2 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

I don't know what QC are taking these days, but today's submission passed in under 10 minutes . . .

Alex

I just uploaded one image in addition to two batches that I uploaded yesterday. Must have been lucky, as the entire three batches passed QC within three seconds. 

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

what i am finding recently for me is the QC approval seems to be bunched around 5-6pm GMT most weekday, so i have sometimes uploaded a last minute more timely seasonal image which made it through the QC batch.   

I suspect if QC haven't emptied the queue by the end of each working day they simply pass any outstanding submissions from the day before (or earlier) without checking them...?:unsure:?

How else can they possibly keep up with 100,000 images per day - even on a batch sampled basis?

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I suspect if QC haven't emptied the queue by the end of each working day they simply pass any outstanding submissions from the day before (or earlier) without checking them...?:unsure:?

How else can they possibly keep up with 100,000 images per day - even on a batch sampled basis?

Mark

that's one thing i've wondered, since it was odd that it was always day end.  could also be that the review results are only batched once a day, and as long as the image they looked at anytime in day passed, all your image in queue are passed through, with more leeway for high ranking contributors.  

curious of that 100,000 what proportion doesn't go through QC (ie. News and Reportage).  add the mass dumps from affiliates which likely are not checked.  

Edited by meanderingemu

All of the images I have uploaded via "Stock" have passed and ready for Captions and Keywords

in hours, Excellent on Alamy's part.

This week I have uploaded 48 to 60MB images in 32 seconds using a Comcast Broadband ethernet connection.

Keeping in mind that I tend to upload one image at a time.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
addition

18 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Still three stars.

One black and two white. Been like that since day one and never changed.

Allan

Sorry to disappoint, but that's one star. My three are all black.

Edited by spacecadet