Your COVID-19 Images

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Excellent, John.

Thanks, the queue was so long that I actually ended up going somewhere else to do my grocery shopping. So far, I've only had to ask one person to "back off" in a store lineup. I was polite about it, of course. 😇

I just popped out for some air. I thought I'd try Sainsbury's for a bottle of wine. The nearest Sainsbury's was closed. I also noticed that all of the nearby hotels were closed. Z Hotel had lights and one person in the lobby. I'm in L1 you understand. It's Saturday and the centre is empty. Tis scary. 

John, I went into Tesco Express for the wine. A person got up next to me at checkout. I told them to get back over the line. And I was not polite about it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

family-at-home-during-coronavirus-covid-

This is me and my daughters doing the PE with Joe Youtube workout on Friday morning. Joe Wicks (aka The Body Coach) is doing a twenty minute live stream living room workout every morning to fill in for the nation's PE teachers while we're all home schooling due to coronavirus lockdown.. He's getting millions of people joining in, its good fun and makes your legs ache! 

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

A person got up next to me at checkout.

Had you knocked him/her over in your rush to get out of the shop?😃

Allan

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

I just popped out for some air. I thought I'd try Sainsbury's for a bottle of wine. The nearest Sainsbury's was closed. I also noticed that all of the nearby hotels were closed. Z Hotel had lights and one person in the lobby. I'm in L1 you understand. It's Saturday and the centre is empty. Tis scary. 

John, I went into Tesco Express for the wine. A person got up next to me at checkout. I told them to get back over the line. And I was not polite about it. 

Guess you're still a New Yorker at heart. 😁

Canadians are polite even when they're being impolite. It could be passive-agressive kind of thing.

1 minute ago, AlexH said:

This is me and my daughters doing the PE with Joe Youtube workout on Friday morning. Joe Wicks (aka The Body Coach) is doing a twenty minute live stream living room workout every morning to fill in for the nation's PE teachers while we're all home schooling due to coronavirus lockdown.. He's getting millions of people joining in, its good fun and makes your legs ache! 

Congratulations on winning the February challenge. We missed you...

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

We are keeping back a few newspapers. But they're not as absorbent as they used to be when the ink came off on your fingers.

Not sure if you are serious but just in case you are, this was in an email sent out by United Utilities a few days ago...

Please remember to only flush the three Ps – pee, poo and (toilet) paper. Please do not flush kitchen roll, wet wipes or newspaper down the toilet as these can cause major sewer blockages, bin them instead.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Guess you're still a New Yorker at heart. 😁

Canadians are polite even when they're being impolite. It could be passive-agressive kind of thing.

as a bilingual Canadian, i always said the English part in polite, the French part is sarcastic.   so when in say "i'm sorry" you never know what i intended...  🙂 

23 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

as a bilingual Canadian, i always said the English part in polite, the French part is sarcastic.   so when in say "i'm sorry" you never know what i intended...  🙂 

After living in BC for over four decades, my French is now really bad. However, I can still swear like a Quebecker.

Speaking of rhetorical questions that aren't really rhetorical, I enjoyed this

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

After living in BC for over four decades, my French is now really bad. However, I can still swear like a Quebecker.

Speaking of rhetorical questions that aren't really rhetorical, I enjoyed this

thanks that's great.  Some wonderful line..... loved "In stores, we avoid other people like the plague — oops, sorry, this is the plague."

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Just wondering if others have seen much interest in their images related to COVID-19. I've had views but no zooms so far. Mind you, I don't have very many to offer.

No zooms either, but I've also got very few on offer. Plus I'm not live news either. I think the market's kinda saturated to be honest. But you never know... Here's me finding out I couldn't play squash or badminton anymore.

An email from Basingstoke Sports Trust informing all members that the sports and fitness centre is shut during the Coronavirus Covid 19 pandemic - Stock Image

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

No zooms either, but I've also got very few on offer. Plus I'm not live news either. I think the market's kinda saturated to be honest. But you never know... Here's me finding out I couldn't play squash or badminton anymore.

You're probably correct about saturation at this point. I'm no longer in live news either.

Edited by John Mitchell

On 30/03/2020 at 11:18, John Mitchell said:

Just wondering if others have seen much interest in their images related to COVID-19. I've had views but no zooms so far. Mind you, I don't have very many to offer.

John,   micros are swamped with all kinds of COVID-19 photos.  This is one of reasons

I said somewhere on top of this thread I'd never take COVID photo,  but here is one.  Actually I still don't think its COVID photo, rather very nice shot Rx100 long exposure shot of Canmore Nordic Centre entrance;  main reason I took it was for info purposes at local outdoors hiking forum I participate on, and then since it was ok technically I put it up on Alamy as well:

information-table-at-entrance-to-canmore

Canmore Nordic Centre is Alberta Provincial Park, and provincial government, following National Parks, last week closed vehicle access, but recreation is still allowed.  

Edited by Autumn Sky

On 30/03/2020 at 19:18, John Mitchell said:

As a 'dabbler', sold two so far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

This bottle of elderberry concentrate is one of the first things I bought when the virus began to spread in the whole of the country, but not in my county, yet. I take 1/2 tsp every morning in my second cup of coffee. Hopefully it will help strengthen my immune system.

2BBHJ2Y.jpg

19 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

This bottle of elderberry concentrate is one of the first things I bought when the virus began to spread in the whole of the country, but not in my county, yet. I take 1/2 tsp every morning in my second cup of coffee. Hopefully it will help strengthen my immune system.

2BBHJ2Y.jpg

Old Oklahoman folk remedy? Hope it works. If it does be sure to tell Dr. Fauci. 😃

Not exactly an example of front-line, intrepid photojournalism. However, I thought the message on the sign was important and upbeat.

I'm not sure how "awesome" I feel, though. At least I haven't contracted the bug AFAIK. It seems that no forum members have either (touch wood), which is a positive thing.

vancouver-canada-30-march-2020-a-sign-ou

23 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Yes. Both taken locally, a short walk away.

It's amazing what you can find on a short walk if you keep your eyes open. I take a camera with me on my daily exercise strolls, which are permitted here, being sure to "social distance" of course.