my reality as I go through this.

We are coping well, better than I expected. It's not easy having your liberty restricted, only allowed out of your home for very

precise reasons due to no fault of your own. We are lucky living where we do, with access to a terrace and balcony, good climate,

and with enough resources to get by and feed ourselves despite the major part of my work vanishing overnight and with no support

from the government.

Phil 

3 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Thanks John. It was one of my first thoughts as we are going through a remarkable time and I think it should be recorded.

I don't believe my photos are anything earth shattering but they are a document of how one photographer is responding.

There are a number of ways people all over the world are reacting and creating a record on many levels and this is what will

be there to be remembered, so each day I try to make a few photos that are relevant. Not as easy as it sounds but I hope I'm

doing something that will be a document of my reality as I go through this.

We are coping well, better than I expected. It's not easy having your liberty restricted, only allowed out of your home for very

precise reasons due to no fault of your own. We are lucky living where we do, with access to a terrace and balcony, good climate,

and with enough resources to get by and feed ourselves despite the major part of my work vanishing overnight and with no support

from the government.

Phil 

Yes, you're lucky to live in such a pleasant place with a warm climate. Having no support from the government is a bummer. Canada is being very generous to its citizens, perhaps too generous. Heaven knows how all the handouts will be paid for after this disaster is over -- thru higher taxes and rising interest rates I imagine. I'm not sure that I will qualify for any government assistance, though, which might be a good thing in the long run.  Looking forward to seeing more pics.

P.S. I forgot to ask what the situation is like in the Canary Islands. A lot of cruise ships and charter flights must visit there. Are there many confirmed Corona cases?

Edited by John Mitchell

13 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Phil

Thanks for sharing. It's a nice, well-captured,  slice of everyday life at this time.

Maria